Page 57 of 267 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dismemberment-Out: It's been nice knowing you, Jazz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    And what things do you want people in the US to sell you?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-tons-of-games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Jazz Hates meh!
    Damn straight skippy. you got too many good things.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Couldn't you just spit in your hands and clean them that way?

Probably safer.

More sanitary too!

I'm so neurotic about hand washing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd offer you some of my stuff, but A.) So far north I might as well be in europe and B.) I collect shit and probably wouldn't part with anything anyway.

I'd offer you cheap labor, but again, not anywhere nearby.

GLOBALIZATION: IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY MAKE THE WORLD SMALLER, IT JUST MAKES IT SEEM THAT WAY.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm so neurotic about hand washing.
    Then you should be aware that coating your hands in gunk is not the same as cleaning them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds good. There is an independent game store near here that has successfully held its own against Gamestop.

Thanks

I'd offer you some of my stuff, but A.) So far north I might as well be in europe and B.) I collect shit and probably wouldn't part with anything anyway.

I'd offer you cheap labor, but again, not anywhere nearby.

GLOBALIZATION: IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY MAKE THE WORLD SMALLER, IT JUST MAKES IT SEEM THAT WAY.
    Nah, I don't need labor too much, I have about 15 people that are willing to work for pretty much nothing. And I have some sources of cheap games, but soon those sources will dry up and I'll have to pay premium price for things.

I was actually considering buying this: http://cgi.ebay.com/439-NES-GAMES-NI...ht_8986wt_1139

It's been up for MONTHS, so I could easily persuade the seller into selling for less than $1000. And considering "ALL of these games have cosmetic issues such as stickers, writing, torn labels, etc and are all untested." makes them not nearly worth roughly $3 a game.

But than again, that's just NES, I would need a lot of other stuff.

And it's not like I'm relying heavily on EP, it would just be a nice bonus if I could get a good purchase or two to stock up if I'm lucky.

Thanks
    EP Points

Then you should be aware that coating your hands in gunk is not the same as cleaning them.
    Then again, soap is animal fat anyway. I just have to do something whenever I touch anything. It's very neurotic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyway, I like the hand gunk for now, and I have to go research some business stuff myself. And I'm not just saying that to sound important. I'm very conscientious about how I show my arrogance and I wouldn't be so banal about it.

Toodiloo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Nah, I don't need labor too much, I have about 15 people that are willing to work for pretty much nothing. And I have some sources of cheap games, but soon those sources will dry up and I'll have to pay premium price for things.

I was actually considering buying this: http://cgi.ebay.com/439-NES-GAMES-NI...ht_8986wt_1139

It's been up for MONTHS, so I could easily persuade the seller into selling for less than $1000. And considering "ALL of these games have cosmetic issues such as stickers, writing, torn labels, etc and are all untested." makes them not nearly worth roughly $3 a game.

But than again, that's just NES, I would need a lot of other stuff.

And it's not like I'm relying heavily on EP, it would just be a nice bonus if I could get a good purchase or two to stock up if I'm lucky.
    Until you know how well your shop will do in terms of NEs sales and the like, I would recommend not buying 500 NEs games for 1500 bucks, regardless of how good a deal it seems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Then again, soap is animal fat anyway. I just have to do something whenever I touch anything. It's very neurotic.
    Yeah, in the 1700's, maybe. I guarantee any soap sold commercially does not have animal fat in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroSnake View Post
    Until you know how well your shop will do in terms of NEs sales and the like, I would recommend not buying 500 NEs games for 1500 bucks, regardless of how good a deal it seems.
    Yeah, it seems like a bit much. I dunno how many NES game I want but 400 is far too much. I probably won't unless he's willing to sell it for a very low price, but knowing the seller, he won't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Jazz Hates meh!
    Send him nudes. That's why he loves me now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, in the 1700's, maybe. I guarantee any soap sold commercially does not have animal fat in it.

Yeah, it seems like a bit much. I dunno how many NES game I want but 400 is far too much. I probably won't unless he's willing to sell it for a very low price, but knowing the seller, he won't.
    considering the average NES game costs roughly 25 cents....yeah I would hang on and think about that one.

On that note, I have some GOOD NES games that you can pretty much have, but it would certainly only be like 9 or 10 or so. But certainly worthy (imo) to be put in a glass case and sold at a bit higher price.

Thanks
    EP Points

Unsolicited advice alert!

To my way of thinking, that lot would suit a collector more than a store-owner. There are games in that collection that would just sit on your shelves, collecting dust and taking up real estate. "Barbie", for one, and to a lesser extent, "Hydlide" or "Amagon". I can say from experience that our retro game buy/sell/trade joint in my town had 3 copies of Hydlide at one time, and I'll bet there's one on the shelves right now.

It pays to be a bit picky when buying sometimes, is what I'm saying.

Best of luck with the store... I've always wanted to open one myself.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also keep in mind that, being NES games, and being so many of them, the vast majority are likely to be utter shite. Stick with NES games there's demand for to begin with. At least then you know people are going to buy them and you won't have a shelf full of cartridges based on Tom Cruise movies.

EDIT: Beaten by Rockstar. Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.