Thread: need help.... (running emulators on PSP console)

Thanks

Default need help.... (running emulators on PSP console)

alright im new to this but... everytime i try and put gba or snes emulator on my psp it will show up fine but then when i click on it it tells me its corrupted can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by frankyj View Post
    alright im new to this but... everytime i try and put gba or snes emulator on my psp it will show up fine but then when i click on it it tells me its corrupted can anyone give me a hand please?
    Is your PSP on a custom firmware?

Could you post your Firmware (its in the system info, inside your psp's settings), what psp you have, and if you do have Custom firmware any plugins you have running.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, try to title your thread in a more descriptive way to help people help you.

Moved to the Sony Section.

Thanks

Is it the emulator that is giving you trouble, or the ROM?

If it's the latter, make extra-sure you uncompress the game. I made that mistake once and had similar problems. Took about an hour for me to figure out why they weren't working, I felt like an idiot.
    Most PC based emulators will run .rar or .zip ROM's, and in my experience Visual Boy Advance and ZSNES seem to even prefer them in some cases, so it isn't unreasonable that your game might be compressed.

Dopefish Lives!

Thanks

If you're not on custom firmware, and you're using OFW like me, you're gonna need the signed version of Half-Byte Loader. That's the only way you're gonna get homebrew/emulators to work.
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Is your PSP on a custom firmware?

Could you post your Firmware (its in the system info, inside your psp's settings), what psp you have, and if you do have Custom firmware any plugins you have running.
    version 6.38. the psp itself is the "psp-3001xms/98908 (or the limited edition grand turismo psp) and i have nothing custom as of right now

Thanks

Yeah, Half-Byte Loader is your best bet since your on official firmware. Google "Half-byte loader signed".
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum