Thread: ZSNES Controls not working

Thanks

Default ZSNES Controls not working

This is only happening with zsnes, whether I use the gamepad or the keyboard. The problem is that the controls seem to work at random, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, although I doubt it has anything to do with my hardware, but I'll tell you just in case (this is my first post here)

CPU: AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor
    Graphics Card: AMD M880G ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    RAM: 4 GB (3.74 Usable)
    64-Bit Operating system
    Windows 7

Version: Zsnes V1.51

The controls seem to be enabling and disabling at random, at first I thought the connection with the gamepad was poor, but then I realised the same problem was with the keyboard (yes, I did configure the controls).

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

New one on me... but if it was me

I would make sure my PAD drivers are as much up to date as possible

Try running Zsnes from a new download & new folder (i.e. don't copy the setting over with it) [your roms needn't be moves as you can point Zsnes to the correct folder in the emu]

P.S. what are you using for a control pad??

Actually used to have issues with a PAD but that was a PSX to USB convertor I used but that was the drivers at the time & had little to do with the emulators I was using it with

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have no experience with Zsnes, but if you can't resolve the problem with the controls for that emulator I highly recommend using snes9x to emulate super nintendo. I have used it for a long time now and have never had any problems with either controls or graphics/sound. In any case, best of luck!
    "The answer to 1984 is 1776"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@Zorlon, im using a psx style usb controller, but it works just fine on dolphin, project64 and epsxe, plus I get the same problem if I just use the keyboard on my laptop to play the games, @Turk, yeah I think it would be more simple to just switch to another emulator, I'll give snes9x a try, thanks guys!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Both zSnes and snes9x are worth having compat between the 2 is just about 100% individual there about 90+% each but under 100% so a few don't work in one but do in the other and vice versa, then again if you never play the games that have issues in either then either will do.

I would of been testing the emu in a fresh folder/settings.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR