Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what were your thoughts on this year's E3?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question So what were your thoughts on this year's E3?

for me, it sucked.

M$ - use kinetic heavily, or so i'm told (didn't watch it). although my friend said they should use it, like windows 8.
    Spoiler warning:

They are also getting a halo 1 remake & halo 4.

EA - I hate EA, so i don't give a frick about them

Ubisoft - See EA

Sony - I heard there wasn't anything for the ps3. I watched the Vita bit, and it was everything we already knew, expect the price.

Nintendo - It was everything we already new for the 3ds for the most part. Why did they show off OoT:3D?! It comes out like next week. as for Wii U, for me, they marketed it as a wii peripheral rather than a new console.

overall a bit disappointed at everything. for me, it would be between Sony & Nintendo that had the best, but thats not saying much. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I think you should watch things yourself before making some statements..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sequels, sequels, remakes/restarts, clones - thats my thoughts.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Konami - Alright but nothing amazing. It was just a lot of old stuff.

Microsoft - LAWL. It was mostly Kinect with some brief lipservice to GoWIII and the promise of more Halo. None of which grabbed me.

EA - Not that bad, but nothing that seemed to jump out at me. Yeah, we get it, the games you have coming out are pretty sweet. Aside from that, the stuff they brought up was....kinda bad.

Ubisoft - Okay sorta. Too much FPS at this years E3 caused me to block out a bit of this and EA's stuff. The new Rayman looks great if that's your deal. Aside from that, more Assassin's Creed milking. Yeah...

Sony- Not really anything we didn't see before. It was largely adspace for their upcoming games (several of which were shown before at various events). About the only thing interesting is the price of the Vita and the announcement of more Bioshock stuff. Which is kind of interesting but not something shocking.

Nintendo - Missed it earlier. Playing catchup. Looks like they're still avoiding talking about their new system. I guess the gaijin market will have to wait until the glorious nippon shows in a little while to see what the system is actually about. Aside from that, pretty by the numbers "new system, new first party title" stuff.

All in all, a step down from last year which had a couple nice little surprises in store. But it felt like no one had anything ready to really "wow" the audience so they just filled it with a lot of talk and excessively long gameplay showcases of the latest military shooter.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have to say I actually thought E3 was going to be decent this year. Yet from what I've seen, not much has peaked my interest. A real let down this year. Last year was actually good. The new Mario 3DS game looks sorta interesting. Twisted Metal looks good, but then again I am a fan of twisted metal.

Thanks
    EP Points

Like Ray said it was more or less a letdown, aside from maybe the Wii U.

And I'm starting to get really sick of the Kinect. Stop trying to shove it down our throats and focus on making proper games instead.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This:

And these look fucking awesome:

Thanks
    EP Points

It was kind of strange to watch the presentations not with the excitement I felt as a child when Street Fighter 2 was announced for the Super Famicom,..(wow, I'm old now,) but with mild curiosity; scrutinizing the body language of the speakers and viewing the strange offerings being presented to a new generation of gamers. So much of it strikes me as bells and whistles, but there are always those titles that will still pique my interest. I'm always tempted to complain that gaming is no longer a niche market, but, like I said, there are still plenty of unique experiences out there that don't cater directly to the majority.

Thanks

Despite seeing some great things at this year's E3, it just wasn't as captivating as the one from last year. It was definitely missing the spark E3 2010 had.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought it was lame as hell. I didn't watch much yesterday, and watched 3/4 of the Nintendo shit today, but I just looked at a recap, and I am disappointed. Nintendo though is on top on this one, can't wait to hear more about the Wii U.

As for some of the games coming out, most of them look good.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    And these look fucking awesome:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Ninja Theory will completely destroy the Devil May Cry franchise. There's no way this will be as good as the previous DMC games.

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I saw yesterday and from the top of my head, games to look forward to:
    Resident Evil - Revelations
    Dragon's Dogma
    Dragon Crown
    Journey

Forgettable stuff:
    Resident Evil- Racoon crap
    DmC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    From what I saw yesterday and from the top of my head, games to look forward to:
    Resident Evil - Revelations
    Dragon's Dogma
    Dragon Crown
    Journey

Forgettable stuff:
    Resident Evil- Racoon crap
    DmC
    Hi Cookie Monster!

Looks like you forgot GOTY11 Dark Souls. Please correct your post after reading this.

Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Hi Cookie Monster!

Looks like you forgot GOTY11 Dark Souls. Please correct your post after reading this.

Thanks!
    Hi there, crusher!

It was intentional, I haven't watched any Dark Souls vid cos I don't want to spoil me any boss that's why I haven't mentioned it.

And I'm sorry to say there's only one GOTY11 and we both know that's Uncharted

You are welcome!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Hi there, crusher!

It was intentional, I haven't watched any Dark Souls vid cos I don't want to spoil me any boss that's why I haven't mentioned it.

And I'm sorry to say there's only one GOTY11 and we both know that's Uncharted

You are welcome!
    RAAAAGE! ...at least Dark Souls will be GOTY11 for a month!