Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS Vita, Aka, the PSP2/NGP is only $250!

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation PS Vita, Aka, the PSP2/NGP is only $250!

wow, that took me by surprise. well, its $250 for the wi-fi version, although, i have heard it is much more expensive in EU & japan, but in America, its the same price as the 3ds.

Looks like Nintendo has some strong competition now. I thought there was no way it would be under $300 so i bought a 3DS, but now...I'm having second thoughts, although I'm sure Nintendo will pull though, can't want to see these players play.

Although, a yellow flag popped up for me when they were showcasing the games. Alot of them looked to use the touchscreen, and it reminded me of DS games, where the big push was the touchscreen, so you got crappy games or forced touchscreen controls. aside from that, wow.

What are your thoughts on Vita?( other than it sounding like Vista, which then reminds me how crappy that thing is...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Only gonna buy if it's easy to hack and able to play PS2 isos.
    Wait...considering that it's SONY, it's gonna be easy to hack anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Only gonna buy if it's easy to hack and able to play PS2 isos.
    Wait...considering that it's SONY, it's gonna be easy to hack anyways
    I think you mean Microsoft...
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks

Default NGP Named PlayStation Vita! Sony Announces Vita at E3.

Good thing that awful name NGP was cast aside, I was wondering for a while there.

Anyways, Sony has officially announced the PlayStation Vita at E3. The successor to the PSP in ways, with many hardware, both gimmicks and performance, improvements.

http://kotaku.com/5809241/playstatio...eres-the-price

I'm REALLY excited about this, and I doubt it will disappoint me as badly as the awful 3DS. In fact, I think it may turn out great as long as they have an open OS. But I just hope that developers wont use the gimmicks too much... or, at least, optional. But dual-sticks is AMAZING, along with no more disc-based loading.

I don't think mobile phones will phase out portable systems just yet, considering the halfassed games coming out for all the phone OS's.

In the dumpster behind Wal*Mart. Thank God there's WiFi.
    Thanks

Oh, that's right... E3 started today... Forgot...

Heheh, I still don't own a PSP... I hope this means the price of the PSP will drastically decrease, so I can finally buy one without having to put a nick in my wallet (they're only less than 100 dollars atm, but still... screw that...).

Anywho, I'm not excited for this, personally. I wish handhelds were still just buttons and a screen, not all of these fancy little doohickies like touch-screens and motion-doomamaboggers... Am I old-fashioned?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icantfeelmyarms View Post
    Heheh, I still don't own a PSP... I hope this means the price of the PSP will drastically decrease, so I can finally buy one without having to put a nick in my wallet (they're only less than 100 dollars atm, but still... screw that...).
    Dude, they started phasing out PSPs like 3 months ago. You can easily pick up a 2nd generation PSP (the best of all models) for like $100 if you actually pay full price, I picked one up for about $50 in mint condition. No one cares about them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by icantfeelmyarms View Post
    Anywho, I'm not excited for this, personally. I wish handhelds were still just buttons and a screen, not all of these fancy little doohickies like touch-screens and motion-doomamaboggers... Am I old-fashioned?
    I'm just excited for the performance hardware, OLED screen, and possible third party games. Sony has everything they need out of this system, they just need a library to go with it.

In the dumpster behind Wal*Mart. Thank God there's WiFi.
    Thanks

Alright, I'll agree with you on your second point Those are all good factors... But I like simplicity when it comes to control... I don't mind a dickload of buttons... but, doesn't this thing have like... touch-thingies and whatnot?

Now, as for the price of a PSP... Like I said, I don't want to dish out 100 bones for an item I want, which I'll only use to play several games. If I could find one dirt-cheap, not-shitty, and semi-pretty, I'd be set. My old friend did that same thing, but for the DS... he found a shitty DS that worked and didn't look too bad JUST so he could buy like, two games. There really is only like, five or six games I actually WANT a PSP for... I'm sure that once I have one I'll come across some good titles, though.

Thanks

I just hope the shitfest of hacking that has plagued the PS3 these past several months doesn't get transferred over to the new portable in a vicious way. Sure hacking the thing is great ala PSP style but man I'd be highly pissed if I bought one and shit like stolen personal information, assuming it did occur as I admit I haven't exactly kept up on all things Sony until I realized they had their conference yesterday, and a shutdown of the PSN were still rampant.

Thanks

I'm buying one day one. Yes I am. The price point was perfect, so that decided me.

Thanks

Not even wasting my time on it. Its really not worth it to me considering I bought the psp at the same price and to be fair. Its one of the worse systems I've had. I use my wii and GBA more than I do my PSP or xbox 360

Thanks
    EP Points

I am still waiting for more information about games. From what I have seen, it looks promising though. You have Wipeout being able to play against Wipeout HD. That means there should never be a shortage of online players. The Kojima Productions Transfarring also has peaked my interest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Dude, they started phasing out PSPs like 3 months ago. You can easily pick up a 2nd generation PSP (the best of all models) for like $100 if you actually pay full price, I picked one up for about $50 in mint condition. No one cares about them anymore.
    I Do

Well Personally im very interested in the next psp i personally loved the first one and I Will probs get the new one

Thanks
    EP Points

i'll prolly grab it way later, nintendo is always the first i buy

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not going to buy one, I have no reason to have a handheld console.

Thanks
    EP Points

the one problem is see is, its more or less a Playstation 3 Portable rather than something new, in terms of games.