Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Master Chef - Share Your Recipes, Cooking Tips or General Cooking Know-How Here!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok, well, I've wanted to post in this thread for a while and here it is.

My recipe for breakfast pizza. It's very easy, and cheap to make. You'll need...

2x cans of Pilsbury(or generic equivalent) crescent rolls.
    6 eggs
    1 lbs. sausage (or bacon, hamburger, ham, steak, etc...)
    1 bag of frozen O'brien hash browns
    1 pyrex/metal 4.8 quart baking dish.

-Cook the hash browns and sausage off and throw it in a bowl.
    -Open the two cans of crescent dough.
    -Spread dough evenly on the bottom of the baking dish. Lining it with dough evenly to the top edge of the dish.
    -Take your cooked off hashbrowns and sausage and spread it evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
    -Scramble 6 eggs and pour them slowly and evenly over the hashbrown/sausage "filling" you just put in
    -Now take a spoon and press the "extra" crescent roll dough down to the top of the filling. All the way around the dish. This will help it puff up and form a crust.
    -Preheat your oven to 350F
    -Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
    -You will know it's done when you poke it with a toothpick or knife and there's no liquid egg left behind.
    -Cut into pieces and enjoy!

Serves about 4-6 people.

I will gladly add pictures the next time I make this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Trying some Chicken a la king. Got red and green peppers and peas and some cream of mushroom. Got some very nice chicken cooking up. Crosses fingers.

A mish mash of recipes found on the net.

Oh and french bread

Thanks
    EP Points

Portal cake recipe.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

If you're really feeling lazy, a mix of sweet chilli sauce and lime or lemon juice (about 2/3rds chilli, 1/3rd juice) makes a surprisingly nice sauce for fish or chicken. Just mix the two bits together, bung em in the pan to for a few seconds tp heat through and soak up the meat juice then pour over the meat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    If you're really feeling lazy, a mix of sweet chilli sauce and lime or lemon juice (about 2/3rds chilli, 1/3rd juice) makes a surprisingly nice sauce for fish or chicken. Just mix the two bits together, bung em in the pan to for a few seconds tp heat through and soak up the meat juice then pour over the meat.
    That... actually sounds really, really good.
    I'll have to try this. Chicken has been getting boring for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

some of these seem and sound really nice, my grandad makes a really good carrot cake, ima have to see if i can steal his famous meatloaf recipe aswell, ive cooked it with him once before, but i cant remember for the life of me how to do it, when i speak to him next ill be sure to get them
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Alright, so I actually made this the other day. I can't really find the recipe online, though, and I'm terrible at explaining cooking-related shit in English. So I won't go into details and stuff. It's basically just semi-thin slices of pork (you don't really need to add any spices to the meat other than the basic salt + pepper) with shitloads of cabbage above it and potatoes below it, in layers. Also, some small bits of sausages. The whole thing is covered in... uh, this cream-like thing that I don't know how to say in English. Dictionary says "devonshire cream/clotted cream". Whatever that is. This stuff. Anyway, you cover the whole thing in this cream, put a few slices of eggs on top along with a few pinches of red pepper (powder) and parsley. The cabbage itself will make it all juicy/moist and super filling. Good stuff.

Confusing, right? Told you I'm terrible at this. So um, here are the pictures I took!

It might look kinda ugly, but it sure is delicious. I don't really care about making my food look fancy as long as it tastes good. And trust me, it does.

Spoiler warning:

i think its soured cream your on about
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude, DOOOOD... I NEVER EXPECTED TO FIND THIS KIND OF TOPIC IN A GAME FORUM!!

Ok, I don't have my recipes RIGHT NOW... But I'll get 3 awesome BRAZILIAN recipes - one salty and two sweets - IF I get something in return; Say, I allways wondered how the heck those cookies with chocolate bits were done...

Any tasty quickie is good, but something that is a bit harder to do, and would last maybe 2 days is also ok. Just spread some kitchen love and you'll be glad you did :3

Sanji sez: Good food is always the weak point of people!

Zoro: ... Can't disagree with the eyebrow cook.

Sanji: Eh, did I hear something, Mosshead?

Zoro: SHADAP, IMMA TRAINING!

Thanks

Exclamation The Most Complicated Meal I Can Make

Really cool thread, its cool to find people - especially guys kick themselves around trying to make something delicious.
    I'm no chef nor any type of cook, I can only make supersimple stuff and semicomplicated are the farthest I went.

But the recipe I'll try to put here is a meal that I learned how to make watching my mom doing it. It's probably one of my favorite high-cholesterole meals, coz it really gets you full and you can probably make it a 2-day breakfast or so.

Since it does not require any kind of frying or special cooking it's really simple and a bit time consuming ( cca 30 minutes) but worth the waiting, and at the end you feel you really accomplished something.

And I never really thought I would write a recipe on any forum

I simply call it :

~ The Egg Salad ~

Literal translation from my language, but it's more than that. ˘˘

Ok here goes, so give me your opinion at the end.

Spoiler warning:

Ingredients:

• 3-4 Eggs ( More like 2 person salad with more than 3 eggs)
    • Feta Cheese (Link: Feta ) - Just a cube or two - it's usually sliced in 6x cubes per pack.
      -substitute with other similar cheese or just skip if you don't have, but just adds the flavor. - saying this coz it's common here, easy to buy and accessible.
    • Pickles: 4-5 will do - of these, you'll cut 'em later(full pickle )
    • Salami - 4 - 5 slices will do. Chicken or any similar bird will do, works best for me. Not putting ham in, nor beef or so, just plain Salami (not smoked).
    • Mayonese - just have the jar real close you'll use it later.
    • Oil - keep the bottle close too.

Please bare with me as I added small descriptions next to each ingredient, since many of you aren't from EU nor Balkan so our food differs allot. If anyone comes from around will recognize everything quickly.

Method:

First we are going to cook/bake the eggs, you know like for Easter. Forgive my poor cooking vocab.
    Put the eggs in the hot water, put some salt in it and put the pot on the stove or gas cooker.

After water boils give it good 7-9 minutes cook. After that take the pot off, substitute the hot water with cold one and let them cool out.

-While eggs cook, cca 15 min total, you can prepare other ingredients.
    All the mentioned ones will be sliced into small chunks so it can mix up with everything else.

-Feta, salami and pickles goes into small slices and cubes and seperate them on a cutting board.

-That should take you about 10 minutes to slice up and leave there while eggs cool off. After you peel off the eggs, take the egg cutter ( Egg Cutter ) and slice the eggs. If you don't have the cutter, just knive them.

-We're going to mix the salad in a regular bowl, similar to a cereal one, as you find it fitting. Choose your size depending on the amount of food you will put in.

After everything is ready, just start layering stuff, and by that I mean:

-Put eggs, PUT some oil, put FETA/ SALAMI / PICKLES in any order and between each new ingredient you put in spill some oil, not to much, depending on your preferences. After everything is in there, take the fork and start mixing just give it a good bash and mix so everything is cohesive, eggs and oil should do their part and you'll just see bunch of food in there. At the end, put a spoon or two of mayo at the top and give it a good minute-two mix and mayo will put it together real good.

And your SALAD is ready!

My advice:

All the stuff I usually put in the salad are kept in the fridge so they're cool, except the oil of course and cooked eggs. So in the end SALAD should have real chill taste and you'll be ovewhelmed by the taste.

I'll put a pic once I make it and picture it ^^

Please comment and I hope I'll do some of the stuff from here in my kitchen soon.

Bon Apetite'!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Alright, so I actually made this the other day. I can't really find the recipe online, though, and I'm terrible at explaining cooking-related shit in English. So I won't go into details and stuff. It's basically just semi-thin slices of pork (you don't really need to add any spices to the meat other than the basic salt + pepper) with shitloads of cabbage above it and potatoes below it, in layers. Also, some small bits of sausages. The whole thing is covered in... uh, this cream-like thing that I don't know how to say in English. Dictionary says "devonshire cream/clotted cream". Whatever that is. This stuff. Anyway, you cover the whole thing in this cream, put a few slices of eggs on top along with a few pinches of red pepper (powder) and parsley. The cabbage itself will make it all juicy/moist and super filling. Good stuff.

Confusing, right? Told you I'm terrible at this. So um, here are the pictures I took!

It might look kinda ugly, but it sure is delicious. I don't really care about making my food look fancy as long as it tastes good. And trust me, it does.

Spoiler warning:

I think your food looks fine, Ive seen alot worse.... honest I find a bag of instant noodles, fried egg and fried onions quite nice

Thanks

I know this is off topic but check out this cake180488792_full.jpg everything including the beers, ice and planks is eatable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm no gourmet, but I do know one great recipe that's been in my family.

Ice Box Pudding

- 3/4 of a box of Vanilla Waffers
    - 2 blocks of Creme Cheese
    - 1 carton of Whipping Creme
    - Walnuts
    - One 12.oz can of Pineapples

1. Take out Creme Cheese blocks from fridge and let them warm up while doing step two
    2. Smash or cut up the Vanilla Waffers. I suggest a good food processor.
    3. Put the pineapple and creme cheese in a bowl and smash them repeatedly until well blended together.
    4. Make the whipping creme with a light amount of sugar until thick.
    5. Make a small layer at the bottom of a large bowl with the Vanilla Waffer crumbles.
    6. Put some of the pineapple-creme cheese mixture on top of that.
    7. Sprinkle on some walnuts, not too much.
    8. Add whipped creme as the next layer.
    9. Repeat steps 5-8 again in order.
    10. Have some of the vanilla waffer crumbles left over. Put what's left of them on top.
    11. Put in the fridge for a few hours.

You now have a great holiday desert that's very filling and filled with different flavors.

Thanks

This is my Grandmother's zucchini bread recipe, and it is awesome.

Makes 2 large loaves. Temp: 350. Bake Time: 1 hour, but you might want to check it in 50 minutes. Flour and grease pans. (Or just use Pam )

Ingredients

- 3 eggs
    - 2 cups of sugar
    - 1 cup of oil ( I use vegetable oil.)
    - 3 teaspoons of vanilla
    - 3 cups of flour
    - 1 teaspoon of baking soda
    - 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
    - 1 teaspoon of salt
    - 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
    - 3 cups of raw zucchini, grated
    - 1 cup of nuts (optional)

Baking

- Mix the eggs and the sugar together
    - Add the oil and the vanilla to the egg and sugar.
    - Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
    - Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
    - Mix all of that together till most everything is wet.
    - Add the zucchini and nuts, and mix it all together.
    - Put in the oven.
    - And when it's done: OM NOM NOM NOM.

Enjoy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Heavy Metal Hotburger

Ingredients:
    Ground Beef
    BBQ Sauce
    Hot Sauce/Buffalo Sauce
    Onions
    Bacon
    Cheese (American and Pepperjack)
    Jalapenos

How to make.

1. First mix the BBQ Sauce, and Hot Sauce together in a bowl, if you want to add a little bit of juices from the Jalapenos, then go ahead. Also throw in just a little bit of Jack Daniels whiskey. While doing that, cook the bacon until it is crispy, not burnt, but crispy

2. Make some ground beef patties, and put them on the BBQ. Take a little bit of the homemade BBQ hot sauce, and just wipe it on the burgers. Gives it a nice hot flavor.

3. Take your hamburger bun, and put it on the BBQ, just so it gets a little toasty.

4. To dress the burger, take the bottom bun, and put a little bit of the homemade sauce on it, then burger pattie #1, then a slice of Pepperjack cheese, onions, a little more homemade sauce.

5. Then take burger pattie #2, and put that on top, put a slice of American cheese on that, a few jalapenos, and bacon on the top of that, then put some more of that homemade BBQ sauce on top of that.

That is what I call the "Heavy Metal Hotburger" It does have a big kick to it, so make sure you have something to drink with it. I use a honey flavored BBQ sauce, and it does give a sweet taste to it as well. Enjoy!

Thanks

Cooking tip(and yes it works)-
    When making boiled eggs this can be done - Put the egg(s) in the pot with water. When the water starts to boil hard, turn the burner off and let it set on the burner for 10-15 minutes. Egg will be cooked through without have to continuously boil the water.

When I first heard about this I was skeptical until I tried it with a single egg. Sure enough it worked.