Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Master Chef - Share Your Recipes, Cooking Tips or General Cooking Know-How Here!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Master Chef - Share Your Recipes, Cooking Tips or General Cooking Know-How Here!!

Pretty much what the title says.

This is the quintessential cooking thread. If there is anything that you want to discuss about cooking -- share one of your favourite recipes, talk about different cooking tips, post a picture of what you just had for dinner tonight, this is where to do it.

Bon appetit?

Thanks
    EP Points

Sweet. Thanks Drag!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Now make me some GODDAMN COOKIES!

I'll post a couple of my favourite recipes later.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I always love giving a classy touch to a meal.

So, when I have the time, I'll make this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Solid thread, I'll post some recipes when I find where I stuck them .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't wait to se what you guys cook, maybe I'll post my dad's spaghetti sauce recipe. Next time i watch him make it that is.
    He likes inventing his dishes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay. I guess I'll start everything.

This is one of my favourite chicken recipes. It's easy to make (although a bit time consuming) and doesn't require a lot of ingredients, so it's great for people who are on a budget but want to eat something that actually has a great taste to it.

I don't know what the actual recipe is called. My parents always called it "Japanese style chicken." Which... doesn't really tell you anything.
    This recipe works with pretty much any cut of chicken, but the fattier cuts (ex., thighs) will require draining the sauce a couple of times. Leaner cuts, such as breasts, don't need to be drained, although I usually do anyways. The recipe as I have it written is for chicken wings, so that I'm not going to be bother changing that.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    The end result?

Spoiler warning:

Last edited by Drageuth; 19th-May-2011 at 04:00.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Nice idea for a thread Drag, il be sure to post a recipe once I think of something, (im more of a cook than a chef )

Edit: GOT SOMETHING

This is one of my favorite foods, Loaded potato and bacon soup/Chowder, I always got it at ihop and i think this is how its made,

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/loaded-...-i/Detail.aspx

except, the soup I like uses Real chopped small cubed bacon, not bacon bits.
    Last edited by Supreme Warrior; 19th-May-2011 at 04:36.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Okay. I guess I'll start everything.

This is one of my favourite chicken recipes. It's easy to make (although a bit time consuming) and doesn't require a lot of ingredients, so it's great for people who are on a budget but want to eat something that actually has a great taste to it.

I don't know what the actual recipe is called. My parents always called it "Japanese style chicken." Which... doesn't really tell you anything.
    This recipe works with pretty much any cut of chicken, but the fattier cuts (ex., thighs) will require draining the sauce a couple of times. Leaner cuts, such as breasts, don't need to be drained, although I usually do anyways. The recipe as I have it written is for chicken wings, so that I'm not going to be bother changing that.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    The end result?

Spoiler warning:

I might just try that this weekend. Looks really good.
    I'm gonna find/post my lasagna recipe tomorrow.

Thanks
    EP Points

"You must spread some reputation before giving it to..."
    Oh well, about time this thread was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Finally the whole recipe.

Now, time for my own contribution, since it will take some time to write the whole recipe I have in my recipe notepad, copy/paste, and using Drageuth's method of posting them.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Result:
    Spoiler warning:

Source.

Try it.

Next recipe will be a shrimp one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, so I actually made this the other day. I can't really find the recipe online, though, and I'm terrible at explaining cooking-related shit in English. So I won't go into details and stuff. It's basically just semi-thin slices of pork (you don't really need to add any spices to the meat other than the basic salt + pepper) with shitloads of cabbage above it and potatoes below it, in layers. Also, some small bits of sausages. The whole thing is covered in... uh, this cream-like thing that I don't know how to say in English. Dictionary says "devonshire cream/clotted cream". Whatever that is. This stuff. Anyway, you cover the whole thing in this cream, put a few slices of eggs on top along with a few pinches of red pepper (powder) and parsley. The cabbage itself will make it all juicy/moist and super filling. Good stuff.

Confusing, right? Told you I'm terrible at this. So um, here are the pictures I took!

It might look kinda ugly, but it sure is delicious. I don't really care about making my food look fancy as long as it tastes good. And trust me, it does.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Ok, so here's my Lasagna recipe, as promised. It's not like a gourmet recipe or anything. Just a simple lasagna. I like to think its pretty good though.
    Probably the best thing I make. Also its super easy to make your own recipe out of it. A lot of things can be substituted with personal preference.
    Here goes:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Finished product looks like this:

sorry. I don't know how to do the "spoilers" thing or I would have. If someone wants to tell me, I will.

Enjoy it. It's not that hard, it tastes great, and it'll feed you for a damn week.
    Last edited by plasticandrage; 19th-May-2011 at 19:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't remember my dad's spaghetti sauce recipe, so I have to wait until he makes it again. He makes it from scratch and it is DELICIOUS!
    So I'll just give my egg sandwich recipe. No pics though cuz I don't have a camera.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. That was a mouthful.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you don't like sardines at all, you can skip over my contribution:

Spoiler warning:
    I once made a homemade pizza with salsa, cheddar cheese, and sardines. Those three ingredients combined into an amazing flavor: the acid in the salsa cut the oil of the fish and the cheese brought it all together, creating a very nice taste....

I tried to make it again years later in a quesadilla but the ratio was off. If you want to try this, I recommend not using more than half a can of sardines; too many of them overpower everything else.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I love chicken Parmesan. I love it OH SO MUCH.
    This is a slightly modified recipe that I got from... somewhere. Can't really remember where. The original recipe, like most chicken Parmesan recipes, calls for some form of pasta sauce/tomato sauce over the chicken, with melted mozzarella on top of that, but I pulled up this recipe for a date and didn't want to make a fuckhuge mess in the kitchen while I was cooking, so I decided to forgo that. Therefore, it's not in my recipe.

This recipe is for two, but the ingredients are pretty straightforward. Just double or triple the ingredients for however many you need.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Recommended side dishes: bacon wrapped asparagus and a Greek salad. I don't have any pictures to accompany this one -- sorry!