Thread: Problem with GBA emulation on the Supercard DSTWO

Thanks

Unhappy Problem with GBA emulation on the Supercard DSTWO

So I got me a DSTWO after seeing recommendations from like everywhere, and I was really excited about it since I'd be able to play my favourite GBA game, the U.S version of Gadget Racers, on the go.
    Only problem is, it won't work.

The European version works just fine, but they've completely ruined the game in that, making it all "cartoony" and kid-oriented. The US version has a "SRS BSNS" vibe about it, despite it being the weirdest racing game I've ever played.

ANYWAY.

The DSTWO can run every other GBA game just fine through the downloadable emulator, but not this one.
    It starts up fine, lets me enter a user name, plays the intro movie, and displays the "PRESS START" screen. Then, when I press start, my DS just hangs. The music stops, the image freezes, and nothing happens.

I've tried downloading all the different versions of it available on EP (of which the number is two), but to no avail. I also tried an older (I think) version from a goodset I got a year or so back, but nothing helps. This is the ONLY game that does this.

Is there anyone with a DSTWO who can verify this behaviour, or, even better, offer a solution?

Also, hello, I'm new, and also HOLY CRAP I POSTED AT 13:37.
    Last edited by LimEJET; 8th-April-2011 at 11:45.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Its Being Emulated on a DS, that pretty much covers why its still far from perfect
    I own a DSTWO as well, still amazed it can run all kinds of Emulators.

just any unofficial GBA Emulator updates for the DSTwo.

if that dont work, http://www.emucr.com/search/label/VisualBoyAdvance-M

newest GBA Emu for pc.
    Last edited by Supreme Warrior; 6th-May-2011 at 13:54.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On the move GBA

PSP (softmodded) has great gba emulation and it's portable
    DS-Lite*/Original DS* can use GBA flash kits or DS flashkits with a GBA port mermory ext both let you play gba games with DS/GBA hardware (i.e. it's not emulated)
    GBA* can use GBA flash kits (doh)
    *not all gba side flash kits are perfect and can cost alot, memory ext for DS seems to be very compatible and are rather cheap
    *DSi and newer DS hardware does not have a gba port

On ya TV GBA

XBox (softmodded or modchip) has great gba emulation
    PC has great gba emulation

There is more aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-May-2011 at 16:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Alright, so I'm looking for a SLOT2 flashcard then.

Is there one that can read from SLOT1 directly? I don't want to buy a second microSD card just for my GBA games.

Supreme Warrior Guest

the only card that can read from slot 1 is DSTWO since it has a built in cpu.

Thanks

I know this kinda doesn't answer the question but if you have a smart phone I'm finding the GBA emulation to be surprisingly solid. I've been using Gameboid. Awesome time killer while I'm sitting on campus waiting for classes to start

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

no no no to emulation of any kind on a phone, smart phone or any other type... just no... exceptions are the I want to be a console type phones like the N-Gage or maybe the new one by Sony, controls are just too important for video games even some of the phone games made for phones are almost impossible to play

If you have a DS or DS Lite then yes go for a Slot 2 GBA flash kit (Expensive) or go for a Slot 1 flash kit with a Slot 2 GBA expantion (Basicly NDS and GBA roms are stored on slot 1 but the GBA expantion allows you to play GBA games and is also used as extra memory for some emulators and the NDS web browser [Web on DS sucks anyway])

You might get away with just getting the GBA expantion, but I'm sure the Slot 1 Flash kit must support it or atleast the software on the slot 1 device

There may be some nds software though that can be run from any Slot 1 device... I will have a quick dig for you

EDIT found one that lets you use most Slot 2 GBA expantions from any NDS Slot 1 flash device the prog is was called "GBA ExpLoader" (older) and is now called "3in1 ExpPack Tool" (newer), just google it

http://www.dsdatabase.org/ewinexpansion.html this is what I am talking about (gba expantion, mine is a M3 GBA Expantion+M3 Real)

The Slot 2 GBA Expantions are realy very cheap to aquire
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-May-2011 at 18:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

The expansions do indeed look like the best choice, especially since the DSTWO, as mentioned, has support for it. However, it's hard to find any good shops that sell them.

I found the EZ-FLASH 3, which also has a built-in Rumble pack, for really cheap, but naturally, since it's so cheap, they're sold out everywhere.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just keep looking online

Try http://www.m3adapter.com/global_sell_net.htm

I know thats for the M3 series but the shops linked tends to be general shops selling all sorts of flash kits not just the M3 range

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]