Thread: EasyCap (ps2 > pc monitor) cont.

Thanks

Default EasyCap (ps2 > pc monitor) cont.

Hi

My thread was closed, probably because it was old and dead. I thought maybe we could continue our little discussion regarding EasyCap

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-Monitor/page2

The video quality from what I've seen on YouTube looks very good, 9/10 in my opinion. There was some discussion about the audio though, very bad quality with some minor distortion apparently?

If i remember correctly, Myst? you said you didn't have any sound issues? Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem or driver/software related? or maybe you just need to luck out on your EasyCap purchase?

I'm looking to grab one this week since i just purchased 2 new monitors <3

edit: I don't care much about recording issues, just general gameplay... sound issues would be pretty frustrating while trying to enjoy a lengthy game.
    Last edited by Rekuja; 25th-May-2011 at 23:49.

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use one, and the sound isn't that bad as long as you turn the input level down to 1. Out of 100. Otherwise, holy shit loud and fuzzy and frustrating.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wouldn't routing the left and right audio through stereo be a better option? Its coming out of your compy's speakers anyhow, so why not skip this device all together?

Maybe I am missing the point of this little toy all-together but, I own a rca-video to s-video converter. You can get these for nothing more than pennies on the dollar.
    Also, this looks damn cheap too:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Wouldn't routing the left and right audio through stereo be a better option? Its coming out of your compy's speakers anyhow, so why not skip this device all together?

Maybe I am missing the point of this little toy all-together but, I own a rca-video to s-video converter. You can get these for nothing more than pennies on the dollar.
    Also, this looks damn cheap too:
    EasyCAP is a capture device. For what Rekuja wants to do, yours would be easier -- and probably better quality. For recording -- like, say, LPs -- I'm not sure if yours would work.

Thanks

I would have to unplug my speakers from my computer every time i wanted to jam on the PlayStation though, which would become pretty annoying eh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    EasyCAP is a capture device. For what Rekuja wants to do, yours would be easier -- and probably better quality. For recording -- like, say, LPs -- I'm not sure if yours would work.
    Oh, recording, ok. No, my method would not work for recording.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Oh, recording, ok. No, my method would not work for recording.
    That's the EasyCAP's primary use. However, what he is looking for is to use his monitor as the screen for a game console. No recording or anything will be done, so in that case, I think yours would have better quality by far.

Thanks

hmm, the monitors i'm getting have a slot for speakers (audio in) but i won't be using that for my computer because let's face it, my Logitech speakers would be 100x better than monitor speakers lol. That being said, i might use this adapter i have that can hold the red/white wires of the ps2 and then go directly into the monitor..

so i would use that VGA jazz mentioned to go from ps2 > monitor then my adapter to go from ps2 audio wires > monitor

yeah? so my monitors speakers would be used for my ps2 and my logitech speakers for my PC?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    hmm, the monitors i'm getting have a slot for speakers (audio in) but i won't be using that for my computer because let's face it, my Logitech speakers would be 100x better than monitor speakers lol. That being said, i might use this adapter i have that can hold the red/white wires of the ps2 and then go directly into the monitor..

so i would use that VGA jazz mentioned to go from ps2 > monitor then my adapter to go from ps2 audio wires > monitor

yeah? so my monitors speakers would be used for my ps2 and my logitech speakers for my PC?
    Yes, and it will only save you money if you don't already have that easycap gadget.

Thanks

cheers, might purchase one now (only $4 lol) hopefully i get it all setup and running 100%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    cheers, might purchase one now (only $4 lol) hopefully i get it all setup and running 100%
    If my Television weren't larger than my compy's screen, I would do the same. I hook my laptop up to the TV a lot though.