Page 188 of 269 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4026

Thread: The Let-It-All-Out: We're Here For You. No, Really.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In terms of story, BB isn't all that complicated.

I mean, most of it is right there. In that game you didn't play the story mode to.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    We should play some sort of racing game sometime.
    Wipeout HD will most likely be the only racing game I ever own.

And that doesn't even count.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    In terms of story, BB isn't all that complicated.

I mean, most of it is right there. In that game you didn't play the story mode to.
    Indeed. I did finish off the story mode in CS, but I think they were expecting me to have played the first one or something. Crazy people.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Wipeout HD will most likely be the only racing game I ever own.

And that doesn't even count.
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is a good purchase.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ray and Tan should send me things soon.

So I can spend an entire day working on them.

Or we could finish and then you give it to me. I guess that too, is a thing that we are quite capable of doing.

I'm on a bed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is a good purchase.
    No thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Or we could finish and then you give it to me. I guess that too, is a thing that we are quite capable of doing.

I'm on a bed.
    Is that all you're on?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No thanks.
    You could always get it as a gift from Nemesis. I hear he has a thing for people that treat him badly.

Thanks
    EP Points

You could always get it as a gift from Nemesis. I hear he has a thing for people that treat him badly.
    I knew a Russian like that once.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is that all you're on?
    I'm also:

On a pillow
    On Facebook
    On the planet Earth
    On PSN
    On Emuparadise Forums
    On Probation
    On my last nerves
    On and on and on.

There you go.

Thanks
    EP Points

I knew a Russian like that once.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Time to put Goober to bed.

/fatherly duties are a drag

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm on a bed.
    I take it you didn't see the post I made.

The audio was eaten. There was an option that had apparently become unchecked.

It's unusable.

Depressing.

Finding a purple Hakumen led me to a BB wiki, where I read about three articles before I gave up for the millionth time on understanding anything other than the extreme basics of the BB storyling.
    The "teach me litchi" sections provide a lot of the basis.

Essentially, the world is as it is today. But then the black beast shows up. It's completely immune to all weapons and eats most of the world's population. But out of all this, a group of six people come together to stop the beast. They teach the rest of the people how to use magic (which is only possible in the first place due to seether, which is emitted by the beast itself). They're also backed up by a lot of specially created beastmen, humans hybrids that are able to survive in the seether rich world (seether is toxic to normal humans). Some races happen to be a bit...unusual. Tao is a clone of sorts of Jubei. There's also Nox development, special weapons created to combat the beast that have rather serious side effects on the wielder (most evident in the modern wielders with Carl) . While all this is going on, a warrior known as Bloodedge is holding the beast at bay. When all is said and done, a team of the six heroes: Nine (Kokonoe's mom), Jubei (her dad), Valkenhaym (Rachel's butler), Terumi (pre-Hazama), Platinum (in her previous body), and Hakumen (Jin from a different future) fight the beast. Hakumen ends up being the biggest hero in all of this according to Jubei.

Unfortunately, Hakumen gets a little overzealous in the fallout to all this. He tries to point out the things to come and attempts to prevent the worst of all possible futures. People aren't happy about it. Terumi turns out to be responsible for the creation of the beast in the first place. Things go to shit and the heroes pretty much implode. As a group, they cease to function. Nine is dead (murdered by Terumi), Hakumen is sealed in the "boundary" (pretty much the afterlife crossed with a hub on which the many parallel worlds spin), Terumi is supposedly dead, nobody really knows what became of Platinum nor Valk. Jubei is seriously injured and isn't one for leadership so he goes off on a neverending journey. The Library becomes the new government in what's left of the world. They're pretty huge fascists and rather big dicks, so there's a lot of difficulties in their rule, for instance the Ikaruga war which consisted of a bunch of people trying to rebel against the oppressive regime. Considering the Library originally existed to produce, protect, and monitor the universes superweapons and super humans which they happen to hold a monopoly on it goes over about as well as you'd figure.

And here's where shit gets a bit complicated.

The beast itself is v-13 from another future that played out somewhat like a bad ending from Ragna's story in 1. Hakumen is a version of Jin that ended up getting sucked back in time and saved by Rachel, given a suit of power armor originally designed for Terumi. Ragna becomes the Bloodedge who sacrificed himself to buy the world enough time to get its shit in order.

In the background of all this you have systems set in place to keep the universe repeating indefinitely. The repeated time loops are about the only thing that's keeping the world intact. But not everyone's too happy about this. Terumi is aware it's happening and has resolved to stop it. And, as such, he's responsible for a lot of the more unusual goings on in the series. Which turns out to be all steps in creating the perfect weapon with which to destroy the system itself. Part of this was the creation of the Azure Grimoire (the same power used to create the time loop itself), the cultivation of Noel (a being perfectly in tune with the Azure), the incidents involving Jin and Saya (so that he could use them later), the clones (experimentation purposes and "backups"), and the black beast itself (a failed attempt at creating something akin to CS' u-12).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Time to put Goober to bed.

/fatherly duties are a drag
    Nooooo, you're a Drag.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah.

You know what? We should just to after action commentary with the video we have. That' just smart.

We didn't dub the opening cutscene anyway, so...