Thread: Tool for downloading complete roms sets

spider3 Guest

Default Tool for downloading complete roms sets

Hi all,
    I'm the emulation world from a few of years, and i've decided to donate something usefull. I'm developping a tool to download automatically complete roms sets from various servers. Currently the tool is 70% done. It supports auto-update, roms management, roms downloader of full sets from emuchina and edgeemulation servers. Probably i'll release the first beta next week. ALL BETAS WILL NOT ALLOW TO SAVE THE DOWNLOADED FILES. That's why if the tool spreads too much, the roms servers will use too much bandwidth. When the official release will be ready, i'll try to find a solution to keep the servers safe.
    If you are interested in beta testing just post it here or send me a pm to get more information! Stay tuned and i'll let you know all the news
    Here is a screenshot:

LiquidMadMan Guest

SWEET!

Thanks

Sounds good, where will we be able to download it?

spider3 Guest

Currently it's not been released, too many bugs i've to fix. Probably will be released on monday, if edgeemu server comes back online quick =P Btw, now it supports planetemulation servers download (bypassing the 300secs download delay)

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Hey, I would like to beta test this program. It looks pretty good.

SomeUserGuy Guest

that's a really great idea for people who wanna collect roms.

Thanks

Great innovative idea!

It would help many people out, I'm sure, and make their downloading experience more convenient and pleasant.

JadeSaber Guest

I think that looks sweet! I hope the "bugs" get worked out because that could be something really great!

spider3 Guest

Good morning all
    Damn, edgeemu is still down! I badly need another site with full good's roms set! I really need 3 active site to optimize my tool, if any1 know a site with full roms set, plz post it here or send me a PM! Btw, planetemu procedures for downloading are almost done

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Wow, I can't wait.

spider3 Guest

Great! Edgeemu is back online and now i can finish the general testing. MAY BE (and I said MAY BE) i'll release the first beta tonight, 0:00 (GTM +1:00 time...i live in Switzerland hehe)
    Check out this post for the news hehe L8r!