Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dancing with the Devil by the Pale Moonlight (Drageuth plays Batman)*

Thanks

WOW! You really slayed this game, drageuth! Thanks for posting your vids. It was very cool and nostalgiac to see. You earned some rep, just there!

Thanks

I enjoyed watching this. I never played the NES game, but when I was younger I had the Gameboy (grey brick) batman, and this made me wanna play it again....I remember that game kicking my ass....

I do wonder, though, if there is some way you could incorporate the no-clip trick you use on lvl 4 boss against the lvl 3 boss. If he jumps back and forth regardless of where you are, it seems likely.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In theory, yes, but I haven't been able to pull it off properly yet. He doesn't jump straight across the screen when you're right next to him, he'll more just jump straight up. He still swipes with his giant sword thing, which keeps screwing me up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Nice, inspired me to play this again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updated main post. New time: 13:58.371

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

New best time: 12:14

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    New best time: 12:14

Damn man, I remember when you just got into Batman again and clawed your way through, now you're tearing this game apart. What's the world record do you know? I think at this rate you could actually beat it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Damn man, I remember when you just got into Batman again and clawed your way through, now you're tearing this game apart. What's the world record do you know? I think at this rate you could actually beat it.
    If I keep practicing and start adopting some more of the speedrunners more "risky" strategies, as well as mastering certain jump techniques and a couple of new boss strats, I bet I could break 11 minutes. The world record at the moment is 10:19, but during the last AGDQ, dxtr (the speedrunner) stated that he got a new record of 10:11 back in October. I haven't seen the video for it, though -- he got really lucky and managed to "glitch" the last 6 seconds of the game. If Joker's kill animation begins the exact moment that one of his lightning bolts hits the ground, it'll skip the portion where he struggles to get up and fails, and just jump straight to the end credits, saving a lot of time.

So, I doubt I'll ever be able to beat that time. And really, I would be shocked if anyone can beat that time, 'cept for maybe getting a time of 10:10. This game is pretty much optimized to maximum performance by a human being, although there are a couple of TAS speedruns that are under the 10 minute mark.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    If I keep practicing and start adopting some more of the speedrunners more "risky" strategies, as well as mastering certain jump techniques and a couple of new boss strats, I bet I could break 11 minutes. The world record at the moment is 10:19, but during the last AGDQ, dxtr (the speedrunner) stated that he got a new record of 10:11 back in October. I haven't seen the video for it, though -- he got really lucky and managed to "glitch" the last 6 seconds of the game. If Joker's kill animation begins the exact moment that one of his lightning bolts hits the ground, it'll skip the portion where he struggles to get up and fails, and just jump straight to the end credits, saving a lot of time.

So, I doubt I'll ever be able to beat that time. And really, I would be shocked if anyone can beat that time, 'cept for maybe getting a time of 10:10. This game is pretty much optimized to maximum performance by a human being, although there are a couple of TAS speedruns that are under the 10 minute mark.
    Ah that's a damn shame then. Still super impressive, regardless of glitched world records.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Impressive Drag, you make it look like as if it were easy. You are the goddamn Batman! :O

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Ah that's a damn shame then. Still super impressive, regardless of glitched world records.
    I've had the same thing happen to me twice in about the 100 times I've finished this game over the last few days. It's completely random -- I would love to be able to time for it, but it's basically completely up to chance.

Anyways, new video coming up.

New time: 11:50.4, with a massive fuckup on the first boss and a minor fuckup on the fourth, which means it's possible with my current strat to easily get within the 11:30-40 range.