Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN Status Update: Stolen Information Detailed, more

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    What was their fucking security? Windows Firewall and AVG Free?
    Sony being Sony, it was probably a small Japanese child with a bad case of rickets and a rape whistle.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol sony

also

lol next gen

seriously, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to allow servers to store credit card info?

Thanks

I really don't need this shit right now... fuck, I don't think ANYONE needs this shit right now. I sure do hope they straighten this out somehow, and I hope that not having logged on for the past 6 months will put me in the clear.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Sony being Sony, it was probably a small Japanese child with a bad case of rickets and a rape whistle.
    Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    lol sony

also

lol next gen

seriously, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to allow servers to store credit card info?
    It has nothing to do with this gen, many online shops store it too and massive security breaches leaking cc info has affected other big companies too before Sony.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It has nothing to do with this gen, many online shops store it too and massive security breaches leaking cc info has affected other big companies too before Sony.
    still, it's the first time this happen in gaming

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    My issue isn't so much the fact that information has been breached, although that is a worry. The problem here is they clearly knew this was a possibility from the moment they took PSN offline, yet it's taken them a week to inform their customers of the fact. It's unprofessional and it's downright cowardly. They've fucked up here and they know it.

Thanks
    EP Points

bah sony, y must u make everything get worse and worse

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Honestly, I agree they should have said it was possible from day one, but then I figured it was anyway. That said, I wonder (and I'm likely wrong) if they wanted to confirm that some accounts WERE compromised before stating that others could be, thus the hiring of a different firm to help investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    My account had no money on either.

The fact Sony could even allow something like this to happen in the first place has put me off them altogether.

Anyone want a 120GB PS3 slim with 50 games?
    Yeah, because no other network can be hacked and have your account compromised. Nope

edit: Seriously though, those members that had CC info on the account: I hope it wasn't stolen.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 26th-April-2011 at 21:57.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I'll be a happy gamer once again as soon as PSN is back and I can change my password. It doesn't seem like Sony think that the CC info was stolen but they are telling people to keep an eye open for shady transactions just in case.

Shit happens.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is why I never really use any form of online transaction. Online shopping has never been secure, and probably never will be.

PSN cards everywhere.

Also, people actually used their real names and addresses when signing up?

Silly people.

Thanks

What scares me is, if someone has been able to steal your account password, that means Sony are storing it as plain text.. what kind of company does that? They should be hashed before theyre stored. There's not much a "hacker" can do with your PSN id and an SHA hash..

@Raype - you sound like my grandpa. Online transactions can be safe, but are only as secure as you make them. Sony are just showing they didn't pay much attention to security.. but if your point is that 3rd parties can't be trusted with your personal information, I kinda agree with you

/rant

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ollieisamuppet View Post
    What scares me is, if someone has been able to steal your account password, that means Sony are storing it as plain text.. what kind of company does that? They should be hashed before theyre stored. There's not much a "hacker" can do with your PSN id and an SHA hash..

@Raype - you sound like my grandpa. Online transactions can be safe, but are only as secure as you make them. Sony are just showing they didn't pay much attention to security.. but if your point is that 3rd parties can't be trusted with your personal information, I kinda agree with you

/rant
    That made me wonder, so I did a quick search. Not saying it'd be easy, but based on the search if somebody wanted to, it seems they could decrypt a hash without TOO much trouble (or perhaps I looked for the wrong kind?), so while hashing may delay, it wouldn't prevent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never put any credit card info, or anythng like that on there.

Shitty deal that personal info was released.

Thanks

I had a PSN account for like a week on my roommate's PS3.

Never bought a damn thing

If (see: when) this happens to Live, I'll be panicking, thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    I had a PSN account for like a week on my roommate's PS3.

Never bought a damn thing

If (see: when) this happens to Live, I'll be panicking, thank you.
    Wasn't it hacked, at least partially, back in 2007?

Kevin Finisterre, a security researcher at Digital Munition, raised the issue on the Full Disclosure mailing list over the weekend, calling attention to rumors that Microsoft's Bungie.net was the victim of a breach that exposed a portion of Xbox Live
    Or is that info wrong?