Thread: Ps1 games

Chimpeh Guest

Default Ps1 games

Could someone please tell me how I rip games from a Ps1 cd onto ISO? What programs do I need?

I have a CD Rewriter drive so I'm ok for that, but if someone could give me a small tutorial then please tell me!

Also, do I need a chiped Ps1 if i want to play it on my Ps1 or will it work on a normal one?

Lol, lastly, if I dont need to chip my Ps1 then can I do the same with Ps2 games? Rip them, burn them, play them, etc.

Thanks

Sol ZX Guest

Use CDRWin or CloneCD in order to rip PS1 games. You need a modchip to play CD-Rs(CD-RW don't work) on both PS1 and PS2.

Chimpeh Guest

I can play them on the PC though can't I? The Ps1 ones anyway.

Sol ZX Guest

Yes you can play them on any PSX emulator.

Chimpeh Guest

Thanks

Thanks

I have Nero and Win ISo....I can rip with this programs on a descent working ISO?
    [ AzarieL ]

JadeSaber Guest

woah woah woah....
    If you have a CD-RW, why can't you just put a blank CD-R in it and burn it? I thought the difference was only they type of CD used and not the hardware...

Ultimus_Magus Guest

What is CD-RW good for, anyway? I only use CD-R, but I'm curious about it. Besides the obvious data storage, can't it be used to burn games and music, or does its rewritable format not allow for that?

JadeSaber Guest

I think of RW as a sort of really big floppy disc.
    You can put lots of stuff on it, but you can only read it if you put it in the CD-RW drive. Then you can erase it and put more stuff on it.
    One good use for this is trading ROMs with your friends. Instead of just burning a CD-R permanently, you can burn them to CD-RW, let your friend borrow it, then erase it and send it back to you with totally new ROMs.
    Of course, your friend has to have a CD burner. I think it has to do with what the CD-RW disc is made of. Something that allows the laser to burn in layers over old data or something. If you notice, CD-RW discs are usually greyish in color as opposed to the green, blue, and silverish colors of CD-R.

SomeUserGuy Guest

and just like floppy disks, you can get read errors from cd-rw disks.

cobra2550 Guest

yeah CDRW sucks

JadeSaber Guest

Then if you want to keep something forever, use CD-R. No big deal.
    The question was what is CD-RW good for. I only suggested one good idea that I have used myself. Saves $$$ and copies of copies of copies of the same thing sometimes.
    But if you have a CD burner, what the heck are you griping about? You should be able to use either, so if you don't like it, you don't HAVE to use it.