Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Make a Reprogrammable Genesis Cart

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Very cool. Your adapter works then? How about the button?
    I may have to make my own if it ends up being that clean looking.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Very cool. Your adapter works then? How about the button?
    I may have to make my own if it ends up being that clean looking.
    Yes it works well, momentary switch to pause the game.

You know what, It's not used as a mapper at all. The chip sets up the stack pointer which you probably have to do for Phantasy star. I don't think you need a mapper at all because of the enormous amount of memory the Mega Drive is already able to map. However Rap tested PS and listed it as compat with the MD controller and Stack pointer "OK".

I have to do more research on this. I really need a copy of a game with that PLS153 chip.
    How much memory can the Megadrive access when it is in Master System Mode.. I could try burning a 256k or 512k ROM to a 27c040 and putting in a SMS PCB through my pin converter

Edit Tried it and didn't work
    EDIT:
    UGH

SEGA did the same darn thing with GG. Bugs the hell outta me.
    So I received the official power base converter today (along with a Pete Sampras tennis prototype).
    Popped the hood and there's the 315-5342. I use a gq4x.. Will I be able to dump this chip using this.
    I have only used it for EPROM so far.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 18th-February-2016 at 00:34. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wal666 View Post
    So I received the official power base converter today (along with a Pete Sampras tennis prototype).
    Popped the hood and there's the 315-5342. I use a gq4x.. Will I be able to dump this chip using this.
    I have only used it for EPROM so far.
    I don't know. I do know that the program itself has been dumped and disassembled on SMS-Power. So if we found an acceptable PLA, then writing a code for it would be a piece of cake.

I want to ask if you could try some things for me with your adapter. I am curious about the three Address pins (SMD-side) that are pulled high or low and whether the adapter will function without them connected. Could you disconnect them one-after the other and test the adapter once again?

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry I missed your question. it seems that it was a while ago.
    There is only me for answering questions.
    It's cool, I just thought I was being ignored lol. It shouldn't be just you helping out. Regardless I successfully got Truxton, Musha, and today just made Crusader of Centry. I think I might grab a few 322 chips and try for Beggar Prince. I have read about save problems and such on different versions. I managed to find version 1 but I think I need to locate version 3.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by icemanxp300 View Post
    It's cool, I just thought I was being ignored lol. It shouldn't be just you helping out. Regardless I successfully got Truxton, Musha, and today just made Crusader of Centry. I think I might grab a few 322 chips and try for Beggar Prince. I have read about save problems and such on different versions. I managed to find version 1 but I think I need to locate version 3.
    The ROMs do not have "save problems". beggar Prince has a custom hardware mapper that places ROM and RAM is bizarre locations within the memory map. The header of Beggar Prince states taht ROM starts in a weird location and that there is not backup RAM.

[code]
    Genesis/Sega Mega Drive/Sega CD/32X/Nomad
    BEGGAR PRINCE
    (C)2005
    Japan, U.S.A., Europe
    4194304 Bytes (32.0000 Mb)

Padded: No
    Interleaved/Swapped: No
    Backup unit/emulator header: No
    Japanese game name: BEGGAR PRINCE
    Date:
    Internal size: 5932.0608 Mb
    ROM start: 207800fc
    ROM end: 4ed02020
    Cartridge RAM: No
    Product type: Educational
    I/O device(s): 3 Button Pad
    Modem data:
    Memo:
    Product code: 001
    Version: 1.
    Checksum: Ok, 0x0836 (calculated) == 0x0836 (internal)
    Checksum (CRC32): 0xf3af46cd[code]

Let me know if you find an alternate version.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

You have Musha? you have label,manual for Crusader of Centry by chance? I have Musha files if want them http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...d-Armor-NTSC-U

Jazzmarazz did see this? Mega Man - The Wily Wars (NTSC & SRAM patched) i guess some people are getting stuck idk id like make that game i have it CIB all files Will have test some ROMS before we make them http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-SRAM-patched)
    Last edited by deadlegion; 28th-February-2016 at 20:51. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually just tried putting MM WW on a cart and it didn't work. I did toss it in my tester board that has battery save so that could be the problem. I will make another tester board w/out battery and see if that matters. I also found Ms Pacman tengen board does not seem to be a good donor for musha. It worked in tester board but not in tengen board, swapped with a desert demolition cart and it worked. As far as MM WW when I load in the tester board it only loads the produced by Sega screen then black, so later on when I get a chance I will make a non battery tester board.

Thanks

im trying to make musha with monopoly, im using a m27c160 chip, so i only need to wire a18 and a19? also do i leave the pins that are already i b7 and b8? or do i remove them?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster76 View Post
    im trying to make musha with monopoly, im using a m27c160 chip, so i only need to wire a18 and a19? also do i leave the pins that are already i b7 and b8? or do i remove them?
    A18 and A19 have to go somewhere. Since MUSHA is only 512KBytes, you don't need them. You can either connect them to the carts edge (B7 and B8) or to Ground. Your choice.

Thanks

just to make sure, b7 and b8 are q7 and q8 right? wich one is ground?

it works! thanks!
    Last edited by deadlegion; 28th-February-2016 at 20:51. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Goal is make that game MM WW with no bugs even if burn to eprom wont matter because game (ROM) has glitches

Thanks
    EP Points

So I think the problem with the rom I had was it was "E". I got a hex editor and edited it to a "U" but I know nothing of hex editing and was just following a forum guide I found. After I saved it, it no longer played in gens and when put on an 27c160 it does the produced by sega then red screen.

I ended up just using the other file from that link by teabagme2. The game works but from what I read there must be a teleport bug in it?

Thanks
    EP Points

So I think the problem with the rom I had was it was "E". I got a hex editor and edited it to a "U" but I know nothing of hex editing and was just following a forum guide I found. After I saved it, it no longer played in gens and when put on an 27c160 it does the produced by sega then red screen.

I ended up just using the other file from that link by teabagme2. The game works but from what I read there must be a teleport bug in it?
    Yea thats what i read has be ROM have find original ROM this is my original that i have has different attachmentid %3D46303 i got it from here emupardise https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Thanks
    EP Points

I wanted to make an adjustment to your donor cart list of battery save.

Joe Montana Sports talk football is not correct, that game does not have save battery.

NFL Football '94 starring Joe Montana is the cart that has save battery.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wanted to make an adjustment to your donor cart list of battery save.

Joe Montana Sports talk football is not correct, that game does not have save battery.

NFL Football '94 starring Joe Montana is the cart that has save battery.
    I just checked the header of both ROMs and neither claims to have access to SRAM.