Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can a soft modded wii play burned games from a dvd-r?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default can a soft modded wii play burned games from a dvd-r?

title, as well as can i play gamecube games burned on regular dvds? do i need specific tools or just a specific file?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Yes it can. There are several applications for this. I personallu use NeoGamma. You can go0gle it. Once you obtain it extract it and throw it in the Apps folder of your SD card. Then run it throw HBC. You can also load off a USB. For Gamecube games, i do not know. have not tried it. i know neogamma lets you but have not tested it.
    Also when burning use DvD-R and slow speeds. 4x works for me. I use IMGBurn as well.
    Last edited by Solbadude; 9th-May-2011 at 23:48.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like Solbadude said, Neogamma is the way to go for playing burned Wii games.
    If you want to play GC games, you will have to install cmios rev5 (or which ever the newest is)
    This video has a link for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHkiODT2MCM

Thanks
    EP Points

do either of you guys have a step by step tutorial? the only console i ever soft modded was my ps2, and that had step by step

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You mean to say, your Wii is not softmodded at all?
    You realize a Wii with the serial Number LU64 and higher cannot play games burned to disk, right? They can only load from HDD.
    Eitehr way, we will need your System menu version before giving out tutorial links. You can find it in the Wii Settings at the top right.

Thanks

There are many go0d guides out there. But, I do not want to send link unless I know for sure if it will help you. I recently modded my wii in February. And modded another one this weekend for my stepbro. I would suggest Mauifrogs guide as it seems easiest, and he supplies all the mods you need to begin.

Thanks
    EP Points

my wii is currently not soft modded in any way, i will check the number when i can but its a white one purchased almost 11 months after the wii's launch

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    my wii is currently not soft modded in any way, i will check the number when i can but its a white one purchased almost 11 months after the wii's launch
    All that states is that you can play games from DVD-R. We still need your system menu before we link you to the tut.
    Mauifrog has the easiest yes, but he need to know which exploit to use.
    Here is the link: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

I suggest using Smash Stack, but I have used BannerBomb as well, which works just the same.

Thanks

if it is that old than here is a couple of guides.
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ this one i used on my first wii. read it over 3x! to be sure.

This one is Mauifrogs guide. i used this one the second time and went by faster and was rewarded with backup launchers and WiiMediaCenter and other essentials. http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

READ THEM BOTH CAREFULLY! Also upgrade to 4.3 before hand.
    Damn you Jazz you to0 quick.
    Last edited by Solbadude; 10th-May-2011 at 02:27. Reason: jazz is to smooth.

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm on firmware 4.3 U the one that came with Epic Mickey, my wii is also LU31, so of what you have shown me which is the best to use?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i'm on firmware 4.3 U the one that came with Epic Mickey, my wii is also LU31, so of what you have shown me which is the best to use?
    Mauifrog's tutorial covers all of the exploits for 4.3U.

This will require you to own one of the games though. You only need one official game, but they are limited to:
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    YU-GI-OH 5D Wheelie Breaker
    Lego Star Wars
    or
    Lego Star Batman

Once you find one of those games, you are all set to follow his tutorial. Read it thoroughly, please.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

good thing i already have brawl lol, thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

good thing i already have brawl lol, thanks
    Brawl was pretty easy, but I haven't done the others so I can't say whether or not they are.
    Feel free to ask any other questions.

Thanks
    EP Points

well one good question would be do i require a pc? cause atm i only have a mac unless i go to a friends

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well one good question would be do i require a pc? cause atm i only have a mac unless i go to a friends
    Well, you need a FAT formatted SD card, which MACs can read afaik. All you have to do is drag and drop files, so I want to say you're fine.
    I know MAC can't handle NTFS, but you will never need to deal with that on a Wii.

When you come to the later stages of the hacking, you'll find out that loading from HDD requires the drive to be formatted in WBFS, something no computer can natively read. It is nothing more than an altered FAT partition though, so WBFS manager which I think has been written for MAC as well, will do the trick.