Thread: The Gear Thread: Post Your Rig Here!

Thanks
    EP Points

Arrow The Gear Thread: Post Your Rig Here!

As the title implies, this is where to post pictures of your music gear for all to see. Guitarists, bass players, drummers, keyboardists, chiptuners (hi, Jazz! ), musicians of any stripe... if it makes music, you can post it here.

I'll get things rolling:
    (Pics are showing as links... just click the "back" button on your browser to return here after viewing.)

Attachment 24155

My #1 guitar, a Fender 50's Tele re-issue. It was made in '94, but it's got so many road-scars, people ask me what year it is, like it's actually a '57!

Attachment 24152

My 1974 Fender Twin, a "Silverface" with push-pull distortion on the Master Volume (think Neil Young).

Attachment 24154

My pedalboard. Left to right: Boss RC20-XL Loop Station, Marshall Vibratrem, Boss DD-5 Delay w/tap tempo ft. switch (tweed, done by a friend of mine), Marshall Regenerator (Modulation multi-effect... Chorus,Flange, Phase, etc.), Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Behringer 7-band EQ (used for acoustic), Boss CS-2 Compressor (used for saturating the OD box), and Dunlop Crybaby 535Q wah.

Attachment 24151

My bass. A decent P-bass copy made by Kustom. Gets the job done.

Attachment 24150

Finally, my drumkit. Got the drums for $75 at a garage sale, bought all new heads, cymbals and stands afterward. Made new bass drum spurs from threaded rod and rubber chair feet. Got about $350 into it altogether. Sounds good to my ears.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 15th-April-2011 at 18:09.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, one more from me, then it's someone else's turn.

This is my main acoustic... A Yamaha FG-400 that I jokingly call my "dumpster guitar". Somebody was literally gonna throw it in a dumpster, when I said "HEY! I'll take it before you break it!" I cleaned it up, and used parts from other (dead) guitars to make this one playable. It turned out to be one of the best I've ever played... super low action, minimal buzzing, and crisp, sweet tone.

Attachment 24156

OK, who's got next?
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 16th-April-2011 at 05:40.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks

Sweet set up, Rockstar! I don't have pics at the moment, but I'll post some later on.

My current gear is. .

Electric: Squier Strat (SP-10 Kit, ~2000) Pretty good beginner guitar. The tone is fine, not absolute tripe. Actually much better than the other, higher priced beginner guitars in my country. The pickup selector is getting iffy though, and I'm looking to get a humbucker guitar to go along with this. Probably an Epiphone Xplorer, if I can find (and afford) one.

Acoustic: Fernando I-don't-know-what. Obscure brand from Korea, but the build quality is good. The sound is also great. It has a connection for amps and speakers, plus a built in tuner that is pretty accurate. A really good guitar for the cost.

Amp: Roland Cube 30x. Real sweet amp. Makes the Squier Strat sound good. The pre-amps/modeled amps are awesome. The built-in effects are useful, but definitely not good if you want lots of control. The delay and reverb are really weak though, so I'd suggest getting a pedal.

Effects: I only have 1 pedal, the HM-10 from a local brand I think. (Heavy Metal pedal.) Sucked. Bought it only because my friend said it was good. He has horrible taste.

I'm planning to buy a delay, I've been wanting to since I bought my electric ~2 years ago. I've been playing for ~3 years, by the way. I'd say I'm pretty good, but no pro.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!