Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a review on my rom site

select100 Guest

Default Need a review on my rom site

I am just starting my new rom site and it would be nice if you guys could give me your opinion on the layout, not the content cause i haven't done that yet... thanx!

http://finalimpression.ca/gb/

Thanks

Congratulations on some good work! Layout looks pretty colourful. BTW "hassel" is spelt "hassle." The phrase "play hard, without the hassle" isn't bad, though it could take some work. Don't have any suggestions though. Also, Sonic the hedgehog looks somewhat "unnatural" in that position.

select100 Guest

thanx for the imput... but does anyone have a better slogon that i can use for the site?

Thanks

Kudos on a job well done!

some pics don't load right, until you refresh a couple a times

very solid page.. looks great, good color scheme.

about slogan , don't worry about the slogan a better one will come to u later im sure.

wats imprtnt is content.

Good luck.
    'The mark of my Dignity shall scar thy DNA'

Thanks

some pics don't load right, until you refresh a couple a times
    I didn't find that problem. Fantastic, no pop-ups!

Thanks

Great site and all, just a couple of questions. Where are you getting the roms to upload?
    you should ask the people that started Emuparadise for more info. as for the color its good! maybe a little more pink! and maybe some other things to download besides just N64, Dreamcast and Gba, maybe Nintendo, or Snes. or Neo Geo stuff that would rock!
    thats my input

"You want my autograph or something?" - SFA3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Learn a new language gain a new soul"
    -Wizdom from a fortune cookie.-
    "The only thing tragic about coming from a hard life, is not learning anything from it."
    -Taylor-

Thanks

Looks really nice and hmm.. modern. Not a whole lot there though. Looks empty compared with Emupardise. They will come though. "Build the city and ppl will come."

select100 Guest

thanx for all the reviews but to the one saying i should add more systems i don't think i would be able to to that since i am the only one working on the site.

Thanks

All gotta say is that you site is really AWESOME. I thought that i was gonna click the link and it was gonna take me to a really losey site. But when i did click on the link i liked what i saw. I'd have to say that if i ever was going to begin a webpage i would probably ask for you help. The site is really good and when you add more content it will be better. Very easy to navigate and find what you looking for and best of all NO POP UPS. Thank You and hope to see your site as big as emuparadise maybe :sunglasse

coastal_kyd Guest

I liked your site. It's simple to navigate, and has time dedicated to the roms u got; like screenshots and reviews-potentially, so i c.
    I like the colour of the site as well.
    I think with more roms and same dedication to the games the site will be great. Also, if you don't want 2 code your own forum, get a good free forum at probords.net....

Thanks
    EP Points

An excellent site design, that looks really professional. Someone has mentioned a few spelling mistakes at the top of this thread, but there are some more contained within the same paragraph. So I have re-written the paragraph for you here:

"Want to have a no hassle emulation experience? I'm sure you do and Select100 will bring this to you with only one click of a sponsor."

It's such a good site, you should ensure you spellcheck anything before uploading it (as simple spelling mistakes can ruin the look of a site).

Keep up the good work anyways

Thanks

What sponsors? I thought it was a POP-UP FREE SITE. I gave you a vote, Select100, for a job well done. Yeah, I didn't spot those errors when I looked at the site (in fact, I didn't read that small print in the bottom left hand corner).

Del_Boy has provided the correct spelling for the introduction - good introduction, BTW. You could also delete the "I'm sure you do." The shorter, the more people are likely to read it (and perhaps you may want to enlarge it).

Here's essentially my suggestion:

"Looking for a no hassle emulation experience? Select100 will bring this to you with one click of a sponsor."

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree with Omnislash about removing those words - it does read better like that. Sponsors don't have to mean pop-up adverts either, he could mean an embedded banner, or some referral links (which I don't mind, if they are useful).

Also the main page itself has many spelling errors - if you have something such as Word, then run your text through its spell checker before uploading.

Thanks

Glaring spelling errors are a hassel ... err, I mean a hassle, aren't they? They impede the communication of info across a site. Well, I don't know, but even if I wanted to click on a sponsor in the site, I couldn't find one.

Correcting them should be a piece of cake, anyways. Well, here's a vote to Del_Boy for his reviews.

Thanks

Well done. It looks great to me! Very unique looking.