Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

saber Guest

Default Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

Does anybody know of a "Star Wars Trilogy Arcade" rom, emulator, program, etc.? My friend and I have been looking for one, but have come up with nothing using conventional methods.

JadeSaber Guest

I kinda doubt that one would have an emulator...it's just too much. I mean if this is the one that you see like in arcades where it shows demos of the lightsaber duel with Darth Vader, that's probably using some kind of disc format that would be hard to get since there probably aren't many private owners. It's POSSIBLE, but I have never heard of it. That's almost like asking for the arcade of Dance Dance Revolution (any mix) or Star Wars Pod Racer arcade.
    But if it is any consolation, you can get the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back Vector games for MAME. Return of the Jedi is also available, but it isn't Vector and it totally sucks ewok butt.

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

Are you guys talking about the Star Wars arcade that was made by sega?

Sol ZX Guest

Are you guys talking about the Star Wars arcade that was made by sega?
    Yes he is talking about the Model 3 Starwars game made by SEGA.
    AFAIK there are no Model 3 emulators and i doubt there will ever be one due to the high cost of the hardware. The only way to get it is to buy an arcade machine(Model 3) which costs IIRC about $4000-$10000 used.

harrison422 Guest

i got star wars arcade rom in japanese from www.planetemu.net but i dunno if its the 1 you are lookin 4

JadeSaber Guest

Well...I know it isn't the same thing really, but there IS a ROM for Star Wars Arcade...at least that is what it is called...on the Sega 32x. Probably the closest you are ever going to get to that arcade. No lightsaber duels here, though. And that's a shame.
    Oh, on a different subject, anyone know if the Yoda model for Jedi Outcast is out yet?

saber Guest

ok, so no rom or program for this thing huh? man that sucks. oh well. yeah I've seen the mame roms around too, I haven't downloaded them to try yet. But I plan to, along with most other roms. Star Wars fan big am I. i just need to find where to get a few things first. Well thanks for the help. maybe someday in 10 years or something, they'll come out with something.

JadeSaber Guest

Star Wars Fan am I also! But many good games for emulators, there are not.
    What the he...erm...why am I typing in Yodish?
    Anyway, if you have Mame, you really should try the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. They are really fun. The Empire is a pretty rare game to find, so if you need me to try to email it to you, leave me a post. In fact, I have NEVER actually seen the actual arcade cabinet for this one, but you can buy the original arcade of Star Wars on Ebay sometimes for less than $200 if you are really lucky.

saber Guest

well if you can send it, that would be great. I have to re-download MAME though since the folder it was in mysteriously erased itself. Anyway, if you can you can send it to [email protected].

JadeSaber Guest

I will try to send it right after I finish checking the board. I will name it "Star Wars Arcades for MAME".
    Hopefully I will be able to get them to you.
    BE SURE to set MAME to allow you to play using your mouse. You can set the mouse to ON from the MAME window if you are using MAME32 and in the game you can set up the X,Y settings if you press TAB and go under the ANALOG settings. I recommend reversing the Y for a more arcade feel.

JadeSaber Guest

The ROMs should be in your mail by now. Hope they work for you!

Actually, someone asked if this was about the Star Wars arcade made by Sega. Honestly, I thought the original Vetor graphics version was made by Sega too. I know Star Trek, the original Vector game with the spinning dial and little red buttons, was. It had the spinning SEGA logo that split into four and went to the edge of the screen.
    You know, the one that said "Welcome aboard Captain" in Spock's voice when you put in your quarter. The Mame version works pretty well, but you have to download the sound samples separately.

saber Guest

ok, I got it. Thanks a lot. It works, and you're right it's pretty fun. the whole wire frame type graphics are cool. first game I've played that's like that. anyway, thanks again. I just need to find all the other star wars games. oh, and I wouldn't know about the star trek thing. I never go near the stuff.

JadeSaber Guest

Star Wars, Star Trek...I like them both. In my opinion it is a bit of a shame to limit yourself to only one and be against the other. Star Wars has the thrills and wicked lightsabers, but Star Trek has a more realistic direction as far as actual technology. But you get some pretty cool battles there too.
    Except DS9...I very much dislike that series.

Anyway, I am very glad you got the ROMs to work. I do have Return of the Jedi, but it really is very lame. I have never had patience enough to even get past the very first section. I honestly have to say it could possibly be the very worst Star Wars game ever.

Oh, and by the first game you have ever played like that, you mean you never played the original Tempest or Asteroids? WOW! If you did play and like Tempest, I highly reccomend Gyruss.

saber Guest

well, I admit I was into the voyager series for a while but that was the only one. the others I thought were pretty lame. I meant it when I said it was the first game I have played with those types of graphics. I've never played the original asteroids or tempest. I think I might of played another version of asteroids, but I'm not sure. Right now I 'm looking for that star wars arcade rom for the 32x, but I'll take a note to try those two games.

JadeSaber Guest

I think I have the 32x ROM too, but I haven't tried it on a working 32x emulation yet. I have been thinking about it for a while and I will probably check Zophar's site to see what's there for 32x emulation.
    I am going to send you the 32x Star Wars rom if I can. Check your mail.
    I will also try to send you Tempest and Gyruss.

One interresting thing about vector graphics is that the short lived Virtual Boy from Nintendo actually had a decent game on it called Red Alarm. It was rendered with the wire fram graphics also, but it was in true 3D. Ahh...I miss that game.