Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The worst experience you've had at Gamestop?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Every single time im there i make a point of opening cases and being vocal about my opinions but alas he doesn't seem to be able to throw me out or ban me since im a paying customer and doing nothing wrong
    I still buy from there, but its always more of a case of I triple check the goods before i leave the store, him and some of his employee's are assholes, 2 of em are cool though
    Side note: Wall of text is critting for OVER 9000!
    Good luck doing that in the States. I've seen my assistant manager kick out and ban a kid for looking at him funny. No joke, he's a dick.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Ditto, I've never scratched a game before.
    Thinking of horrible crap on a disc, the honor doesn't go to Gamestop. Blockbuster doesn't ever look at their rental discs. I rented something once, and I'm not kidding, it had a band-aid stuck onto it. I can only assume some stupid kid scratched it and thought a band-aid would fix it... I peeled it off and cleaned the disc with some solvents (like I care about Blockbuster discs (incidentally, paint thinner can sometimes have interesting destructive effects on discs)) and the movie played flawlessly. Stupid kids...
    When my brother ruined my Final Fantasy VII disks, we rented it from Blockbuster and swapped the disks out. Shh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    When my brother ruined my Final Fantasy VII disks, we rented it from Blockbuster and swapped the disks out. Shh.
    Pure evil.

Thanks

I've never really had a bad experience with Gamestop. Other than their batshit insane prices on used games, I never have trouble with them. I guess it helps that the one guy that works there somehow knew me by name. Apparently, we worked in the same office building for a while (Gamestop was a part-time side job) only on different floors. I only ever saw him there once, but he still recognizes me as a coworker and treats me as an equal when I go to Gamestop. Even went out of his way to when I bought my 360 used to make sure I got the one that another gamestop employee just traded in. The thing was in damn near perfect condition. Even the used controller felt like new. It was a special edition Halo controller too.

It seems like everyone at that store is fairly knowledgeable. And they don't deny that their prices on used games and trade-ins are horrid. The girl that works there even brought her own 3DS in to let customers play before they got there in-store display set up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Pure evil.
    Evil,but smart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Pure evil.
    Pure awesome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tayls
    Other than their batshit insane prices on used games, I never have trouble with them.
    It's because they want you to buy the new copy. Everything is pretty much only 10% less for used.

Quote Originally Posted by tayls
    It seems like everyone at that store is fairly knowledgeable. And they don't deny that their prices on used games and trade-ins are horrid. The girl that works there even brought her own 3DS in to let customers play before they got there in-store display set up.
    The employees make any store. Usually they are grumpy/dickish/dumb at Gamestop. Plus, if I was working there I know I wouldn't give an eff.

One of the people at a local place I go to was in a pissy mood today. I trolled after making my purchase.

Thanks

I've never really had a ton of bad experiences with Gamestop in the past, although the one I used to frequent was nice because my cousin knew everyone who worked there so they were always pretty nice to me. The prices are ridiculous and what not so i stopped going there and started doing everything through online retailers. I feel bad because that one I used to go to got shut down, and everyone was fired, and they were generally nice people. But life sucks =(, just gotta deal with it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I refuse to buy disc only games. To me no manual is disc only. Same thing goes for lack of bonus contents for games that came with bonus contents.
    So shit, I was rereading this thread for w/e reason and was reminded of GREAT RAGE. One time when I was looking for an NISA game (it was AT or MK I can't remember which) Gamestop had a used copy. So of course just the case is out, I ask if it has the bonus contents and the guy tells me with a straight face that they throw that stuff out when they get it with a used copy. GO DIE ASSHOLE.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

That's absolutely pathetic... I recently spotted some CE version of a 360 game that was unusually cheap. I brought it up and the clerk was like "oh, we knocked a few bucks off that because it's missing it's bonus disc". I didn't even know that was possible within their pricing system

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    You're clearly the reason they're going bankrupt
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He wasn't going to be wrong about it either. Wish I had a camera with me for his face.

Most places I know won't take a CE like the DMC4 tin if it's missing the bonus disc and if they do they take it as disc only and toss the tin.