Page 104 of 269 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4029

Thread: The Nerd-Out: It's all about Stargate, Star Trek, BSG, Firefly, Babylon 5.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Same. 'cept I have a 5742. But I've never had any problem with Acers. And they are affordable, too.
    My old Acer is a tank. 3+ years of going strong, and it's been dropped twice.

And left on charge 24/7 for almost 2 years straight.

Not much wrong with it except the screen dimmed quite a lot after being dropped the first time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Once I save up my 3100 dollars, I'll be good for a laptop

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    My old Acer is a tank. 3+ years of going strong, and it's been dropped twice.

And left on charge 24/7 for almost 2 years straight.

Not much wrong with it except the screen dimmed quite a lot after being dropped the first time.
    Hell, I dropped a bed on my last Acer, and it still works fine. Or at least, it did when I sold it to Zaladane.

Thanks
    EP Points

Paying loads for a laptop is stupid IMO, expecting to get one to be able to play the likes of Crysis is even stupider.

Get a laptop and a console, or a laptop and a gaming PC. Don't get a laptop for gaming...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hell, I dropped a bed on my last Acer, and it still works fine. Or at least, it did when I sold it to Zaladane.

I heard loads of people bitching about Acers, but seriously. I have no problems with either of the ones I've owned. In fact I'd probably recommend Acer to everyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I heard loads of people bitching about Acers, but seriously. I have no problems with either of the ones I've owned. In fact I'd probably recommend Acer to everyone.
    I usually recommend them. I'm the same as you -- I've had nothing but great things to say about them, and never had a problem with one. The only problem I ran into with my last one was the battery stopped holding a charge -- just had to buy a new battery and it was as good as new.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's pretty much how I am with Toshiba.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Totally gonna make poutine for dinner tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Azrael? Already that far into the game, Drag? :O

Thanks
    EP Points

I usually recommend them. I'm the same as you -- I've had nothing but great things to say about them, and never had a problem with one. The only problem I ran into with my last one was the battery stopped holding a charge -- just had to buy a new battery and it was as good as new.
    The other laptop's battery only lasts about an hour. But it's never used unplugged. My parents use that one now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Paying loads for a laptop is stupid IMO, expecting to get one to be able to play the likes of Crysis is even stupider.

Get a laptop and a console, or a laptop and a gaming PC. Don't get a laptop for gaming...
    It's really for emulating some games faster, cuz this pc is a little slow for the ps2 games. Well i gets playable speed most of the time. And i want to be able to work some emus that require a lot more powerful machine than mine.

Thanks
    EP Points

get this guys I also like acer, but alas wwhen it came time to get a laptop iy was picked for me as a gift and it is a compaq cq411-wm single core semperon processor amd mobility m880 graphics card but that's not the worst part just before warranty ran out hard drive died sent it in fixed no problem about a month ago my lcd died warranty's out now so I'm looking at an old crt moniter just to use my laptop.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    That's pretty much how I am with Toshiba.
    I don't mind Toshiba, but my home theater system is a Toshiba and it's a piece of shit. I would consider buying another Toshiba product again, but only after a lot of research into other people's experiences with that particular product.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Azrael? Already that far into the game, Drag? :O
    Yeah. I needed to take a break, but I'm about to battle The Destroyer. I think I've been playing for about 16 hours on Normal.

The other laptop's battery only lasts about an hour. But it's never used unplugged. My parents use that one now.
    Yeah, I think my old one would last for about two hours, give or take. This one used to last for damn close to six hours when I first got it, but now it only lasts for about 3 hours and change.

Thanks
    EP Points

Works like a charm