Thread: problems with installing game to hard drive

Thanks
    EP Points

Default problems with installing game to hard drive

my star ocean 4 first disk has residue on it (bought it used, said it was resurfaced). when i download it, it doesnt past 14-18% and when i try to play it, it gives me an disk not read error when i am in the space ship (on lemuris). now i tried cleaning with toothpaste and that just made it worse and i am wondering if its possible to download the game from the computer, put it on the hard drive and put the disk in if that would work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    my star ocean 4 first disk has residue on it (bought it used, said it was resurfaced). when i download it, it doesnt past 14-18% and when i try to play it, it gives me an disk not read error when i am in the space ship (on lemuris). now i tried cleaning with toothpaste and that just made it worse and i am wondering if its possible to download the game from the computer, put it on the hard drive and put the disk in if that would work.
    Could you reword this I cant understand what your getting at other than you put toothpaste on a disc.

Is it a PC Game or PS3 / 360? you would need to give us better and more clear description of what is the problem

Thanks
    EP Points

its an xbox360 game, i used my cleaning kit and toothpaste to try to get it to download and read past 18% but its not. there is residue on the outside of the disk and its not comming off, actually looks like miniture scratches but i dont know. now i want to know if i download the game iso, put it on the 360 and put the disk in if it will work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

its an xbox360 game, i used my cleaning kit and toothpaste to try to get it to download and read past 18% but its not. there is residue on the outside of the disk and its not comming off, actually looks like miniture scratches but i dont know. now i want to know if i download the game iso, put it on the 360 and put the disk in if it will work.
    So, instead of returning it, you fucked it over more. Good job.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No that wont work unless your xbox is JTagged or Softmodded. try to return the disk is your only course of action unless you take it to a disc repair place to get it done properly

Edit: you also do know the Toothpaste "trick" only works with White toothpaste not the gel one right?

Thanks
    EP Points

funny thing is, this disk is cleaner than my other ones yet it doesnt read and they do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

funny thing is, this disk is cleaner than my other ones yet it doesnt read and they do.
    I Still say the only thing you can really do is return it

(Clean the toothpaste off 1st)

Thanks

return it, dont use toothpaste on cd's most have abrasives in them even if it doesnt have baking soda in it

Thanks
    EP Points

honestly, i think the toothpaste actually did make it worse lol. and i think there is a problem, the very center ring (with the lines) has a crack through it. and i can see light through the sticker

Thanks
    EP Points

honestly, i think the toothpaste actually did make it worse lol. and i think there is a problem, the very center ring (with the lines) has a crack through it. and i can see light through the sticker
    If the crack goes into the data on the disc, bam there's your problem.

Return that shit to the shop you got it from and hope they don't realise it smells minty.

And no you can't download it from the internet to get it to work.

Thanks
    EP Points

before i return it i will see if i can use my friends game first.cant believe i forgot lol. one thing i love about ps3, blue ray is harder to scratch!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, basically, if there's damage to the sticker on the disc, you can't use it. Simple as. Hope they'll refund you.

Thanks
    EP Points

before i return it i will see if i can use my friends game first.cant believe i forgot lol. one thing i love about ps3, blue ray is harder to scratch!
    Blurays are harder to scratch yes, but they crack in the centre just as easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

well, the data on the disk shouldnt matter, as long as it verifys that i have the disk and its downloaded right? can i ask if anyone has a copy they are willing to part with for a little? and i mean alittle as in i will send it back out after its done downloading. my friend sold his copy lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well the data on the disc may matter but i still dont see why you dont just return it and if needed borrow the other from your friend for a while till you finish it