Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Gaming Sins!

Thanks

I've never actually beaten a Zelda game, but have playe most of them.

Oh and one time in Two Worlds (a pretty shitty oblivion clone for 360) I went on a massive killing spree. I took out like an entire town and wasn't allowed back ever.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Why because I Didn't own a NES?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    ... and I used to like you.

You're the same age as me, and I grew up on my NES. Got mine in 1991, and played the shit out of it basically until a couple of years after the N64 came out. Then it got set aside for "ZOMGLOOKATTHOSEGRAPHICS" until I finally dug it out of the closet and started playing it again.

It has a lot of great games. And honestly, the ratio of good games to bad is probably about the same as what you would find on most systems. I can probably think of at least fifty games that everyone and their dog should play.

I play my NES all the time. Used to collect the games and played through almost all of them (I beat about 80% of my 249 games) before I had to sell them to buy baby stuffs. Which I still regret doing. Massively.

Not every game for the NES is a gem, most definitely. But there are a lot of fantastic games, and it's one of the few systems that I constantly find myself going back to. I haven't touched my N64 in years, other than a couple of playthroughs of Ocarina of Time, but I'll still boot up my NES about three or four times a week and play through Batman, or a Mario game, or Zelda, or Metroid.

When it comes down to personal preference, sure, I can see the NES not being your choice system. But there are good games for it. Most of them of a much greater replay value than the stuff that gets pumped into the market nowadays.
    <3

Seriously, I just wanted to mention that Drags is totally right and all that.

Although, in fairness, in the "what do you miss about old gaming!!?!?!?" thread, people were being ridiculous about the whole "stories are so bland nowadays!"-thing so I just mentioned that i don't miss most/alot of games being shit. Like you know, back when you had a NES and you'd play anything. Fuck, I've played Bart vs the World so much it makes me cry when I see it. Point is, someone accused me of being the only one who used to play shitty games "back then", and that person is wrong. I was right, and Gypsy's silly 99 % statement proves this... somehow. So, yeah, I expect apologies and all that.

If you ever come to visit we can totally play Rush'n'Attack, Drags. But I wanna be blue guy.

(Also, surely the DS and NES have WAAAAY more bad games than the PSX? And to say the NES was a bad console is like saying the PS2 was crummy, because the PS3 has better graphics.)

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    (Also, surely the DS and NES have WAAAAY more bad games than the PSX? And to say the NES was a bad console is like saying the PS2 was crummy, because the PS3 has better graphics.)
    Unfortunately that's how casualfags seem to think. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he had shit to say about all Mortal Kombat games because he never made it past MK2. He even said Mortal Kombat 1 was a lack of respect to fighting games.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Also, surely the DS and NES have WAAAAY more bad games than the PSX?"

Have you looked at the full ps1 library? Cause it's close. Doesn't mean there are not tons of awesome games for it as well, but the sheer bulk of releases for it create this issue. A good chunk of the horrible games probably aren't uploaded here but you see lots of them every time you look at ps1 games at a used store.

"And to say the NES was a bad console is like saying the PS2 was crummy, because the PS3 has better graphics.)"

Not even what I meant by that NAWIMSAYIN? I mean you're reading into that to create a comment that wasn't there (from me at least). The reason I don't like it has nothing to do with graphics and everything to do with bad games. Oddly enough I enjoy some pretty atrocious games, just not NES ones. I mean hey, my fav consoles are Saturn and Dreamcast.

"Like you know, back when you had a NES and you'd play anything. Fuck, I've played Bart vs the World so much it makes me cry when I see it. Point is, someone accused me of being the only one who used to play shitty games "back then", and that person is wrong. I was right, and Gypsy's silly 99 % statement proves this... somehow. So, yeah, I expect apologies and all that."

I'm glad I never lived through this. And yeah, of course they are wrong because so many of the games were shit (atari was even worse, though I think this goes without saying). You know as well as I do that the 99% was arbitrary and exaggerated cause there is no actual way to know and I was just wanting to make a point. Point is I'm never picking up an NES controller again and I'll be better for it. In the end it comes down to personal preference and I'm willing to stop after this post cause I think I've made all the points I have to make.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 11th-May-2011 at 14:14.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    "Also, surely the DS and NES have WAAAAY more bad games than the PSX?"

Have you looked at the full ps1 library? Cause it's close. Doesn't mean there are not tons of awesome games for it as well, but the sheer bulk of releases for it create this issue. A good chunk of the horrible games probably aren't uploaded here but you see lots of them every time you look at ps1 games at a used store.

"And to say the NES was a bad console is like saying the PS2 was crummy, because the PS3 has better graphics.)"

Not even what I meant by that NAWIMSAYIN? I mean you're reading into that to create a comment that wasn't there (from me at least). The reason I don't like it has nothing to do with graphics and everything to do with bad games. Oddly enough I enjoy some pretty atrocious games, just not NES ones. I mean hey, my fav consoles are Saturn and Dreamcast.

"Like you know, back when you had a NES and you'd play anything. Fuck, I've played Bart vs the World so much it makes me cry when I see it. Point is, someone accused me of being the only one who used to play shitty games "back then", and that person is wrong. I was right, and Gypsy's silly 99 % statement proves this... somehow. So, yeah, I expect apologies and all that."

I'm glad I never lived through this. And yeah, of course they are wrong because so many of the games were shit (atari was even worse, though I think this goes without saying). You know as well as I do that the 99% was arbitrary and exaggerated cause there is no actual way to know and I was just wanting to make a point. Point is I'm never picking up an NES controller again and I'll be better for it. In the end it comes down to personal preference and I'm willing to stop after this post cause I think I've made all the points I have to make.
    No, no, the point I was trying to make is that it's very silly to call the NES a shitty console because it was - withouth doubt - the very, extremely best at its' time. Hence the PS2/PS3 example. I can see how today's games make people, you know, play the NES less often, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an awesome console. Because it was. And is. In my opinion.

So, no, I don't concur. But about 25 % of the NES library was probably garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by G
    I'm glad I never lived through this.
    Tsk, the only thing that has really changed is that internet and piracy/CD burners have made it easier to get loads of games. Back then you played the games you happened to own.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by elmdor
    the very, extremely best at its' time
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by elmdor
    Tsk, the only thing that has really changed is that internet and piracy/CD burners have made it easier to get loads of games. Back then you played the games you happened to own
    Yeah I think originally I owned around 70 N64 games but then my mom sold it all off as a punishment. Brutal memories...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    So, no, I don't concur. But about 25 % of the NES library was probably garbage.
    I think it was actually higher! Like, at least some 50%?

Something you said I agree with, Elmy: We just didn't have that many options! I played Bart vs The Space Mutants so much, even though I knew (even back then), that it was not that great a game...

Another thing about the olden days is: Costs were lower, content was less complex. Nintendo limited publishers to 5 games a year, and even then, look at all the carp (fishy reference intended) that came out! Standards and costs for content have risen...

Publishers can't afford to pump simplistic games out the door. I think back then you could feel a bit more "passion" coming from dev teams, whereas nowadays it's all just a giant business machine. I've sinned, right there...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Another RPG sin of mine:

Ive never played a Persona game.
    I DLd P2 for psx earlier today, figured id try it out.

Thanks

I've tried a persona game and hated the shit out of it. Recently.

Let's see... I owned an R-Zone. And I loved that R-Zone. I thought it was the coolest thing. I used to play MK3 on it all day.

Then I got my first Game Boy. The Game Boy Pocket. I never looked back.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Another RPG sin of mine:

Good place to start, I'm an SMT nut and I'm not all that fond of the first one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Good place to start, I'm an SMT nut and I'm not all that fond of the first one.
    Still havent played it yet

Ill get around to it one of these days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Another RPG sin of mine:

I made a post right after yours, regarding Persona 2... Then I realized yours was almost the same, so I removed mine.

We share the same sin (high five?): Never played a Persona/SMT game, other than the very beginning of Persona 2.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roux! View Post
    I made a post right after yours, regarding Persona 2... Then I realized yours was almost the same, so I removed mine.

We share the same sin (high five?): Never played a Persona/SMT game, other than the very beginning of Persona 2.
    Wasn't the subtitle of one of the Persona games "Innocent Sin," as well...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, P2 is

Thanks

Now that you mention it...

All I remembered about the game was Maya Amano and her fashionable jacket. Reporter of sorts?