Thread: FULL PSP CFW for PSP-3000 & Go

Thanks

Default FULL PSP CFW for PSP-3000 & Go

// PS: THIS ALSO WORKS ON ANY PSP-1000/2000 too.

Coldbird has announced his brand-new PSP CFW 6.20 PRO-B4, which has been released and is flashable to all previouse un-hackable motherboards up 5G.

For anybody on the PSP scene this is a Massive breakthrough that was first discovered when coder 'Virtuouse Flame' released a patch for PSP-1000 models that could permanently flash the HEN '6.20 TN-D' into the flash0/1. After a while users became curious as to the possibility of this working on a PSP-3000 & Go, and tested it, risking there models for the scene. After a day reports flew in to PSPGEN and pspslimhacks.com of successful attempts on PSP-3k & Go.

below you will find the downloads and the links to his blog.

NOTE: You will need to have/install System Software 6.20 either by update or downgrade. ( note: if your System Software is 6.37 or higher then you cannot doowngrade )

http://pro.coldbird.eu/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Once downloaded and you have upgraded/downgraded, do this:

1. Extract the '6.20PRO-B4' rar.
    2. Connect your PSP to your PC via USB
    3. Inside the extracted folder you downloaded copy the '620PROUPDATE' to
    ' PSP/GAME ' on your PSP.
    4. Then do the same with the '6.20 Permanent folder.
    5. Exit USB mode, and enter your memory stick via the Game icon on your XMB.
    6. Run the '6.20 Pro Update' and once its loaded press 'X' to install, after
    this you will be prompted to press 'X' once more to re-boot the device into PRO
    7. Once your PSP has re-booted and 6.20 PRO-B4 has been installed, enter
    your memory stick again under Game icon, and run the '6.20 Pro B4 Permanent' EBOOT.
    8. like before press X to permanently flash the cfw, and then again to re-boot once prompted.
    9. Done! enjoy cfw on your PSP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

source: http://blog.coldbird.eu/?p=471

PS: Ill upload a video of me installing the cfw later

MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL SYSTEM SOFTWARE VERSION 6.20 FIRST!!! OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP!

Disclaimer

I 'Zix' am not liable for any damage you cause resulting in the improper use of this Custom Firmware.

/!\ ALSO: Any questions, feel free to ask.

Downloads

6.20 PRO-B4 package

Additional Downloads

System Software 6.20 for PSP-X000
    System Software 6.20 for PSP-Go
    6.35/6.31 Downgrader

Thanks

So wait, you HAVE to be on OFW 6.20 for it to work? I'm running 5.00 M33-6 right now on my old PSP-1000. Should I bother with this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Holy fuck this has gotten complicated. 5.00 M33 was pissy on my PSP with AD-HOC mode, so I went back to 3.6. Now there's 6.XX out?? And it's not as straight forward as when Dark Alex was doing it all.... ugh. Is there anything significant with this that should make me update?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, you need to be on 6.20 OFW to make this work.

Well, not really, only if you use HEN or non-permanent CFW on unhackable PSP.
    Some people have issue with plugins,etc. But, the ISO/CSO work just fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Yes, you need to be on 6.20 OFW to make this work.

Well, not really, only if you use HEN or non-permanent CFW on unhackable PSP.
    Some people have issue with plugins,etc. But, the ISO/CSO work just fine.
    So other than security patches, the new updates since 5.00 don't really bring any features to the table?

Thanks

YES , you DO need to have Sysytem Software ( ofw ) version 6.20 to run this.

but if you already have 'm33', 'Prometheus' or 'GEN' installed then it is better to stick with them ( unless you have 5.03 GEN, then you are recommended to update )

This cfw is mainly for those that have either 'accidentally' upgraded or there PSP came with 5.50+ FW and thus cant be downgraded as far back as 5.00.

Although 'PRO-B4' does have more features than 'm33' or 'GEN', and if you have a PSP-1000 or 2000 and are curiouse to try this out, then you can downgrade using 'version.txt' if you would prefer the 5.00 or 5.50 Custom Firmwares.

Personally myself, i prefer 'PRO-B4' to all the past Custom Firmwares.