Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Underrated games that people say that are that arnt...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Final Fantasy 7.

It obviously does not get enough praise and tribute in the form of killing the first born child of every family. Despite constant crappy sequels, prequels, offshoots and general mainstream discussion, it is still underrated. People just don't seem to understand the godliness of that game, outclassing even the heavens above.
    Hows is this underrated? It was one of the most popular Final Fantasies and still is! If anything it's overrated. The fan base for this game is so large it's a buzz kill for anyone who actually enjoyed the game for what it was and nothing more. Not to mention characters ported to other games like kingdom hearts, not to mention 2 other games based off it one being a prequel, and another being based off Vincent, not to mention a CGI MOVIE!!!

I hope you were being sarcastic otherwise your fanboy praise is shit and is the reason a lot of people have grown to hate the game all together. >.<

As for being on topic, hmm, Brave Fencer Musashi...It's a little bit kiddish and cheezy but that's the beauty of it. It kind of mocks JRPG's which is pretty funny as an inside joke. I would also have to say Swords & Serpents(NES). There's really no recognition of that game. Whenever I mention it, people really don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. There really isn't much of a story except "Reach the bottom and slay the dragon" Ok lets go...It's straight to the point, and in the beginning, during character selections takes on the property of D&D with the rolling of stats. The simplicity of the game is it's strong point.

Thanks

I feel like Earthbound is too "officially" ignored in America. The fact that we never got the first one or the third one shows how invested in it we are. Then again when it comes to fans, you can really see just how invested they are when they go and make full translations like the Mother 3 translation that not only translates the text, but rewords it to something a bit more identifiable/understandable for non-Japanese audiences to make sure that the humor stays funny and the drama stays dramatic.
    And this is a fan translation.

Earthbound is my favorite RPG of all time, if you can't tell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Final Fantasy 7.

It obviously does not get enough praise and tribute in the form of killing the first born child of every family. Despite constant crappy sequels, prequels, offshoots and general mainstream discussion, it is still underrated. People just don't seem to understand the godliness of that game, outclassing even the heavens above.
    if they remade the game and only chnaged things graphicly that would be awesome ff7 is one of my top 5 games and yes it is undershadowed nowadays but back then shhhiitttt......ive also masterd the game inside n out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatZio View Post
    if they remade the game and only chnaged things graphicly that would be awesome ff7 is one of my top 5 games and yes it is undershadowed nowadays but back then shhhiitttt......ive also masterd the game inside n out
    everything you say is like piss in my face

refreshing and golden

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBullsh-t View Post
    Hows is this underrated? It was one of the most popular Final Fantasies and still is! If anything it's overrated. The fan base for this game is so large it's a buzz kill for anyone who actually enjoyed the game for what it was and nothing more. Not to mention characters ported to other games like kingdom hearts, not to mention 2 other games based off it one being a prequel, and another being based off Vincent, not to mention a CGI MOVIE!!!

I hope you were being sarcastic otherwise your fanboy praise is shit and is the reason a lot of people have grown to hate the game all together. >.<

As for being on topic, hmm, Brave Fencer Musashi...It's a little bit kiddish and cheezy but that's the beauty of it. It kind of mocks JRPG's which is pretty funny as an inside joke. I would also have to say Swords & Serpents(NES). There's really no recognition of that game. Whenever I mention it, people really don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. There really isn't much of a story except "Reach the bottom and slay the dragon" Ok lets go...It's straight to the point, and in the beginning, during character selections takes on the property of D&D with the rolling of stats. The simplicity of the game is it's strong point.
    I think he's taking the piss. But you're all still misunderstanding the thread title, so it doesn't really matter.

I was actually thinking about mentioning Brave Fencer Mushashi aswell, but it's still fairly obscure, for a Square game atleast. Also, utter shit, in my opinion.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

count i think i might check this earthbound out.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    Also, utter shit, in my opinion.

Why it gets the praise it does, I'll never know.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

I know, huh? With the bland gameplay and horrible voice acting. Also, the finding people looking like spheres of light is totally stolen from that SNES game. Totally.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

I honestly don't know where to put Terranigma...

It's well loved by the people who know about it, but I'm not sure it's well known.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I think the N64 Castlevania games were underrated. Some people rant on and on about how horrible those games were but, come on, Konami tried their best and overall, it was fairly decent. But, that's just my opinion.

"I got my head checked, by a jumbo jet." Now my dreams and hopes have all came crashing down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBullsh-t View Post
    I am completely serious all the time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dino Crisis, it's overshadowed by its big brother Resident Evil.
    Really though, why the HELL is there no remake of the original Dino Crisis for 360 or PS3? They did that with resident Evil, so why not Dino Crisis?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well Nemesis, actually an original XBOX sequel was made but it was very pitiful. I played it for an hour and I still haven't gotten that hour back. It was such a waste. After that, the Dino Crisis series was never picked up again.

"I got my head checked, by a jumbo jet." Now my dreams and hopes have all came crashing down.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    I think he's taking the piss. But you're all still misunderstanding the thread title, so it doesn't really matter.
    Hmm, I don't think so. Every post in this thread thus far declaring ______ game to be underrated has been perfectly on topic. This topic is like a black hole, that nigh any post can fit into. Because any game that you call out as underrated is immediately accurately (or over) rated by you, and thus qualifies to be in this thread...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Vagrant Story????
    Everyone I know has played it. Not all of them have liked it. But people bring it up like it is a hidden gem, even though it as a greater hit plus rerealeased on PSN.

o0o0o yeah in an episode of South Park "Guitar Queer-O" Stan goes to the game store and it is filled with Okami displays. watch it and you will notice.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.