Thread: 'Emulate' Roms on Original-PSX

Thanks

Default 'Emulate' Roms on Original-PSX

I've got a problem about running games (downloaded images) on a "applicable" scph-7502 psx console (please excuse my bad speach because it's not my native language).
    The choosen images from emuparadise (PAL ones) works fine on emulators but if i want to make it more epic (usual way of doing: unzip/unrar/un7zip with 7zip unecm with pakiso and burn (*.bin file) "on the fly" from virtual clone drive with clonecd (slowest read 2x and slowest write 1x other error correcture options on)).
    But unfortunately it doesn't work.

Comparing an image and original Disk there is no exe file... Have I to remove some files and create a new customized image?

Thanks for helping
    m(it freundlichen)g(rüßen)42

Thanks
    EP Points

you mean you have a modded/chipped right? you dont have to modify the image at all.
    use the cue to burn not the bin to a cd-r. ive never used clonecd so cant help you there.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Burn from cue file only never burn a bin file directly or from a virtual drive, you will loose the CD music tracks and will only have a data track

Recomend the free tool ImgBurn to burn PSX CD images

Never convert or Resize CD images for PSX games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tex2chi View Post
    you mean you have a modded/chipped right? you dont have to modify the image at all.
    use the cue to burn not the bin to a cd-r. ive never used clonecd so cant help you there.
    Yes, i can use copied (PAL) Games (console with chip) but I think that the problem is the image, unpacked (bin.ecm file) maybe cue + mdf, which i have to burn, or maybe its especially the game which doesn't work with a real console. Which programm do you mean? Alcohol, Nero (Burning Rom) or something else with whick settings?

Edit:

I think that i must try it again with imgbrn.

[offtopic]I know what you mean with subchannel... (At some older games before 98/99 u can simply listen above 2nd track on (more or less) good music (depended by gametitle and flavour oh oh strange Definition )) But newer games often has "soft" subchannel data (players recognize only single datachannel...[/offtopic]

Now I only have to put the corresponding cue file out of your thumbnailed file and now it should work??? Thanking you in anticipation, now I'll try and report results later.
    Last edited by mg42; 1st-June-2011 at 18:22.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ImgBurn will do all types of CD image file

Burn speed you may want to set to the lowest possible but asides from that all settings can be left on default

Always burn the cue file if it has one

Never burn a bin file on it's own

If you have a bin without a cue, the cue should be included in the Cue's & Sbi's archive

http://www.imgburn.com/
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2011 at 17:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thank you, it works.
    When my first experimets don't work i thought it won't do in future, too.
    Last edited by mg42; 2nd-June-2011 at 13:45.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just to note that alot of PAL games are protected against mod chips
    This is not always obvious as most let you play some part of the game before stopping you progressing

You are in luck though as most have patches to get round this.

For a list of protected games goto http://www.geocities.ws/psxcplist/psxlist2.htm

also buring with subchannel data does not do anything helpfull, never has done, though this was debated plenty of times, long in the past

I myself use a PAL PSone with mod chip (Not the best mod chip though or badly fitted I can only boot backups on it and only PAL games unless I patch the boot sector before burning)

There is a burnal CD called Import Player that can bypass the boot issue and also fix any display issues
    You can patch the boot to be able to boot up on PAL consoles
    You can patch the Display to change it from NTSC to PAL

For display I tend to recomend RGB scart for fixing display rather than patching or using import player though that will enable colour display of NTSC on PAL TV sets, patching or Import Player may cause NTSC games to crash out/go out of sync due to forcing NTSC 60Hz to PAL 50Hz
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-June-2011 at 14:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]