Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: Your Gaming Sins!

Thanks

getting Missingno in Pkmn Red/Blue to boost my team with infinite Rare Candy etc. to then realise how dull the game became after a while by being outleveled

Thanks

My biggest gaming sin was playing command and conquer tiberian twilight DDDDDD

Thanks

One of my sins was when I used cheats to get the good endings to Star Wars: Demolition. I didn't want to wait and play the whole game to watch them.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok using the level skip trick to get to the last level of battletoads and double dragons for SNES it sucked cause when you beat the final boss dudes like congratulations, but even the Dark Queen Didn't have to cheat.
    asshole game knew I was cheating and called me a cheater. lol

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I once played The Guy Game for 48 hours straight. It was a lustful, depravity-filled, hell of a weekend.

Thanks
    EP Points

Uh. I played Mega Man X7. That's definitely a sin.

Thanks

ugh....long list:

-Like many others have mentioned, I stockpile games and then never play them. Either I don't have the time or I don't feel like playing, and I only recently got back into playing games seriously. I hate doing things more than once, so I've never replayed games. I realize now I really should.
    -I've never beaten the original Legend of Zelda and never played Link's Awakening or Windwaker.
    -Never played any Persona games aside from getting halfway thru the english dub of 2.
    -Haven't played many FF's though I know I'd love them to death. Never played Chrono Cross/Trigger either. And only just got into Wild Arms recently.
    -I've grown to hate Sonic games because my obsessions with getting the best time and killing all the enemies and getting all the rings in a level end up fighting each other and make it impossible for me to finish half the levels. Funny since I used to play 2 on gamegear constantly as a kid.
    -Never played the MGS series although I own the first 3. Wasn't that into FPS's after goldeneye tbh. I'm just not quick/accurate enough and end up taking WAY too much damage
    -I love platformers, but never got into Mario. It's hilarious because my one friend practically worships him.
    -Never beat earthbound.
    -Never owned a genesis/saturn/dreamcast/gamecube/xbox/360/ds.
    -Haven't beaten God of War nor played the rest of the series.
    -Haven't played the future Ratchet and Clank games.
    -Haven't played/beaten a Pokemon game since the original Gold.
    -I NEED to 100% games before I put them away no matter how long it takes. I am a downright trophy/achievement/100% whore. And when I mean 100% if I'm playing an rpg that means stat maxes and everything Only bad part about it is that makes me sick of them sometimes, and like with FF7 I restarted it 10 times because I missed an item or conversation or crap like that... However, I have recently gained the capacity to play multiple games side by side, and that helps each of them stay fresh longer.

This last I count as an achievement. I played Legend of Dragoon for so long I maxed out the clock. If you play for over 300 hours, the clock changes color and resets at zero. Never seen it in a walkthrough or cheats section or anything. And that was after I restarted it (because I was busy for a month and forgot the story). I still regret missing one missable gold dust that I got in my other playthrough and forgot to pick it up. Missed out on a secret boss >( Anywho, that game made me love RPG's ever since!
    Last edited by darkdaxter; 8th-September-2011 at 00:22.

Thanks

When me and my mate used to play C&C red alert, with back to back TV's like battleships. (old school multiplayer) I used to wait 15-20 minutes in and then input the nuke cheat and the money cheat.

Felt a bit dirty about that one for years!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hobomaster View Post
    I'm biased about "anime" type games.
    Biased for or against?

For my own part, let's see what sins have crippled my cred...
    1. Never played Shadow of the Colossus. Own it, unopened.
    2. Never beat a Zelda game; never played any of the N64 games.
    3. Never played Planescape: Torment.
    4. Barely trudged through BG2; never beat ToB or BG1.
    5. Never played proper multiplayer.
    6. Never played an MMORPG (Even when I got into the beta for SMT)
    7. Never beat any Final Fantasy before 7 and after 10.
    8. Liked Final Fantasy X. (!)
    9. Liked Final Fantasy VIII. (!!!)
    10. Never played Xenogears.
    11. Never played the Mother series.
    12. Never beat any Breath of Fire game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilala13 View Post
    Well my gaming sin is bad lolz! I played dead or alive just to look at the girls! Im a girl too. Im not les or bi i just Liked it!
    You are more then forgiven my child lol

Thanks

I played Persona 3 with a complete guide so I maxed out pretty much eerything possible.
    I couldn't stand the idea of going to some place during a day and ONLY raising one stat.
    I felt terrible, beat the game naturally and only maxed 2 relationships at the end.

Thanks

I'm starting to use cheat codes on more games these days, not because they are hard, but because I want the goods without putting the grind in. I always use glitches/exploits in games if it saves me from grinding. Example I abused the hell of of the item duplication glitch in Demon's Souls. Once someone figured out to drop boss souls, I duplicated those too. Perfect if you want a ready made character in about 10 minutes already equipped to fight other players with. Part of the fun in that game was invading and killing the host with one back stab, and then wait on the incoming hate mail.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 18th-September-2011 at 01:21.

Thanks

Here are my sins as a Let's Player/Gamer.

I cannot, and I say cannot, play Mario nor its series even if my life depends on it. I know, I suck! My mom is better than me, wtf?
    Have not finished Zelda or even played 5 minutes into it. Haven't even played any of its series.

I have more but I can't seem to name any of them right now. Oh well!

Thanks

I think my biggest gaming sin (only cause I can't remember all of them...) would have to be I never played a single GTA game before GTAIV without cheat codes. From something simple as more ammo to infinite health. Once I started playing IV I got to see how hard it was to find weapons (mind you I'm not good at GTA games...at all.)