Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
Thread opened by request.

Sorry I never responded. I must have missed your post. The double posting rule pertains to short periods of time between posts. If no one seems to respond within a week or two, feel free to double post. Also feel free to PM me directly. I like to keep all discussions in this thread for others to find, but I may not see every post even if I would like to.

Really glad you got your Cotton cart working on your own, you must have learned a bit from that experience.

As for PS4, it sounds like you are using two different "types" of saving-boards. PS4 uses a large SRAM chip while the original Wily Wars uses a small EEPROM to save. These are not compatible with each other however, There is a patch for the Wily Wars ROM that changes it to use SRAM instead. This makes it compatible with SRAM type boards.
Yes I just came to the conclusion that PS4 and similar donors must just access save data from different locations within the rom and that is why they are not compatible for saving. As far as Cotton goes it was a learning experience doing pin traces but the game that really required learning was making Golden Axe 3.

That game has region protection so good that it required me to learn how to put a game genie master region code into the rom using a hex editor. Not only do you have to get the code but you have to convert it to hex and then open the rom and put that hex code into the rom. While not all the difficult once you do it, having no idea what hex code is or ever using a hex editor you are basically flying blind and hoping for the best.

I have so many of the EA games that are good save donors but I don't have any games that would require a big shell like that and I personally don't like the looks anyhow. Any interest here I plan on unloading them on ebay.