Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Make a Reprogrammable Genesis Cart

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a physical pcb in my hand of NFL Football '94 starring Joe Montana and it has a battery on it.

Just got around to playing some of this MM WW and I'm not liking this version. It has major slow down at the boss, I might have to try and find an original version that is not pal.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-March-2016 at 07:31. Reason: merged posts

Thanks

awesome tutorial, just a question, If I have a donor card and a M27C322m, can ir flash it with a small game like ghostbusters (512kb) or do I need the exact size EPROM?

Thanks
    EP Points

I made 2 post and both got deleted??? Seriously what is the problem?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by srmoska View Post
    awesome tutorial, just a question, If I have a donor card and a M27C322m, can ir flash it with a small game like ghostbusters (512kb) or do I need the exact size EPROM?
    Go ahead. All you need to do is make sure the higher address pins are going to their respective pins on the cart edge or tied to ground.
    Another option which I don't condone is to duplicate the ROM to fill the entire ROM-chip and leave the higher address pin hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanxp300 View Post
    I made 2 post and both got deleted??? Seriously what is the problem?
    Your multiple posts were merged together. You're posting like this is an Instant messenger.
    If you have more to add, just edit your post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok. I didn't see it as a multiple post as they were posted days apart. I didn't realize if you were the last to post you were expected to just edit your last post instead of posting a new post. Kind of pointless to post that way as anyone who already read your post before you edited it would have zero clue you said something new. For now on I suppose I will just wait until someone else post after me if I have something I wish to address.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Ok. I didn't see it as a multiple post as they were posted days apart. I didn't realize if you were the last to post you were expected to just edit your last post instead of posting a new post. Kind of pointless to post that way as anyone who already read your post before you edited it would have zero clue you said something new. For now on I suppose I will just wait until someone else post after me if I have something I wish to address.
    Rule 7.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-General-Rules

Has existed for at least as long as I've been here. You've been here more than 3 years so you've had plenty of time to look around and read.

It's plain to see if a post has been edited and when it was edited. The post itself will have a date and time, the edit will have its own date and time.
    Look at the top left of this post above my avatar and then look below this line.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-March-2016 at 23:09.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not arguing anything and while I have been registered here for 3 years I have not actually been here. I registered here 3 years ago to get a dream cast iso. Until my post in this thread a few months ago I have not done anything on this site, check my logs.

I was unaware of the rules as I have not explored this site much outside of the like 2 threads I have ever posted in. I am not trying to cause problems I just did not understand what was going on. I did not even see my post had been edited until jazz pointed it out. I posted last night right when the forum was updating and thought my post didn't take. I then posted again and came back later to see it was gone again and did not understand why.

I now know what happened. I will obey the rules. I personally feel editing a post days after it has been posted is pointless as odds are nobody will see it. I find it quite pointless to write something that will likely not be seen as odds are anyone who already read this thread would not know there is updated info. Unless this forum marks a last past when edited as a new post, which I have never encountered before. It's cool I will not double post again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Go ahead. All you need to do is make sure the higher address pins are going to their respective pins on the cart edge or tied to ground.
    Another option which I don't condone is to duplicate the ROM to fill the entire ROM-chip and leave the higher address pin hanging.
    The donnor cart is the original fifa. It seems like all the pins are already traced traced to the cart edge. So if everything is wired like you mention in your tutorial I don't need to do the padding?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by srmoska View Post
    The donnor cart is the original fifa. It seems like all the pins are already traced traced to the cart edge. So if everything is wired like you mention in your tutorial I don't need to do the padding?
    If you are confident that none of the address pins will be hanging, then padding is not needed.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I just tried to make Gley lancer and I am 90 % sure the problem has to do with the region somehow. I downloaded a japan rom and then patched the file to english translation. This is apparently a dual-patch rom.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1173/

Anyhow I got the exact same problem as I did with the pal wily wars I tried converting to U. Soon as produced by sega went off I got a red screen. I opened with a hex editor and it says it is 55 for usa but in the text it has UJ listed.

Any ideas why this is locking up and how to fix it?

Well after going back to the beginning of this thread. It appears you have wrote the checksum is probably bad. I downloaded that ucon64 program you mentioned. Seems like a headache. I have not done command stuff much at all and not really any since like 2004. Not really wanting to figure this out right now.... maybe later.

I found a tool that is made for genesis and checks checksum and fixes it, very easy gui. It said it is all good.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/342/

edit...

I make my own problems......

I was looking at the wrong pin-outs.

So as a correction the game works fine now. On my test board it is already set-up properly. I'm not sure what I did wrong the 1st time but the game works now and the master code is not required.
    Last edited by icemanxp300; 11th-March-2016 at 01:42.

Thanks

what about a board that has the game split into 2 chips? if you want to use it do you have to seperat the rom into 2 eeproms?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So I just tried to make Gley lancer and I am 90 % sure the problem has to do with the region somehow. I downloaded a japan rom and then patched the file to english translation. This is apparently a dual-patch rom.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1173/

Anyhow I got the exact same problem as I did with the pal wily wars I tried converting to U. Soon as produced by sega went off I got a red screen. I opened with a hex editor and it says it is 55 for usa but in the text it has UJ listed.

Any ideas why this is locking up and how to fix it?

Well after going back to the beginning of this thread. It appears you have wrote the checksum is probably bad. I downloaded that ucon64 program you mentioned. Seems like a headache. I have not done command stuff much at all and not really any since like 2004. Not really wanting to figure this out right now.... maybe later.

I found a tool that is made for genesis and checks checksum and fixes it, very easy gui. It said it is all good.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/342/

edit...

I make my own problems......

I was looking at the wrong pin-outs.

So as a correction the game works fine now. On my test board it is already set-up properly. I'm not sure what I did wrong the 1st time but the game works now and the master code is not required.
    Cool. Glad you found the problem.
    The Red screen was most likely a region problem, but it could read the wrong region if it was a pinout problem too.

uCon64 also has a GUI taht you can find links to on the same site. Its called uf-FOX
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster76 View Post
    what about a board that has the game split into 2 chips? if you want to use it do you have to seperat the rom into 2 eeproms?
    Please be more specific. Does the board contain any other chips? RAM? Logic? Etc?
    It could be rewired to support one or two eproms, but not without more info.

Thanks

Last edited by gamemaster76; 13th-March-2016 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster76 View Post
    What game was it and what game do you want to put on it?
    The smaller chips are for mapping the ROM(s) and RAM to specific locations in the full scope of the console's accessibility.

Thanks

its world series baseball 98, im thinking either megaman the wily wars or crusader of centy