Thread: Pokemon Black Issues

Thanks

Unhappy Pokemon Black Issues

Hello, everyone~ This is my first time here in the forums and my first time using an emulator. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

So, I downloaded the Desmume emulator and a Pokemon Black ROM (USA). As I'm playing the game, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong until I enter a Pokemon battle. My brother has an actual copy of Pokemon White, so I'm fairly familiar with how things are supposed to work.

The only problem I have is that after a battle is finished, my Pokemon don't gain any experience points. The usual "[Pokemon name] gained X EXP!" message doesn't pop up and the exp bar doesn't change. The game goes through the all the usual messages after a battle (except for the exp message), fades to black, and then it shows my trainer sprite back in the scene I left off at.

Also, the music occasionally slows down or speeds up. This is a minor problem, however, and not my main concern.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks
    EP Points

Gaining no EXP after battle is related to AP protection when playing it on DeSmuMe, however it can be fixed by patching the game using RetroGameFan's patcher.

Thanks

Thank you!

Thanks

I've downloaded the patch.

What do I do now?

Thanks
    EP Points

Just drag the rom over the OpenPatch.exe, and it should be patched after that, but make sure to make backup before doing it, In case something happen.