Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any recurring themes in your dreams?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Do you have any recurring themes in your dreams?

I have several themes.

1 First person - home
    2 First person - road
    3 First person - school
    4 First person - store
    5 third person - awesomeness
    6 Alternate

First person - home
    This is what it means. i'm typically at my house living my life. I typically die in these dream. My house is quite accurate too, but the surroundings are not. for example, in my dream, i was looking outside of my house through a window at a power plant. then i heard something, like wind. then i see a plane fly into the powerplant, blowing it up and then killing me. most of the time i died from natural disasters, like lighting, tilde waves, and tornadoes.
    90% death rate

First person - road
    This is where i am driving on the road, and become lost or something, and i am trying to get to my destination. the roads are wacky, but the dream involves panic of some sort. I also seem to die in these dreams too. typically, i drive off a bridge or something and then fall to my death or i get to where i am going.
    45% death rate

First person - school
    My school falls into 2 different categories, highschool & college.

highschool
    the plot is, i have to go back to school for a week, and yes, thats 90% of the time, that is why i am going to back to highschool. anyway, the layout varies, but i do remember alot of people whom i have attended class with. Most of the time, i get killed by a demon at my school. the other story is, i'm in a panic to find my classes and to get good grades.
    75% death rate

College
    This is where i am going to college. for the most part, my mind can not recreate my college, so it looks nothing like the real one. anyway, the theme generally is panic, of getting to my classes, like for some reason, they are always doing construction work. so i would need to get to the 2nd floor, but they are building the stairs and there are no elevators or anything. I don't believe i die too much in this theme

4 First person - store
    No idea why i dream about the store & it always seem to take place at a meijer store. these dreams are a bit odd. typically something happens to the store, so panic again, like the store turning side ways or i bought something i shouldn't have because i spent too much money or a bomb is going off so i can't leave the store. i don't think i have died it the store though, but came close.
    Spoiler warning:
    In my last dream, i was in a store, hitting on a chick, amazingly she went to high school with me, but it was a very small moment, she asked me to open her can of pop, anyway we were talking by the gumball machines and she said we should leave, i said why and then she looked out the window. a man wearing a mask was loading up a gun. we walked out and he walked in

third person - awesomeness
    I wish i had more of these dreams. They are awesome, because its not me and in 3rd person. Typically, its a tv show. the most common tv i dream about is Scrubs. my mind even plays the intro and sometimes even the credits and then i wake up. other shows i dream about are Naruto, which i don't know why. its not as perfect as the Scrubs dreams, since a few things are out of place, and then One Piece, which only incorporates the characters. Most of the time i dream about Scrubs if i have a 3rd person dream.

Alternate
    These are in 1st person, but they are alternate versions of dreams i have already had, which is cool. for example, one my road dreams, i was trying to get home so i took a cab, i was trying to get home, because asteroids were falling from the sky. the cabby asked which way to go and i said left. when we where crossing the bridge an asteroid hit the bridge and i fell to my death. in the alternate version i said right and survived. another one was when i was at high school, i opened up my locker and a demon jumped out and killed me. (the grudge looking demon). however, in an alternate version, my subconscious said, don't open it, a demon will kill you, remember? so i didn't open it and i lived.

anyway, do you have any recurring themes in your dreams?

TL;DR
    I die in most of my dreams

Thanks
    EP Points

Great thread, and a great question. The most prevalent one for me, (and my Father has apparently suffered the same affliction from what he has said about it,) is the infinitely repeating High School dream in which the rationale always is the same realization that: "Oh yeah, there was that one class I never finished; that's why they made me come back here ten years later and if I could just find that class room-where the hell are my books?!"

I know what you mean about the third person dreams. I don't have them as much anymore but I used to have a lot of dreams that were like watching a movie or television show when I was younger.

Another thing is that after my parents divorced when I was 9, I did a lot of traveling between Wisconsin and California, (where my Mother lived,) and my dreams in turn reflected that by creating a bus line that gets me between the two states in half an hour; maybe because in RL I always found the plane flights to be long and boring.

Sorry you have so many death dreams man. I have no idea what that means. I had more nightmares when I was overeating and trying to gain muscle mass through some unfocused weight training bouts that served for the most part only to make me more high strung and take myself too seriously. But the nightmares were similar to what you mentioned: zombies, demons, planes blowing up in mid air; disturbing elements of that nature.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

In my dreams I always relive moments of my life and almost always they turn out better. Also, for some bizarre reason, I'm also always Spider-Man in them. It's ridiculous.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My dreams usually act out some sort of bizarro world where things during the day happened, but with people who aren't supposed to be there and with confounding questions. Probably nine times out of ten (whenever I remember my them), those are my dreams.

Thanks

I don't really have any themes. But every once in a while I will dream about sex. Good dreams are good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    In my dreams I always relive moments of my life and almost always they turn out better. Also, for some bizarre reason, I'm also always Spider-Man in them. It's ridiculous.
    I've dreamt I was Spider-Man a number of times myself.. It's actually kind of kick-ass.

Thanks

I don't have them anymore, but during basic training I'd have dreams where I was missing formation then I'd jump out of bed and stand at attention. This was all very impossible since first formation was 5 ft from my bed and everyone would have been up and yelling before hand but it kept happening. I didn't get a lot of sleep then lol.

I can't think of any recurring dreams I've had recently tho.

Thanks

I can only dream in third person, and most of the time it is in a movie format. .o.
    ಠ_ರೃ

Thanks

My recurring theme is I have no dreams.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toudeleski View Post
    My recurring theme is I have no dreams.
    Are you serious? Dude you should be afraid, that means that a Drowzee is eating your dreams!

Thanks

My dreams tend to be in first person perspective, but occasionally I'll see my self from a third person perspective. The only two recurring themes I can really think of are the standard falling dreams and the being chased dreams. The being chased dreams always end up with whatever is chasing me inevitably catching me, and sometimes I'll even randomly pull out a gun and shoot myself or jump off a cliff or something instead of being caught. Kind of fucked up actually.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Only have 2 recurring themes, one extremely good and on extremely bad...

Good one: I XXX with a harem of cute Loli's (sadly happens not often enough)

Bad one: I usually get killed in an atrocious way (like ripped to pieces, burned alive, eaten by wild animals, etc)... then wake up, just to find myself being atrociously killed again, and this goes on for quite some time, dozens of times.
    And usually end with me, in a demon-like appearence, being chained to a throne and impaled by swords in some sort of ruin, surrounded by hundreds of corpses. (happens quite regularly)

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

I had to get up at 7am for a final exam the other day, which is like hours and hours earlier than I ever get up. In fact I probably haven't been up that early in years. I was so afraid I was going to sleep through my final that all night the night before I was dreaming that I had woke up and realized that I had slept through my final and then I would startle myself awake for real. It happened like 6 times throughout the night.

I had another recurring dream for awhile too but it's kind of a downer so I'm going to omit that one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Something werewolf related, sometimes, I am a werewolf, get turned into one, or get killed by one.

Thanks

To be honest, there's only one semi-recurring dream I've had.

As a kid I lived in a VERY large apartment complex. And sometimes I would get lost in it when I was outside playing with friends or whatever. In my dreams, sometimes I'll be roaming around, sometimes in a group, and all of a sudden random people would stop and stare at me. I'd stare back and they'd fuckin CHASE me. And when I say that, I mean it. I'd feel like I'd ran for months and those motherfuckers would still be after me. But they were always randomized. Sometimes it would be tv characters like the Power Rangers, or The Smurfs (yeah, I know) or people I saw in the complex. I would always run extremely slow too. Sometimes they caught me and I woke up, sometimes I managed to get away.

I also had one dream back in 3rd grade where I was Spider-Man. I was at school and it was recess time. I said, "Guys I can do cool tricks!" This fat kid named De'Angelo was like, "Prove it, Travis! If you can't, I'm kicking your ass!" (For the record, we all cussed. Don't ask me why, we just did.) So I spun a web and swung around the whole school like 6 or 7 times. When I came back, I started beating up everybody that I wasn't friends in a 70's Batman style. Meaning, when I punched them, there would be onomatopoeia like, "Bang!" and "Pow!" behind the hit.

Fun times are fun...
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum