Thread: (epsxe) Persona 2 eternal punishment crashing problems

Thanks

Default (epsxe) Persona 2 eternal punishment crashing problems

Hey everyone

I started playing persona 2: Eternal punishment but roughly after 5 hours of playing my emulator crashes time and time after, most of the times right after a random encounter pops up, which pretty much makes the game unplayable.

Anyone knows what to do?
    I tried running it in both 1.60 and 1.5.2 but same results

the plugins i have been using are
    P.E.O.p.s Software GPU Plugin v1.1.7
    P.E.Op.S. SPU Plugin v1.9
    SaPu's CDR Plugin v1.0

however i dont think its a plugin problem
    I noticed also something else
    if i save and at the next random encounter it crashes, it will crash no matter how many times i load from that save file at the next encounter, unless i delete the iso and unzip it again.Well it may be a problem with the iso and i tried downloading the game from this site, however i cant unpakk it after i download it from the dl section using pakkiso 0.4
    When i try to use it (or drag and drop the game) it opens a command prompt and rapidly closes it before i can see what it is written there.Tried opening a command prompt from before but zero results

Im using windows 7 btw

Thanks for your time reading all this guys, any help is welcome

ps: hope this is the correct section xd
    Last edited by Ringil; 26th-April-2011 at 22:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

This happened to me before. What I think I did was change the plugins.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
    Hey everyone

I started playing persona 2: Eternal punishment but roughly after 5 hours of playing my emulator crashes time and time after, most of the times right after a random encounter pops up, which pretty much makes the game unplayable.

Anyone knows what to do?
    I tried running it in both 1.60 and 1.5.2 but same results

the plugins i have been using are
    P.E.O.p.s Software GPU Plugin v1.1.7
    P.E.Op.S. SPU Plugin v1.9
    SaPu's CDR Plugin v1.0

however i dont think its a plugin problem
    I noticed also something else
    if i save and at the next random encounter it crashes, it will crash no matter how many times i load from that save file at the next encounter, unless i delete the iso and unzip it again.Well it may be a problem with the iso and i tried downloading the game from this site, however i cant unpakk it after i download it from the dl section using pakkiso 0.4
    When i try to use it (or drag and drop the game) it opens a command prompt and rapidly closes it before i can see what it is written there.Tried opening a command prompt from before but zero results

Im using windows 7 btw

Thanks for your time reading all this guys, any help is welcome

ps: hope this is the correct section xd
    When you say save, do you mean save states/quick saves or in-game saves? If the former, it's suggested to not use them, because they can cause issues (and since it saves the state of the emulator, it can lead to the same issue every time).

Thanks

Dont actually remember which of the 2 it was, i remember using them both trying to solve the problem

I tried changing my cdr plugins and switched to a cdrPeops 1.0.0.4 which actually worked for almost an hour (usually i had crashes every ~5 mins) but after that it crashed again

Thanks

sorry for the double post, but i tried a bunch of different plugins and downloading the game from the download section (managed to unpakk the .ecm) and unfortunately it still crashes

any other ideas guys?