Thread: Noob wants to mod PS2... help?

Thanks

Red face Noob wants to mod PS2... help?

Hello all, I was debating whether or not it was appropriate to necro my ancient thread or to merely create a new one.

Anyway, it seems I've been brought back to the dilemma of modding my PS2. Initially, I tried the suggestion of contacting someone on epforums who could mod my memory card for free with FMCB (which seemed to good to be true to start out with, and I decided to go out on a limb there), but I never received either of the memory cards I sent out to be modded, and I haven't heard back from the person who was supposed to mod them (and supposedly send them back) since April 15th.

That obviously didn't happen, thus brings me to the question: what is the best method to mod my own PS2? I could consider Swap Magic, though I could easily see the hole in my wallet climbing to a greater height investing in such a method. I also understand that if I were to try Swap Magic, I also need to invest in one of three options to accompany it, but considering my PS2 is a slim, I've no idea how to pursue such accompaniment, and whether or not it would make a significant difference.

My budget is diminishing, especially considering I have to go out and buy myself a couple more memory cards, and I have no prior experience with modding. You've got to start somewhere though, right?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, you didn't get your memory cards back? Who did you send them to out of curiosity?

Thanks

krawniksmoka. Because there are so few replies in that thread I have no way of really knowing how satisfied people have been with those transactions in the past...

Thanks
    EP Points

Well he hasn't ripped any off before but hasn't really been active at all as of late? Maybe he's forgotten and has been online in ages!?

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd like to think there was some mixup or something with your memory cards. We don't take too kindly the ripping off of our members here at EP. I'll see if I can get any response from the registered email address for krawniksmoka, and please keep us posted.

Thanks
    EP Points

April 10th was the last time he posted, hope he's ok. Pretty sure he's also done this for other people too without any problems. Give it a bit more time

Thanks

All right. It's just been about a month since I've last heard from him about it, so naturally I've been wondering. Thanks for all the support! I'll hope that this will merely turn out to be a mix-up of some sort.

Thanks

Necro. It's been close to another month, now. Still nothing :/

Thanks

you could always install your own FMCB, i read you have a ps2 slim. i did it myself the ps2 game swap trick it wasnt that hard and people on this forums help me alot with questions. all you have to spent is getting a 007 agent under fire game ($4).

tutorial http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/
    Last edited by guatemala; 11th-June-2011 at 01:55.

Thanks

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. Why would I have to buy 007 Agent Under Fire?

Thanks
    EP Points

because its a game that you can use instead of a swap magic disc, the glitch is if you run an orginal PS2 game you can essentially use it as a swap magic disc
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

he is right and the steps are really easy,btw did u read the tutorial? it might seem confusing but is really easy.