Quote Originally Posted by unnoticedninja View Post
I really think Nintendo should go with at least 1gb of ram, considering it's fairly cheap for pc's right now, it shouldn't be too expensive for the next wii to feature it. Considering that Sony always goes with the tech route, I wouldn't be surprised if the next PlayStation (anywhere from 2-8 years from now is my guess) will have at least 4gb of ram, so Nintendo should release earlier than both consoles and be close to twice as powerful or more than the 360 or PS3. The only thing I'm worried about graphic-wise in the next few years is that if it gets any closer to being realistic is that the artists who do graphics for games will take a lot more time making graphics and games will take anywhere from an extra 6 months to a year to make a game. The gap for Final Fantasy games could be huge (but considering how much they improve graphics for each game, maybe it won't affect Square). In the next decade, I hope as the power gap gets shorter for each console, developers will focus on making better games than graphics (not that some good games aren't being made, it just seems like in the SNES and PSX days more great games were made than now.) This is just my opinion, feel free to debate it.
I agree. Too much focus on pretty eye candy, not much being done with story or game play and stuff.

And yeah, Nintendo should future proof a bit more if the other two companies aren't releasing any new consoles soon.