Thread: PSP 1000 (Fat) Crackling Speaker Fix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exclamation PSP 1000 (Fat) Crackling Speaker Fix

Well Recently My PSP 1004's speakers have been getting rather Crackly especially with Higher pitched noises, especially for instance the default game start noise.

Then looking around for any tips on how to fix this problem before actually looking into replacement speakers at Dealextreme, I found this:

Pucker your lips over the speaker hole... then suck real hard... you will hear a crackle or pop... now try it... it may take some time but it normally works... I too thought my speaker was blown and saw this little trick somewhere and it worked a treat... have to do it once in a blue moon... also if you don't have the auto volume limiter on you will pop your speakers more often.
    Surprisingly... it actually worked and fixed my speakers, my left one made a tiny pop sound and its been perfect again since!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Well Recently My PSP 1004's speakers have been getting rather Crackly especially with Higher pitched noises, especially for instance the default game start noise.

Surprisingly... it actually worked and fixed my speakers, my left one made a tiny pop sound and its been perfect again since!
    from the sounds of it the speakers managed to depress themselves which is strange, reckon this would work on anything else?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    from the sounds of it the speakers managed to depress themselves which is strange, reckon this would work on anything else?
    Worth a shot id wage, if your speakers are that bad they need this then you got nothing to loose since you would need to replace em anyways