Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underrated games that people say that are that arnt...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Angry Underrated games that people say that are that arnt...

What games do you think that people still claim that are underrated that really arnt anymore.

2 on my list has to be Psychonaughts and Okami.

Nether of these have been "Underrated" in quite some time Especially Psychonaughts yet some people will always bring it up saying its so underrated. I think at this point everyone and there dog/cat has a copy

Another is Okami... alot of people have been going off about it ever since it was announced for the DS everyone who has a clue about PS2 or NDS knows of the game how is it a Underrated game now?

Can anyone else think of Supposed Underrated games that really arnt at least at this stage.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I really can't think too much because of lack of sleep but I guess you could say some of the older Final Fantasy characters were considered underrated because of all the attention VII and onward was getting but I think the dissidia games did a good job at revitalizing those old characters to be played again by today's youth.

Thanks

The three .hack//GU games are underrated. They don't get enough attention. But if someone actually plays the first one for at least 4 hours, I guaran-damned-tee they won't stop playing until they reach the end of GU 3. Then after that, chances are they will be scouring the internet and gameshops for the rest.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ico comes to mind. It received massive amounts of critical acclaim from the moment it was released, it consistently places on practically every list of the best PS2 titles, and it even got a new lease on life with the success of Shadow of the Colossus, which put it on the radar of a whole bunch of people who had missed it the first time around. Yet somehow it still always seems to be mentioned when the topic of underrated PS2 games comes up. :'D

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never even heard of Ico. Then again, I don't own a PS2. (Yet. )

As for the actual topic... which is a very roundabout confusing sentence, by the by... I can't really think of one. The only thing that comes to mind is Zombies At My Neighbours. I still feel it never got the attention that it deserved, but it rarely comes up on "best of" lists or anything like that because it seems to be taken for granted. Then again, most people who were gamers back in the SNES/Genesis days played that game, and I've never heard anyone say that they didn't like it.

Thanks

THIS THREAD WILL LAST FOR YEARS!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    THIS THREAD WILL LAST FOR YEARS!
    Or at least 2 months before it is reposted with a slightly different topic sentence, and we all post the exact same response. I'm fairly certain I've typed that exact sentence that I just posted in my previous post before. Probably a few times, actually.

Oh, EP. How predictable you are.

Thanks

NIER

Thanks

iv'e probably got no idea what im saying (just woke up) but i thought elite beat agents for the ds was pretty underrated.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Games that people say are underrated but really aren't underrated anymore. Despite people saying they are.

Well, anyways, I dunno. VP?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar The Grouch View Post
    Or at least 2 months before it is reposted with a slightly different topic sentence, and we all post the exact same response. I'm fairly certain I've typed that exact sentence that I just posted in my previous post before. Probably a few times, actually.

Oh, EP. How predictable you are.
    Better than a "Whats your Fav........." Thread

Thanks

how about mugens? if u dont knwo whta they are its a platform where u can customize your fighters and levels alot of people dont knwo about it and people bash it cuz they dont knwo how to make them. very underrated and very awesome!

Thanks

Final Fantasy 7.

It obviously does not get enough praise and tribute in the form of killing the first born child of every family. Despite constant crappy sequels, prequels, offshoots and general mainstream discussion, it is still underrated. People just don't seem to understand the godliness of that game, outclassing even the heavens above.

Thanks

for me its pop n music...I mean why does DDR get all the glory...

pop n is very popular in japan.(just try to get any of the ps2 games/other merchandise cheap.. ^^; )

Thanks

Earthbound, maybe. Not many people I know know about it, but it seems to get decent attention through the internet and emulation.