Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvement hopes for Mass Effect 3

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Improvement hopes for Mass Effect 3

With Mass Effect 3 on it's way, expectations are high. What improvements would you like to see?
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks
    EP Points

Get rid of mineral scanning. And driving sequences. Yeah, vanilla ME2 didn't have them, but some of the DLC (Firewalker?) did. And it was pretty bleh. Not sure what else to say. I liked ME2 the way it was.

I certainly hope they don't bring back the inventory system from ME1, though. Some people whined about it being removed, but I was glad to see it go. Because honestly, it was pretty bad.

Thanks

Actually make the sex interactive so fox news can pretend to have integrity again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Get rid of mineral scanning. And driving sequences. Yeah, vanilla ME2 didn't have them, but some of the DLC (Firewalker?) did. And it was pretty bleh. Not sure what else to say. I liked ME2 the way it was.

I certainly hope they don't bring back the inventory system from ME1, though. Some people whined about it being removed, but I was glad to see it go. Because honestly, it was pretty bad.
    I'm with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedroth View Post
    Actually make the sex interactive so fox news can pretend to have integrity again.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 19th-April-2011 at 02:39. Reason: Please don't double post. Just edit your previous post if you have something additional to add.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Be a bit less like every other Bioware game Now before I run for cover in my flame bunker as you all yell troll...

The story Generally is always the same, you must gather others to help save the world / universe

and yer companions are mirror images of the ones on the other game. (The Bitch, The Han Solo, The Innocent one...)

Hope they can Un Cookie Cutter some of it that would be awesome, Not that Bioware is bad nor is Mass Effect or Dragon Age (Hell i own ME1 + 2 and DA:O + Awakening) but in some aspects I cant escape teh feeling im playing the same game again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well if you stray too far from a formula that works, you run the chance of having a game that isn't as good as it could be, case in point: Final Fantasy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhunter View Post
    Well if you stray too far from a formula that works, you run the chance of having a game that isn't as good as it could be, case in point: Final Fantasy.
    then again too much of a good thing can be a bad thing

Im jus saying they could try to do something a lil diff once n a while. im not meaning to be flaming or trolling but when you cant help feeling you played the same game in a diff setting it does dull the experience some at least for me personally. also these are my personal hopes for mass effect 3

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think ME3 should have a larger variety of weapons. I guns!

Thanks
    EP Points

More guns is ok, but adding too many is overkill. You get to the point where you need to switch weapons all the time to deal with specific enemies. Sure, the game pauses while you select weapons, but you lose valuable time while your character goes through the motions of actually changing the weapon he's holding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post

I agree completely! ME2 was great! The vehicle missions weren't as bad as ME1, IMHO. And yes, the inventory shouldn't return. Ever. It was so messy and big and stuff.

Story wise, we should see something different. Not much recruiting, more focus on doing stuff. Also moar Tali stuff. And I hope the decisions really do play a bigger part in 3! Like, much bigger. Story changing bigger, if possible.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Story wise, we should see something different. Not much recruiting, more focus on doing stuff. Also moar Tali stuff. And I hope the decisions really do play a bigger part in 3! Like, much bigger. Story changing bigger, if possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just changing what Shepard says in pointless conversations just doesn't seem good enough anymore.

Thanks

Dangerous waters. If you only get to make big decisions, I bet you'll soon be missing all the tiny little ones. Doing both would be too much development cost, dollars EA isn't going to spend.

I think I'd prefer to still make the tiny choices that add up in the end and define my character rather than just a few big ones. That way they can keep the same formula and give me a better storyline than the "Terminator" ending of ME2.

Thanks

Well, it IS the last game in the trilogy. Our decisions must show some change. . . Instead of just character cameos.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

I would like the buying-armor-items old style RPGs =/ like in ME1 but with a ver. 2.0 inventory menu. The scanning thing was terrible, i would like the farming-with-the-mako again, but with the ME2`s gameplay and key config in the battles ( one key for sprint,cover,jump over barricades and interact). Annnd i wish you could flirt with the add-on characters in the DLCs ( for example: Kasumi in ME2 haha! and Zaeed if you prefer that)

Thanks

The items and inventory wouldn't work IMHO. I like the way ME2 simplified the weapons and armor.

But it's your opinion, so I respect that. The scanning was indeed horrible, but I disliked the farming with the Mako more. That was just. . . Wickedly monotonous for me. :s

Also, I do hope all the characters return, with no recruiting anymore. It's getting old, BioWare! It'd be nice if DLC characters get in too.