Thread: Why Star Fox 64: 3D doesn't have online| Gamers didn't want online.

Thanks
    EP Points

Angry Why Star Fox 64: 3D doesn't have online| Gamers didn't want online.

Speaking to Official Nintendo Magazine, Yusuke Amano, the man charged with coordinating development of the recently released Star Fox 64 3D between Nintendo and Q-Games, said that the game's lack of online multiplayer was due to cost

"Personally, I play a lot of online FPS games," he said. "This leads me to think that just making multiplayer parts of existing games playable online isn't enough to create a satisfying experience for users."

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/cost-pr...3d-online-mode
    I like at E3, Nintendo said that they were going to push online gaming, but I guess it is too expensive for them.
    >___________________________________________>

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The single commercial they ran for it that I've seen so far had about a grand total of 5 seconds of gameplay footage, all of which was multiplayer.

Didn't they want this game to sell more to new people than established fans? 'Cause it seems they wanted this to fail.

Thanks

online gaming isnt all its cracked up to be it seems its become the new catch cry of a minority of gamers case in point when Im over at gamefaqs on the skyrim 360 board the amount of kids that try and tell us that multiplayer games are the future and that tes should be multiplayer is ridiculous, as far as my opinion goes companies that only focus on multiplayer and just tack on a crappy singleplayer experience are the problem why cant they just stop making multiplayer games a focus and start fleshing out the single player experience again.

Thanks

I would of rather waited longer for them to invest and create a multiplayer part than buy the same game that i have on my n64
    Chaos would suit me just fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    The single commercial they ran for it that I've seen so far had about a grand total of 5 seconds of gameplay footage, all of which was multiplayer.
    I've seen that commercial. There are three or four people all sitting in one room, which likely means that there is local multiplayer functionality, just not a multiplayer aspect that relies upon online matchmaking.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    I've seen that commercial. There are three or four people all sitting in one room, which likely means that there is local multiplayer functionality, just not a multiplayer aspect that relies upon online matchmaking.
    This is most likely true, but when the subject of your commercial is people playing said game with each other via multiplayer and your game lacks the modern convenience of online multiplayer. It doesn't bode too well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Gamestop is doing a thing where, if you have star fox 64:3D, you can go there and play it there, at gamestop with other people.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Gamestop is doing a thing where, if you have star fox 64:3D, you can go there and play it there, at gamestop with other people.
    On the one hand, that's cool... on the other hand, "Eww... Gamestop." The one in my town literally smells of dirty clothes after gym class.

I think local multiplayer will always be a staple of gaming... 2 friends, 2 controllers, 1 system, there you go (in the original Mario-Kart, screen-peeking wasn't called 'being a ****', it was called 'strategy' ). However, with gaming becoming a solitary pursuit for some, I think going online to find a partner/opponent should always be offered as an option. Especially with hand-held systems.

I also have to agree with Yuber on this one... I'm not a fan of all the re-packaging of "classic" games. These could be offered as "oh, look what else this system can do"... however, I wouldn't buy a new console (to the tune of a couple hundred $$$ ) to play games from the last two decades. For that, I hit up pawn shops and rummage sales.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.