Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The worst experience you've had at Gamestop?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The worst experience you've had at Gamestop?

Now, I know we've beat the "Gamestop sucks" topic to death, but I thought it would be fun to chronicle the stupidity in a convenient little thread. Inspired by the rampant customer "service" I just experienced.

So, I call the closest Gamestop and asked if they had any copies of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. I was informed that they do. After skimming the shelves and bin to no success, I walk up to the counter to ask. The man standing there was the very definition of skater punk. I ask him anyway, and he basically turns in a circle and says "I dunno." So I ask if he'll check his computer, and after about 10 minutes of watching him fumble with the thing, he finally seems to get it working.

"Dragon Monsters what?"

"Dragon QUEST Monsters: Joker."

"Uh, okay...what's it for?"

"DS."

"What is that?"

"..." And with that, I turned and walked out. Ugggghhhh.

Sadly, I bet a few of you can top that without even trying.
    Last edited by Takion Sun; 31st-May-2011 at 03:58.

Mega Man Legends 3 Fan Project!
    We're back, baby. I'd love if someone could help me read this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The worst I get is Game Informer subscriptions pushing.

It usually works on me.

Thanks
    EP Points

trying to trade in both of the dark alliance games for ps2 I have had some experience making trade ins before so I leave my games in the car go in browse the used ps2 section see they have both and they are selling 1 for 35 and part 2 for 40 for used games so i go to the car and get mine part 1 hasn't been opened and two is in mint condition with book and all so i take their two games and my two to the counter they inform me that they can only give me $3 for both I point out one is still in the box wrapped in plastic he takes the plastic off looks at the game inside and say $3 is still all he can give me
    I say nevermind then he rings up the two gamestop copies I told him I was bringing them up there for price comparison only as I was hoping to get $20 at least he has to call a manager from another store to void the sale manager gets there after 2 hours and I have to explain for ten or more minutes what the problem is before he voids the sale
    needless to say I will never shop at that gamestop again.

i finally sold the games for a decent price though I could of got more if f@c& nuts didn't open part 1
    Last edited by Knightshade; 31st-May-2011 at 01:35.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably the fact that they don't sell retro games, that's why I go to The Gaming Warehouse instead. They sell New and retro games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quality thread. More stories to come later. This one is fresh in my mind though.

About a month ago or so when they were running the buy 2 get 2 I decided to get a full set of Fatal Frames and Res Ev Zero. So I'm going up to buy it, I make my purchase and everything goes well...and then he asks me if I want to pre-order Brink. Brink is so similar to horror games amirite guise? I dislike when they push pre-orders and mag subscriptions at me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never have much trouble. Normally I buy nothing while I wait for my gf next door at the Bath & Body Works. One time I asked if they had an GBA SPs and the guy said "no." I looked through the glass in the counter and saw several...he pulled one out and I asked how much, he said "I don't know." MuthaF***!

Most times the clerk is this one guy who blasts VG music over the counter and we discuss it.

Oh, just remembered. One time I went to a different GS and asked to see the Wiis. This was before I got mine from Craigslist. But when I asked to see the S/N, he had no idea what was going on and almost didn't tell me what it was becuase it seemed so irrelevant. I walked out to make a call and when I went back in I said I would take it, and he said no! I think he asked his co-workerwtf was up with me who must have known I wanted to burn games for it. He actually said "No!" His excuse was that it was a broken console, but that didn't stop his co-worker from saying anything before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Quality thread. More stories to come later. This one is fresh in my mind though.

About a month ago or so when they were running the buy 2 get 2 I decided to get a full set of Fatal Frames and Res Ev Zero. So I'm going up to buy it, I make my purchase and everything goes well...and then he asks me if I want to pre-order Brink. Brink is so similar to horror games amirite guise? I dislike when they push pre-orders and mag subscriptions at me.
    I lol'ed. He could've at least asked if you were interested in the new Silent Hill or summin.
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I never have much trouble. Normally I buy nothing while I wait for my gf next door at the Bath & Body Works. One time I asked if they had an GBA SPs and the guy said "no." I looked through the glass in the counter and saw several...he pulled one out and I asked how much, he said "I don't know." MuthaF***!
    He sounds brain damaged. Like most gamestop employees though tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Oh, just remembered. One time I went to a different GS and asked to see the Wiis. This was before I got mine from Craigslist. But when I asked to see the S/N, he had no idea what was going on and almost didn't tell me what it was becuase it seemed so irrelevant. I walked out to make a call and when I went back in I said I would take it, and he said no! I think he asked his co-workerwtf was up with me who must have known I wanted to burn games for it. He actually said "No!" His excuse was that it was a broken console, but that didn't stop his co-worker from saying anything before.
    Lol.

Oh and I don't pre-order games from Gamestop anymore because I still haven't received a call or anything regarding Mana Khemia 2. After the first week I ordered the special online version anyway, but yeah...it's been what, over a year now since that came out right? Jackasses.

Thanks
    EP Points

did u get ur money back from MK2?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I only put like $5 down so I'm not worried about it. I probably still have the receipt somewhere.

The only time I really even bother going in to gamestop anymore is to buy a game that I'm going to return or exploit a good sale.

Thanks
    EP Points

One time while on a day trip, I bought a used DS Lite while out of town. I had been meaning to buy one for some time, and I figured what the heck since I was going to be riding in the car for a few more hours. I bought my DS and a game and then went on my way. While buying the game, the clerk asked me if I wanted new or used, and when I asked for the price difference he said they didn't have any used ones. When I got home later that evening, I started to charge my DS, and they gave me the wrong charging cable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All games are new at gamestop. Especially the ones in replacement cases w/ no cover art.

Thanks
    EP Points

All games are new at gamestop. Especially the ones in replacement cases w/ no cover art.
    This copy of DQM:Joker I bought, for instance. Man, those things are ugly. I throw them away the instant I get home.

Mega Man Legends 3 Fan Project!
    We're back, baby. I'd love if someone could help me read this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    One time while on a day trip, I bought a used DS Lite while out of town. I had been meaning to buy one for some time, and I figured what the heck since I was going to be riding in the car for a few more hours. I bought my DS and a game and then went on my way. While buying the game, the clerk asked me if I wanted new or used, and when I asked for the price difference he said they didn't have any used ones. When I got home later that evening, I started to charge my DS, and they gave me the wrong charging cable.
    Reminds me of when I got my DSLite, I tell them I want a new black one since no whites were available new. In grand Gamestop fashion, they ask me if I want a different color or a bunch of unrelated crap games. I was polite in telling them no, they kept asking, and then they acted like I was overreacting when I got pissed.

I just love my new replacement cases .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No manual either. SO NEW!