Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books based off games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Books based off games

i was wondering what books out there based off of games that you would love to read or already have read. Me? i would love to read Dante's Inferno and the Resident Evil books.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

I know that the megami tensei games are based on books

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    i was wondering what books out there based off of games that you would love to read or already have read. Me? i would love to read Dante's Inferno and the Resident Evil books.
    Dantes Inferno is NOT based off the game.
    Its been around for 100+ years.....

Thanks
    EP Points

I heard that halo has a novel, but idk if it's good. and I doubt you'd ever want to read a book of Pokemon.....
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZuNinja View Post
    I heard that halo has a novel, but idk if it's good. and I doubt you'd ever want to read a book of Pokemon.....
    Manga, and TONS of it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Some RE novels can be found here, if you really want to read them:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p....D.-Perry-MU-*

And then you have Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy, even tho the Dante's Inferno game has nothing much to do with it.

Thanks

Pokémon has a ton of manga and cartoons, but no traditional books as far as I know.
    Dante's Inferno has a book, guess what the game was based off.
    RE also has novels, I imagine you can find them on Amazon if you want physical copies.
    There's also a Halo novel IIRC, I'm not sure if it's good though.

Conclusion, a quick Google should give you all you need.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Try around 690 years, give or take a few. And Inferno is only a single part of a larger work.

I almost killed something in a fit of rage after reading that particular bit of the first post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Try around 690 years, give or take a few. And Inferno is only a single part of a larger work.

I almost killed something in a fit of rage after reading that particular bit of the first post.
    I bet in a few decades there will be children thinking that The Lord of the Rings started with the movies.

Anyway, only game-based book I've read are the Vampire: The Masquerade novels. Although they're aren't based on video games, but a PnP game, but it still counts. Sorta.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post

I said 100+, so i was still right

Thanks
    EP Points

persona 3 and 4 have a manga

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i was wondering what books out there based off of games that you would love to read or already have read. Me? i would love to read Dante's Inferno...
    You make Baby Jesus cry. No, seriously, they can hear him all the way to Cocytus and back.

I think I read one of the Mass Effect books when I saw it in the library. It was OK, I guess, considering it's still a licensed work even if it's from the writer of the game itself. There was the Alpha Centauri trilogy as well, which was kind of interesting.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only books based off a game that I have read are the DOOM books from back in 1994.

I picked up the first two (Knee Deep in the Dead and Hell on Earth) back in 1998 or so, and read them while I was camping over the summer. When I finally had enough money to go out and buy the last two (Infernal Sky and End Game), they had discontinued them.

I spent the next... six years, give or take... hunting down every single used book store I could find, trying to find those two books. I think I finally found them sometime in early 2005. They were out of print, extremely rare, and Infernal Sky alone was going for about $60 on eBay. End Game was usually around the same price. I wanted to read them, but not that badly. I found a copy of Infernal Sky at a used book store in town here, and a copy of End Game about a week later at a used bookstore in a nearby town. I was so happy, I had finally finished collecting the novels.

A few months later, DOOM 3 was released. And, to celebrate it's release... they re-issued the novels. You could find them in every book store across the continent for a while. I was kind of choked.

Anyways. I don't know why I felt like telling that story. If you're interested, I'm sure you could download a PDF of them somewhere, or something to that effect. They are... interesting, but the last two novels deviate a fair bit from the series and really get into life after death and religious topics, particularly Mormonism. Still, it's a somewhat interesting science fiction twist that they put on it, and I really enjoyed them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    sorry bout that. that was a mistake on my part. i know that dante's inferno was originally a book derived from the epic poem. i guess i meant vise versa also. games bases off books
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

I have .hack//Cell, .hack//AI Buster 1 and 2, .hack//Another Birth 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Novels) and all of the .hack mangas except fot .hack//Quantum + and .hack//Link.