Thread: help with getting an iso onto iphone successfully

Thanks

Default help with getting an iso onto iphone successfully

hi guys. i am pretty new to all this and i would appreciate anyones help with my issue. i am trying to get psx games ont my iphone 3gs. i have already successfully jailbroken it. i have psx4all, winscp and winrar and i have dowloaded the game (final fantasy 7)
    i think the part of the process im getting wrong is extracting the game. i know how to drag and drop it into my iphone with ssh, and i have the bios with the correct properties and everything. i just dont know what to do once you donload the iso from emuparadise. i save it onto my desktop and it shows up with the winrar icon and says its already in the archive. do i just right click and say extract here on each disk and individually copy the folders from that into winscp? or am i missing a step. ive heard people say go into winrar and double click the first disk and something should happen, but i dont get it. please help! i feel like i have everything right im just screwing a minor thing up. thanks in advance for answering and please try to avoid as much technobabble as possible. thanks!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wraithslayer View Post
    ive heard people say go into winrar and double click the first disk and something should happen
    I don't thiink your friends could be anymore vague than that...
    "Extract here" is in fact what you want to do. That should give you either a bin, img or ecm. The bin and img should probably work on your iphone, but if you get the ecm there is one more step you must do. Download ecm tools and drag the ecm file onto unecm.exe

Finally you should be able to get the game onto your iphone in a workable format. Note: Playstation games hardly ever com in iso format. That is more of a common ground when downloading ps2 games.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default thank you

ill give it a try. thank you so much for the info. ive been on youtube and google for the past 3 days trying to figure this stuff out. do i drag the whole folder into the thing or just the ecm part that i get to by clicking into it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just drag the file that has *.ecm as the file extension. It will give you a bin which is the actual game image.

Thanks

Default It worked :D

Thanks again. the sound is a little off which is a minor dissapointment, but for an iphone it plays excellently

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wraithslayer View Post
    Thanks again. the sound is a little off which is a minor dissapointment, but for an iphone it plays excellently
    Glad I could help! I don't think the sound has a fix (its just an iphone after all) but, have fun none-the-less.
    My iTouch had difficulty running GBC games, so PSX is miraculous to say the least.