Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Gaming Sins!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I helped the gf play Katamari once. ONCE!
    Still I regret it...

Thanks

I do not care for Zelda games. Only beat Twilight Princess.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks

Speaking of Zelda games, I think I never beat Zelda II without using state saves...

There was a time I couldn't understand much of what game characters where saying, given my horrible english skills at the time... Add to this, the horrible translations we used to get on a regular basis.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    I would like to disagree with this here statement.

Kouen has no real childhood. I'm sorry, it's unfortunate but true.
    Why because I Didn't own a NES?

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roux! View Post
    Speaking of Zelda games, I think I never beat Zelda II without using state saves...
    no kidden, that game was a absolute pain in the ass.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Haha. I just think the NES sucks as a system.
    ... and I used to like you.

I think I'm just too young (23) to enjoy 8-bit games. I did play the 3 sm games and the first 2 zelda games on an actual NES (since sold) but I just don't get people that have tons and tons of NES carts when many of the games were just awful.
    You're the same age as me, and I grew up on my NES. Got mine in 1991, and played the shit out of it basically until a couple of years after the N64 came out. Then it got set aside for "ZOMGLOOKATTHOSEGRAPHICS" until I finally dug it out of the closet and started playing it again.

It has a lot of great games. And honestly, the ratio of good games to bad is probably about the same as what you would find on most systems. I can probably think of at least fifty games that everyone and their dog should play.

It's not that I don't like simple games. And imo the NES is 99% awful games.

I got what you were trying to say btw.
    I'm just a hater, but honestly look at the games...and try to play them...it can be hard to stomach for the most part. I know it was for me at least.
    I play my NES all the time. Used to collect the games and played through almost all of them (I beat about 80% of my 249 games) before I had to sell them to buy baby stuffs. Which I still regret doing. Massively.

Not every game for the NES is a gem, most definitely. But there are a lot of fantastic games, and it's one of the few systems that I constantly find myself going back to. I haven't touched my N64 in years, other than a couple of playthroughs of Ocarina of Time, but I'll still boot up my NES about three or four times a week and play through Batman, or a Mario game, or Zelda, or Metroid.

When it comes down to personal preference, sure, I can see the NES not being your choice system. But there are good games for it. Most of them of a much greater replay value than the stuff that gets pumped into the market nowadays.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I play my NES all the time. ... and it's one of the few systems that I constantly find myself going back to.
    I guess many of us refuse to throw away such a huge piece of our childhood... Now THAT would be a sin... On par with smashing it with a hammer, methinks?

Just an FYI:

A system I also constantly find myself coming back to: The SEGA Dreamcast. I refuse to let go of that failed piece of gaming bliss!! And I could never run my Shenmue disc on it...
    Last edited by Roux!; 11th-May-2011 at 20:30.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    But there are good games for it. Most of them of a much greater replay value than the stuff that gets pumped into the market nowadays.
    You... Sir or Madam (You can never really tell on the forum...) are absolutely correct.

If there is one "sin" that I frequently commit then its probably the way I degrade and refuse to buy into most modern day gaming. I have 60GB PS3 which I use more to play my PS2 games on than PS3 games I only have 2 PS3 games that I play anyway (as in REPLAY after I beat them). I just can't justify spending 60+ on games I beat in no time and have little replayability.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarianoRyu View Post
    Never played Final Fantasy.

Yes, I went there. LOL

Never really had the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by solbadude
    I do not care for Zelda games.
    Only a few of them are really worth playing (this goes for both series).

Quote Originally Posted by roux
    I refuse to let go of that failed piece of gaming bliss!!
    How can someone not love Jet Grind Radio! Honestly, the Dreamcast had plenty of innovative and fun titles, but consumers have proven time and time again that is not what they are looking for.

I'm obsessed with Dreamcast myself.

Quote Originally Posted by drag
    It has a lot of great games. And honestly, the ratio of good games to bad is probably about the same as what you would find on most systems. I can probably think of at least fifty games that everyone and their dog should play.
    IMO percentage-wise DS, Playstation and NES are the worst. Probably about in that order too. Don't get me wrong, the Playstation has probably the best chunk of my favourite games if you count games being rereleased for it, but it has a ton of crap.

Not every game for the NES is a gem, most definitely. But there are a lot of fantastic games, and it's one of the few systems that I constantly find myself going back to. I haven't touched my N64 in years, other than a couple of playthroughs of Ocarina of Time, but I'll still boot up my NES about three or four times a week and play through Batman, or a Mario game, or Zelda, or Metroid.
    The N64 (even though I grew up on this I can understand that it is junk) and Gamecube are both pretty damn weak too. Nintendo's only good console was the SNES.

Also, love all the games bolded, but those are the only titles I could even really play on the NES w/o getting crazy bored. Except for Megaman.

When it comes down to personal preference, sure, I can see the NES not being your choice system. But there are good games for it. Most of them of a much greater replay value than the stuff that gets pumped into the market nowadays.
    Which is saying almost next to nothing haha but I agree with you. My favourite consoles are probably PS, PS2, Saturn and Dreamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    I just can't justify spending 60+ on games I beat in no time and have little replayability.
    SRW and Disgaea!

Thanks
    EP Points

Trading in my copy of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past before I knew it's value.

The N64 (even though I grew up on this I can understand that it is junk) and Gamecube are both pretty damn weak too. Nintendo's only good console was the SNES.
    *Gasp* You just sinned! Repent! LOL.

Ahh, Miku! She's so AWESOME!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    *Gasp* You just sinned! Repent! LOL.
    I also never plan to own a wii. Well I mean maybe when it starts going for about $50 used.

I must hump a bloated pikachu corpse and bow down to the girth of Nintendo right? XD

Thanks

I also never plan to own a wii. Well I mean maybe when it starts going for about $50 used.

I must hump a bloated pikachu corpse and bow down to the girth of Nintendo right? XD
    me either i wont even buy one period, theres mayb 3 good games for the wii and most games are for kids 12 and under, im all set with that. i dont even own a 360 or ps3 as i always say there garbage with all online playing and nothing else it seems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think it's worth owning a ps3 and pirating it. Plus I have to play new SRW games.

I think I actually own 5 PS3 games that I plan to keep right now, Disgaea 4 will make 6. Probably around the same range for 360 but I got both from pretty decent prices bundled with games (that I sold).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Like EVER not even held one of there controllers, In my Defense I was Raised in London and had a Sega Master System and everyone I knew had one too no one I knew of at that time had one
    Must've been a UK thing.. all my friends had the SMS too but I only ever saw a NES once.. (remember playing Punch Out, heh)

Anyway, the thing I'm most ashamed of - I probably have at least 30 really good games I've never even completed.

What can I say, I'm too easily distracted..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ollieisamuppet View Post
    Must've been a UK thing.. all my friends had the SMS too but I only ever saw a NES once.. (remember playing Punch Out, heh)
    I think it is. I've heard that during the NES/Master System days, the Master System was much more popular in PAL regions than the NES. What Kouen said made sense, with that in mind.

Ahh, Miku! She's so AWESOME!!