Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PEC Cheat Code Addition.

Thanks

Default PEC Cheat Code Addition.

Alright, I'm using ePSXe, not that I think that's pertinent to the issue at hand, and I'm trying to use Playstation Emulator Cheater. I'm pretty sure at least a few of you are pretty familiar with it.

Anyway, I've got Resident Evil 2 in, only to find that there are NO pre-added cheats whatsoever for it ON PEC.

Now, I can go look the codes up, and indeed, already have, but that's not going to do me any good if I can't find how to add a game to the list of available titles. I expected to find an "Add Game/Title" option pretty easily, but I see no such thing. I see a "User Database", but that doesn't seem to be what I want. How do I add a game to the list, so as to add codes to it?

I could play it without of course, but I didn't download this Fakeshark(tm) to look at.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried using cheats with it for GT2, you might find the game ISO might be mislabeled, how many different versions of RE are in PEC?
    And have you loaded PEC in your GFX plugins?

Thanks

From what I see, they only have Resident Evil 3 :Nemesis, and that extends to the Jap side as well, with only Biohazard 3: Final Escape. Also, I'm playing the actual disk, not a download. Can you even run PEC if you don't have it uploaded in your graphics option?

There IS a way to add games that aren't listed already, isn't there? I'm talking the list of games they already have in it. I used to have a Gameshark way back when, and I never had any problem adding new games that were not listed, since they hadn't existed yet, or were too esoteric for them to consider adding, like Threads Of Fate or something.

Supreme Warrior Guest

just try Codebreaker, It works for most games and to save your cheats, just save state

(I mainly use pSX)

Thanks

Well, I was under the impression that this program was supposed to be an all in one, combining Pro Action Replay, Gameshark, and Code Breaker all into one neat-o torpedo little package. At least, thats what I had thought it said.

You know, that doesn't even make sense, either. wasn't Resident Evil 2 like, one of the most popular games released in '98? They have the god damn Pizza Hut give away disk with the Metal Gear Solid demo on it (which I still have, somewhere) listed, but no RE2?

Final Edit: I may have figured out why Resident Evil 2 is not supported by PEC. It's not supported by ePSXe, either. after actually trying torun the game which I should have done WAY before now, I find that on bothe the Leon AND Claire disks, it won't go past the "This game contains scenes of EXPLICIT violece and GORE" screen. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to the ol' grey box for that one. Too bad, that's a game that would have benefited greatly from save states.

Unless one of you have a save state that you can send me right after that screen? I want to see if it's only that screen. Guess I'll go grab three and watch Brad Vickers get hilariously slaughtered over and over again.
    Last edited by Phoenix Wright; 7th-April-2011 at 04:26.

Thanks

i have no issue with it i can add and delete codes no problems with anygame...make sure the pec video plugin is slected and u send cheats to plugin..also helps if your using expse 1.7..also re2 works on my epsxe....

Thanks

And they're permanent? You don't have to re-enter them everytime? What's the command? How do I add the game to the master list? Is it User Database? Details man, DETAILS!

As for Resident Evil 2, Disks or download?

Supreme Warrior Guest

would be so much easier with the method i told you about

you can even use the same memory card file between pSX and ePSXe.

Thanks

The point is, unfortunately, moot at this time, unless I can get past the "blood and gore" warning. There's games I DON'T use cheats on, and game I don't come anywhere CLOSE to needing cheats on. But, since Resident Evil has the rank system, I'd like to be able to stop the clock, so's to get the best one. That and "More Blood" are the only ones I'm using on Resident Evil 3 right meow. I play all my games like I post. Never got an Excalibur 2 in Final Fantasy 9, that's for damn sure. Twelve Hours from start to Crystal World. Yeah. Right. Not when there is CHOCOBOING TO BE DONE.

Kweh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Google for PECedit. Also google for Daemon Tools and isobuster. PECedit is a gui to add games and codes to PEC, your only other option is to edit codelist.inf and add them yourself, but first you have to figure our the right format so that PEC will read the codes.

Install isobuster, put your game disc in, right click on the top listing of the disc in isobuster, extract RAW. This should make you a usable game image in a couple minutes.

Install the Daemon tools, open it, mount your disc image, now make sure your ePSXe cdrom plugin is using your virtual drive from Daemon. Go to run CDROM in ePSXe file menu. This might help run Resident Evil games, I am pretty sure I was able to play 2 on ePSXe this way. Also, running games from an extracted image is usually smoother since discs don't spin at the right speed to play PS1 games in your computer.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

hello all i just added resident evil directors cut manually all you have to do is to look what type is your game,example my resident evil game is: SLUS 00747 and then do a search in game shark because i found those cheats there

Thanks

as you can see in pec i added resident evil directors cut an works flawlessly all you have to do is open the file codelist it is in the folder of pec and when you have found the cheat codes add manually but remember in order to the cheats work they have to match the type of your game with the cheats if you have more doubts i will be here .

Thanks

Alex, yours was closest. Find codelist in PEC file. Click on it, and open it. Follow the format of the other codes, and enter your own game and codes. You can get the register code for a game PEC does not recognize by hitting "Jump To Game In Drive [Enter letter of Disk Drive here]". It will most likely be SLUS followed by a dash and numbers, unless it's not coded for North America.

Format is as follows.

#Game Name#SLUS-Number
    "Name and function of Code
    800B6782 000F <---Example of code, press enter for codes requiring multiple lines.
    .Any Additional notes you wish to add concerning the code above

I first got a line about not being able to save without Administrator permission, odd, seeing as how I AM the admin. I got around this by saving it to a different area, moving the original code list out, and moving in the replacement. I now have codes for Mega Man Legends added, where no codes for Mega Man Legends had been before. I've not been bugged about Admin permission since. I think I can delete this PEC editor, since It didn't do anything for me.

I think I just wrote my own tutorial.

One last thing, and this is to SkullPoker in particular. That program, Isobuster, does that rip the game to my computer? 'Cause I'm perty new to disk emulation, so I don't have a clue.
    Last edited by Phoenix Wright; 8th-April-2011 at 18:10.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
    That program, Isobuster, does that rip the game to my computer? 'Cause I'm perty new to disk emulation, so I don't have a clue.
    Yes, that's what it's for. You can then copy your data to another disc or use it with Daemon tools as though you had the disc. Some discs have copy protection that isobuster can't get around, though.

And yes, PECedit can be a bit tricky to add games to. You have to enter a game name and slus-code to start an entry which can take a little bit of searching if you don't have the CD to look at for that information. Editing the codelist.inf is beyond some people since you have to derive the proper format to add codes manually. Even a list code with a switch can be added fairly easily in PECedit without finding a game that has one so that you can learn the format. For example, making a code for Final Fantasy 7 to put a specific materia in a specific inventory slot could be a code with 2 variables that could each have a list of options.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 9th-April-2011 at 07:59.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

my friend i got your answers i just put some codes in the codelist file of re2 i leave the link for you to download ,unrar and copy the file in pec folder i do the search for re2 slus- 00748 because i own that game hope this works for you, always a pleasure to help members .http://File name: codelist.rar File size: 492.29 KB