Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what sorta music does peeples like here?

Mourning Star Guest

Default Re: Hard Rock, Classic Rock,. Rock

Originally posted by Mafia
    Rock(Hard, Classic, Alternative) and Metal....bands like KISS, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendrix, Nirvana, Nickelback, Linkin Park, KoRn, Rage against the Machine, P.O.D., Blindside...

I ABSOLUTELY HATE POP!!! And EMINEM!!!!!!DIE EMINEM DIE!
    What? Linkin Park and POD are pop; popular, anyone with no taste will listen to, zero socially redeeming value, 100% pure teen angst.
    You can tell by the lead singer's hair color and tattoos that he is very ON THE EDGE. Kinda like how Vanilla Ice was considered charismatic, deep, and edgy by 14 year olds in 1992.

Linkin Park music:
    ANTS ARRRRRRRRRRRRE IN MY PANTS
    CHEWING ON A CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB
    I"M A BIG BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BYYYYYYYYYY
    AND MY SONGS ARE DUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

100% teen angst set to tragically formulatic guitar riffs played through a piano soundboard that every street band has..w00t.

Jin Long Guest

Eminem isn't that bad. "The Real Slim Shady" and "Without Me" are really funny.

Thanks

Originally posted by BAD JIM 1STROKE
    Huh? I din't say anything about not liking your other topic, I just didn't want you to write "THIS WAS ALL JIMMY'S IDEA" in it.

I like punk and ska, especially:
    Anti-Flag, The Ramones, Less than Jake, A New Found Glory, Fenix tx, Goldfinger, The Aquabats, Greenday, Lagwagon, Guttermouth, Lit, Blink 182, Zebrahead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Mest, Millencolin, Midtown, MxPx (mmmmmmmm), Nofx, Rancid, The Ataris, Propaghandi, No Use for a Name, The Living End, Social Distortion (I heard of them from Sickboy, where has he been recently?) and the Get up Kids.
    Holy CRAP! Those are like the exact same bands I listen to! Except I listen to Techno and Trance as well.

EGGO: I was comparing you to Alice Deejay. Very Similar sound, though I'd have to say I like most of your stuff more. "Summer Night Out" is like the best Heavy Trance/Dance song I've ever heard. Keep up the good work m8.

Thanks

I'm sure Mafia was talking about the pop "pop". POD and Linkin Park are both pop rock. I would have to agree with you on the teen angst part, though. Although I must respect other's taste in music...

Danflor92 Guest

KnightOfNachos They Might Be Giants are a totally kick ass group tho they are a little strange Older is a good song. also classic rock is the best AC/DC, Def Leppard, Led Zepplin, Guns N' Roses, Billy Thorpe, ZZ Top. And some new stuff like Saliva, Disterb, Staind, Godsmack, Soundgarden, Defualt, Tenacious D. But i cant stand P.O.D. or Linkin Park or that punk rap crap where they say F**k every other word

Danflor92 Guest

i've never really thot about it but i like that kick ass music too

Thanks

What do people have against punk? People who bad-mouth it have probably only heard crappy punk-wannabe songs, or just haven't bothered listening to it before, and assume that it's all a bunch of no-talents swearing loudly. It isn't. Download a few songs from the punk artists I stated, and see if you like them. If not, then you can tell me for sure that you hate punk. Ska is cool too.

Then again, I like listening to songs called "Kill kill kill", "F*** everyone", and "Teenage Lobotomy" so you may not wanna hear my opinion .

XKR has exquisite taste .

Thanks

GIMME A D

GIMME A J

DJ !! DEEEEEEE JAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
    DJ.

hey what genra is they might be giants , and less than jim ?

Leeeeessssten too goood muuusiiiccc

like Juno Reactor !!! eet eeeez numbar vaan !
    'The mark of my Dignity shall scar thy DNA'

Thanks

Hmm, what genre is they TMBG? Uhh, I'll have to check. They're so different, it's hard to say... I guess they're sort of alternative, sort of punk, sort of, well, lots of things. You'll have to listen to them to know. I would recommend "Particle Man", "Instanbul", "Dr. Worm" "Birdhouse in your Soul" "The Sun is a Mass of Incadescant Gas"...and lots of others

Mafia Guest

Thumbs down BAH!

Mourning Star, I wasn't asking for a damn flame...okay, that whole P.O.D. and Linkin Park are Pop????!!!! That's a bunch of B.S. alright? Just because they are popular doesn't mean they are Pop, what I mean by Pop is Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, and all that crap...

I listen to P.O.D. because they make good music, send a good message, and i can connect to most of their songs... They're a christian band, and I am also Christian, but I don't listen to them just because they are christian either...AND they don't even mutter the four letter "F" word

Linkin Park I listen to because they make good music, and I can connect to maybe 1 or 2 of their songs (In The End, and Crawling) those are the only songs I listen to by them, and they don't even say the word F**K in those songs.

And this "Teenage Angst" your trying to say, okay most other people, yeah that's alot of the "reason" why they listen to certain bands but not me, I don't fall into that category or norm or whatever, I listen to music for what it is, or what it says(if I like it)

Glacian and danflor92 have awesome taste I must say, Classic Rock is the best!

I'm done my talk...for now.

Thanks

Don't feel insulted, Mafia. He seems to do that to everyone, it's just his way.

Thanks

No worries man take it lightly , after all he can express himself

but no matter what we ALL respect you and the music you listen to

GROUP HUGE EVERYBODY ...

Thanks

Group huge? Sorry, I don't want to be a part of whatever that's going to be.

Thanks

AHH afraid ofthe big bad boogie man..

come here and
    Gimme a HUGe

Thanks

Default Re: BAH!

Glacian and danflor92 have awesome taste I must say, Classic Rock is the best!

I'm done my talk...for now.

Man, just enjoying music in it's best form...music that one can enjoy and remember... thanks for that man. And I would recommend those bands I mentioned to everyone...
    Last edited by J; 11th-July-2002 at 00:03.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.