Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Master Chef - Share Your Recipes, Cooking Tips or General Cooking Know-How Here!!

Thanks

Individual Cheesecake Cups. If you love cheesecake like crazy (which I do ), then you'll like these.

Topping
    1 ½ cups dairy sour cream
    ¼ cup sugar
    1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
    Crust
    1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Yellow or Devil's Food Cake Mix
    ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
    Cheese Filling
    2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
    3 eggs
    ¾ cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350. Place 2 ½- inch paper or foil liners in 24 muffin cups.
    2. For crust, combine dry cake mix and melted butter in large bowl. Beat at slow speed with electric mixer for 1 minute (mixture will be crumbly). Divide mixture evenly in muffin cups. Level but do not press.
    3. For filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, ¾ cup sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until mixture is set.
    4. For topping, combine sour cream and ¼ cup sugar in small bowl. Spoon evenly over cheesecakes. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool, garnish each cheesecake with cherry pie filling, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Thanks

Toasted S'mores Snowballs. I found this recipe in the back of a folder my mother has, and I was wondering why SHE NEVER MADE THIS. But oh well.

12 Graham cracker squares
    12 small scoops chocolate fudge or rocky road icecream (about 1½ cups)
    1 7.2-oz. Package of fluffy white frosting mix (Marshmallow cream might be good too, but that might not work structurally.)

1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Arrange cracker squares on waxed paper. Use small scoop to place a mound of ice cream on each cracker square. Cover and freeze.
    2. Prepare frosting mix according to package directions. Place frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip (¼ inch). Pipe frosting over each frozen ice cream mound to cover. Or use a spoon to spread frosting over each mound, spreading to cover. Freeze at least 1 hour (cover loosely after frosting is firm).
    3. Preheat oven to 500. Transfer squares to a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until frosting is golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.

This is the picture that was on the article. Yummeh.

80298917.jpg
    Last edited by Littledood; 21st-November-2011 at 21:15.

Thanks

Lemon Thyme Chicken. This is really good over rice, even just the onions and the juice stuff tastes great over it.

3 tbsp flour
    ½ tsp salt
    ¼ tsp pepper
    4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts halves
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 medium onion
    1 tbsp butter
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    ½ tsp thyme
    2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper and shake to mix. Add the chicken and shake to coat lightly. Remove the chicken and reserve the excess seasoned flour.
    2. In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, turn the chicken and brown well on the second side, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
    3. Coarsely chop the onion. Add the butter to the skillet. When the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
    4. Stir in the reserved seasoned flour and cook, stirring, until the flour is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
    5. Add the broth, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and the thyme and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
    6. Return the chicken to the skillet, reduce the heat to a medium-low and cover the skillet. Cook until the chicken is tender and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
    7. Divide the chicken among 4 plates. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice into the sauce in the skillet and pour over the chicken. Server the chicken with a sprinkling of parsley, if desired.

Thanks

And that's about it for now. Just to let everyone know, these are adjusted to high altitude because of where I live, so you might have to make some tweaks here and there.

Also the oven temperatures are fahrenheit, so you may need to adjust that too.

Thanks for opening the thread up again Cookie!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I need cookies.. re-opened on request.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you Cookie.
    I'll find a recipe somewhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So Nem you got your way huh?

Spoiler warning:
    for once

Thanks
    EP Points

i don't think anyone cooked my recipe lol

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. These recipes sound so good. I have a simple way to make Marble cake.
    1 box yellow cake mix
    2-3 tlbsp cocoa mix
    Mix cake as per directions. Then dip out a 1/2 cup of batter. Put in separate bowl and mix in cocoa mix til blended. Should turn batter brown. Pour original batter into pan, then spoon chocolate mixture over it. Take toothpick and swirl it around. Bake according to directions. Voila.

Thanks
    EP Points

Penne with Italian sausage.
    2-3 packages Italian sausage
    2 boxes of Penne
    3 peppers
    3 onions
    teaspoon of minced garlic
    2 jars spaghetti sauce
    tablespoon olive oil.
    Heat oil in pan and add minced garlic. Break up the sausage and brown in pan. Cut veggies in strips and add to pan. Saute meat and veggies til tender. Heat water to boiling in another pot. Cook pasta for 5 mins or until al dente. When veggies are tender add pasta sauce and heat through. Pour heated sauce in bowl and add pasta to mix it up. If they don't mix well, add 1/4 cup of pasta water to help.