Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wii 2 is 'Project Café'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unnoticedninja View Post
    I really think Nintendo should go with at least 1gb of ram, considering it's fairly cheap for pc's right now, it shouldn't be too expensive for the next wii to feature it. Considering that Sony always goes with the tech route, I wouldn't be surprised if the next PlayStation (anywhere from 2-8 years from now is my guess) will have at least 4gb of ram, so Nintendo should release earlier than both consoles and be close to twice as powerful or more than the 360 or PS3. The only thing I'm worried about graphic-wise in the next few years is that if it gets any closer to being realistic is that the artists who do graphics for games will take a lot more time making graphics and games will take anywhere from an extra 6 months to a year to make a game. The gap for Final Fantasy games could be huge (but considering how much they improve graphics for each game, maybe it won't affect Square). In the next decade, I hope as the power gap gets shorter for each console, developers will focus on making better games than graphics (not that some good games aren't being made, it just seems like in the SNES and PSX days more great games were made than now.) This is just my opinion, feel free to debate it.
    I agree. Too much focus on pretty eye candy, not much being done with story or game play and stuff.

And yeah, Nintendo should future proof a bit more if the other two companies aren't releasing any new consoles soon.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by johnxfire View Post
    I agree. Too much focus on pretty eye candy, not much being done with story or game play and stuff.

And yeah, Nintendo should future proof a bit more if the other two companies aren't releasing any new consoles soon.
    IIRC, Sony said they are in for the long hull, via 10 years. Who knows about M$ though. atleast Cafe will have graphics from 360+ to beyond PS3, so they should be fine in that department. I just hope with that, the Cafe won't get shoddy ports like the wii did. as much as I like the wii, since its the only one i own, it wasn't taken seriously until 2010. the wii got passed up on a main RE game and dead Space game, because it was too weak. even Dead Space 2 for the wii got canned, yes, they were making DS2 for the wii. anyway, i hope Cafe has better games.

supposedly, Grand Theft Auto 5, is a Cafe launch title. I hope the Cafe launch titles will do better than the wii's. I think launch titles paint the picture of what the system is. For example, Ps360 had hardcore game(s) when they launched, the wii had wii sports & carnival games.
    atleast with the 3ds, it has a ton of "hardcore" games. although they are just ports, but still a good launch line up for those who don't already have/or played Rayman 2 or SSF4. The launch window looks even better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any one else find humor in the fact that while the other companies are trying to be more like nintendo, nintendo is now trying to be more like sony, who were clearly trying to be like microsoft, who have since attempted to be more like previous era sony?

I'll see myself out.

Thanks
    EP Points

And then SEGA suddenly decide to release the Uranus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Any one else find humor in the fact that while the other companies are trying to be more like nintendo, nintendo is now trying to be more like sony, who were clearly trying to be like microsoft, who have since attempted to be more like previous era sony?

I'll see myself out.
    thus proving console wars will never end......
    I can't believe nintendos pulling this shit now...after i went n got a wii...............them greedy bastards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Leaked Images of controller?!
    Real or Fake?...:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Real or Fake?...
    Real or fake I feel like that controller would be god damn massive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This seems possible considering it looks like a GC and snes controller mash-up with a massive screen, but I think its way too soon for Nintendo to be working on a new console...They made the 3DS though, so these photos may very well be real. Conceptual, but real.

Thanks
    EP Points

Extra controllers are gonna cost $129 each, easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Real or Fake?...:

I'm going with fake. The design looks too logical and simplistic for nintendo.

Plus it's pretty much a 360 controller with a huge ass screen plastered in the middle of it.

Which seems all kinds of wrong.

Thanks

IIRC, Sony said they are in for the long hull, via 10 years. Who knows about M$ though. atleast Cafe will have graphics from 360+ to beyond PS3, so they should be fine in that department. I just hope with that, the Cafe won't get shoddy ports like the wii did. as much as I like the wii, since its the only one i own, it wasn't taken seriously until 2010. the wii got passed up on a main RE game and dead Space game, because it was too weak. even Dead Space 2 for the wii got canned, yes, they were making DS2 for the wii. anyway, i hope Cafe has better games.

supposedly, Grand Theft Auto 5, is a Cafe launch title. I hope the Cafe launch titles will do better than the wii's. I think launch titles paint the picture of what the system is. For example, Ps360 had hardcore game(s) when they launched, the wii had wii sports & carnival games.
    atleast with the 3ds, it has a ton of "hardcore" games. although they are just ports, but still a good launch line up for those who don't already have/or played Rayman 2 or SSF4. The launch window looks even better.
    I agree with your points, but I still think they need to up the ante a bit in the technical side. Come on, R700? R800! Come on!

Microsoft and Sony might just be waiting to see what the hell Nintendo will do to mess up people's heads this time 'round. But yeah, I do remember Sony saying that the PS3 will stay around longer than the previous consoles.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

Wii Successor Confirmed for 2012:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6310161...es%3Btitle%3B1