Thread: How do you play the gamecube games hosted here?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How do you play the gamecube games hosted here?

So I downloaded Super Smash Bros. Melee. It was in .rar format, so I opened it up and there are around 20 something files, with the extensions .00 .01 .02 .03 and so on to about .26

So, I was like "oh, no problem. I just have to extract the first one, and winRAR will automatically compile them all into one file." Well... that didn't happen. Looking at the NFO it says the game is in .GCM format. So, I tried using a file joining program (hjsplit) and joined the numbered files into one file, and renamed it with the extension .GCM. Dolphin says its an invalid GCM/ISO. So, I tried taking those files and using imgburn to compile them into an ISO. Same problem. How the %*&! do I play gamecube isos??

Btw, i already tried the 7zip method as well. The "combine files" option is grayed out so that doesn't work either...
    Last edited by KajDarkwind; 12th-April-2011 at 05:51.

Thanks

Google & Youtube tutorials are your friends. I will say no more.

You want the "Dolphin Emulator"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by darkjusticex View Post
    You want the "Dolphin Emulator"
    Quote Originally Posted by KajDarkwind View Post
    WINRAR WILL automatically compile them all into one file." Well... that didn't happen.
    DOLPHIN SAYS its an invalid GCM/ISO. How the %*&! do I play gamecube isos??
    ok kaj is a friend of mine i don't emulate game cube so i can't help him i commend you for trying dark justice but look a little closer before you post his post says he is using dolphin
    in your video link the fact that before he extracted the file it looked like books stacked on top of one another means the file is associated with winrar which he has also tried neither worked again i appreciate your trying but this time it is no help to him.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Yeah. Sorry about that. getting sleepy. 3 in the morning where I am. I didn't read it all. That's also why I didn't want to say more.

Thanks
    EP Points

no problem i'm a little tired as well we must be close it's 3:27 here at the moment in KY

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

winrar SHOULD extract them all in one file. i got the same rar from the EP ftp, extracted all the files in one folder, then just right-clicked the first one and chose extract here from the menu, gave me a perfect working iso.
    either your d/l is corrupt or your winrar needs to be updated/reinstalled

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xosmi View Post
    winrar SHOULD extract them all in one file. i got the same rar from the EP ftp, extracted all the files in one folder, then just right-clicked the first one and chose extract here from the menu, gave me a perfect working iso.
    either your d/l is corrupt or your winrar needs to be updated/reinstalled
    Wow... I feel stupid now. I right-clicked on the sc-ssbm.001, went to the 7-zip tab, and chose extract here. It worked. Sorry for making a topic about this. I've never encountered a zip file in .001 format that didn't automatically assemble itself when extracted from the original .rar. My bad guys.