Thread: (PS1) Alltile help about the files.

Thanks

Default (PS1) Alltile help about the files.

Well, I never had any problems with the files, but recently I got Fpse on my phone and it says to always use the .cue file from a .bin/.cue. Whenever I use epsxe I always choose the .bin as I thought its the biggest file from the two, but I never knew that some of the music is lost when using the .bin file. So heres my question, out of all the other files which one do you select?

.bin/.cue
    .img/.cue

etc.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

cue sheet always

for ePSXe use a Virtual drive to run your games Deamon tools lite does the trick there

some emulators if directly to the bin file directly can only detect the data track the cue file tells whatever software is reading it what tracks are contained in the data file *.bin or *.img

if you open the cue file in notepad you will see that it lists tracks and start and end of each track

ePSXe can actually read all tracks from just opening a bin or img file and can't open a cue file at all, but using a virtual drive will fix other issues caused from using the run iso option in ePSXe like freezing FMV scenes or not playing them and freezing before a scene can be shown, it also fixed the CD change bug in various versions of ePSXe

a few other PSX emulators will tell you open a bin aswell but need a cue file there aswell to enable cdda tracks (sound tracks)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2011 at 12:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR