Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All...I Need Help With An Emulator...

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

Default Hello All...I Need Help With An Emulator...

Well first of all i'm new, so hey!But could anyone help me with an emulator problem?I want to get a N64 Emu and i heard that project 64 is the best one...but i can't seem to get it to work...can someone help me configure it?It keeps telling me i need Direct X and i already have it...so what should i do?

chii Guest

which version of directX do you have? DirectX 8 is the newest version
    and what are your system specs?

Thanks

I'm sure that the newest version is DirectX 8.1. You can download it from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dir...oads/drx81.asp

Make sure you download the right one for your version of windows (don't need to download for Windows XP).

To check which version of DirectX you have go to the Start Menu, click Run, and type in dxdiag and click OK. You should get a window, and somewhere under System Information, it will tell you what version you have. You can also check under the other tabs to check for problems.

BTW, system specs would help out a lot.

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

Well i have direct X 8.1, and my OS is Windows Xp so i shouldn't, andi can't upgrade it.My comp is a Hp Pavilion with Intel Graphics controller and celeron prossesor, and i have 33.2 gigs of space...if you need any more specs let me know....and thanks for helping

Thanks

Do other programs requiring DirectX 8.1 work? For example, does ZSnes work? If they do work, try re-downloading Project 64. I think that the newest version is Project 64 1.5 beta1. If they do not work either, I guess your DirectX 8.1 is messed.

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

I have MAME a NES a SNES and a Sega Emulator and all of those work fine...

JadeSaber Guest

"I have MAME a NES a SNES and a Sega Emulator"

Some of those may not need DirectX. I am not sure about MAME even though I have MAME32. Are you using the newest version of ZSNES for Windows? If not, you might want to try it if only to see if your DirectX is working.
    If that is ok and the newest version of PJ64 still isn't working, maybe you need some kind of plugin. For that, you need someone else to help you besides me. Maybe someone can suggest something, but until they do you can try going to EmuHelp.com.

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

I have ZNES and seems to work fine...when i try to play a game on project 64 it says i need to configure my direct3d...???

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

ok wait, now my PJ 64 is working, but theres graphics missing when i play games...whats going on with this?There like letters and stuff missing, and blocks in place of things

SomeUserGuy Guest

Originally posted by StraTTtheRippeR
    ok wait, now my PJ 64 is working, but theres graphics missing when i play games...whats going on with this?There like letters and stuff missing, and blocks in place of things
    make sure the rom is compatible with pj64.

Thanks

Which ROM are you playing? Anyways, I'm not surprised - there are lots of problems with PJ64 - at least, that's what I found with my computer.

JadeSaber Guest

Yeah, and it could be your video card too. PJ64 gives my ATi Rage the "black mario" problem with Mario 64.
    Why don't you try plug-ins or another emulator? If you can get it to work with your system, SupraHLE works really well with some of the more popular games. I would highly suggest this if you have a 3Dfx card like any of the VooDoo cards. If not, then find out exactly what you do have and see if you can get glide plug-ins to work with what you have.
    You may also try the 1964 emulator.

But let's go back to one basic thing: What ROM are you trying to run that isn't working properly? Some of them just won't work or only half work no matter what you have.

Let's face it, if you want the best, you have to go hunt for it in the bargain bins for the real thing.

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

Well i do have an N64 but some of the games i want i can't get in my area...anyway the only ROM i have so far is Road Rash 64.Do you guys know a ROM that does work with pj64?

Thanks

Default Zelda Majora's Mask

Hey, your asking about working roms for the PJ64 ehh?
    well, Zelda MM works i know that, and i have a friend that has
    Kirby, Harvest moon, ... and well, lots of other games, so yeah they work fine on his computer... so try those.
    the only problem that i noticed with Zelda is that some times the screen goes one color, and i have to move in order to see again. just mess with the plugins and you should get it to work fine.:hypocrite
    "Learn a new language gain a new soul"
    -Wizdom from a fortune cookie.-
    "The only thing tragic about coming from a hard life, is not learning anything from it."
    -Taylor-

StraTTtheRippeR Guest

Are there any plugins i should add?