Page 13 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    It's moments like that where I'm glad I stopped buying Magic cards (except for the token cards, I love that art). I couldn't tolerate that crap, even if I was the person playing it. It certainly brings me back when I overheard someone talking about how mana burn and banding was gone and that stuff like that was a good thing. I still miss my "change all your mana into something you can't use and burn yourself" tricks. Not to mention adoring the power of the white weenie and banding like a boss.
    I for one am a fan of combo, its adds a third uncontrollable, albeit less stable element to the game. It's a very good balance and check system between the three archetypes for the most part. It's almost like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors a few exceptions with standing. Not accounting for whoever is piloting the deck of course.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, also not everyone wants to run a fully interactive deck.

I'm reading up on the current Standard meta right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah, also not everyone wants to run a fully interactive deck.

I'm reading up on the current Standard meta right now.
    This describes me, I once took Faeries to a PTQ when it was still standard legal, 10 rounds later, my brain was fucking fried.

From that day on, I just wanted to play auto-pilot decks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Braaaaaaaaains.

Seriously. You have to account for every major deck being played in the format when you run control. Board based on their deck and what you think they will board. It can definitely be painful.

Thanks
    EP Points

Braaaaaaaaains.

Seriously. You have to account for every major deck being played in the format when you run control. Board based on their deck and what you think they will board. It can definitely be painful.
    Yeah, at least when I play combo, I don't really have the option to board much in. Usually just some minor stuff at most.

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm a little off topic but is Magic the same as Wagic for PSP.. Jw.. I played Wagic and its like Yu-Gi-Oh but a little bit diffrent..

If you ask me, there's no happiness to be found in death... no peace either. I'm leaving here alive

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Snake View Post
    Umm a little off topic but is Magic the same as Wagic for PSP.. Jw.. I played Wagic and its like Yu-Gi-Oh but a little bit diffrent..
    I did a light Google search, and if what I found was right, they appear to be the same game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I did a light Google search, and if what I found was right, they appear to be the same game.
    Thanks.. im on a move right away.. but when ill come home .. il give it a try Ohh yeah thanks

If you ask me, there's no happiness to be found in death... no peace either. I'm leaving here alive

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah Wagic is Magic. It's quite good for a homebrew.

Anyway...I built up a deck online and thought...oh hey this is cool. Then I remembered that Bob and Snappy would run me $280+ for a playset. Wankers.

At least Delver of Secrets is only 50 cents!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah Wagic is Magic. It's quite good for a homebrew.

Anyway...I built up a deck online and thought...oh hey this is cool. Then I remembered that Bob and Snappy would run me $280+ for a playset. Wankers.

At least Delver of Secrets is only 50 cents!
    Bob as in Dark Confidant? He's still good (Of course he is.)? Fuck yeah, I still have a play set laying around somewhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Of course, there is only one Bob. Snappy = Snapcaster Mage. He's an og as well in this deck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Of course, there is only one Bob. Snappy = Snapcaster Mage. He's an og as well in this deck.
    Okay, is it just me, or have the power level of most of the colors of Magic gone up consistently since like Ravnica?

I say that because I just checked out Snapcaster Mage, and that would not have been allowed to exist in years passed.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought he was an uncommon, my point still stands though.
    Last edited by TheRealSpiders; 14th-January-2012 at 02:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah he's really good. It feels like the power has been ramping up over the last few blocks. He's so flexible and reliable in that deck it's ridiculous.

I had a pretty epic match vs basically the same deck but white instead of red and black. Shit got real I won 2-1.

Thanks

The standard was for every 1/1, add 1 mana to the cost, followed by an additional mana per ability, depending on the ability. Like flash or trample was worth 1 mana, banding usually wasn't. Snapcaster mage should cost 4-5 mana for what it can do. Of course, most of the original magic players contend that what is happening is that there is a shift of importance going on. Most of the older sets focused on strong spells, weak monsters (in terms of cost per card), while the newer sets are strong monsters, weak spells.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nemo View Post
    The standard was for every 1/1, add 1 mana to the cost, followed by an additional mana per ability, depending on the ability. Like flash or trample was worth 1 mana, banding usually wasn't. Snapcaster mage should cost 4-5 mana for what it can do.
    I did not know this.

Don't get me wrong, the power level of the game's cards going is not necessarily a bad thing, so long as it stays balanced between the five colors and not everyone and there grandmother ends up running blue.

I definitely see the merits of Snapcaster, he's an EOT threat and his ability is icing, but because he's attached to such a small body he's almost negligible... Almost, I wouldn't want to see multiples EOT against me, I wouldn't even want to see 2 for that matter, that would be bad news. That being said I don't think I'd pay 4-5 mana for him.